GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Chi Omega

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,126
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, babobygooglet93
» Online Users: 1,342
1 members and 1,341 guests
bapitytts7552

Old 02-26-2003, 03:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Getting organized!

Okay - you know when you find out about something GREAT and wonderful and you just have to tell all your friends -- well I have found it!! (Before I start this - I want to say to anyone who might be thinking this is spam or the like, it is NOT - this is simply a tool that I found to really change my perspective about my crazy life, and I am sharing it -- there is NO cost involved so I am not selling anything -- it is just a website that has really helped me out, and I think others would enjoy it as well. Please PM with ?'s)

FlyLady.net -- it is amazing!! The "FLYlady" is a woman who established a "routine" system to get your life in order, and it really has helped me. Again, there is NO money involved in this - it is just a really cool website that offers FREE advice about organization and such.

Her main philosophy is "Anyone can do anything for 15 minutes" and that is it! Set the timer and go. It is just really cool! I have told the women in our chapter about it because her system can work for ANYONE willing to give it a chance. The hardest thing for me was to wear shoes all day. I hate shoes! But it has really helped.

Anyway, thought that my dear sisters out there would like to see her stuff (please don't let the site overwhelm you) -- BABY STEPS. Just go to each link as you can and see what she has for getting organized. I love it because she says "you're not behind - just get started!" -- too cute! Check it out and let me know what you think!
Old 03-02-2003, 11:21 AM
GreekChat Member

I'm a FlyBaby too! I just started FLYing a few weeks ago, and wow! It has made such a difference for me...
Old 03-02-2003, 11:40 AM
Super Moderator

Okay, AXOAlum, I'm gonna try it! I'm trusting you here!
Old 03-04-2003, 09:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Okay - been away from the internet for a WEEK since our cable has been out (no cable - no roadrunner)!!

Anyway, how is it going for you Carnation? I am LOVING being a FlyBaby.

BetaRose - last night was the first night my sink wasn't clean, but I think I got a "free pass" - I fell and ended up in the emergency room until 2am!! I'm okay (nothing broken) but it feels like it!!

So...better make the time to catch up tonight!!

Let me know how you guys are doing, and if you ever log on to chat - would love to chat with you!
Old 03-05-2003, 04:07 AM
GreekChat Member

I haven't tried it yet but may try this weekend when I have recovered from my overnights-I need to get organized!
Old 03-06-2003, 03:35 PM
GreekChat Member

FlyLady

AXOAlum and BetaRose,

I am a Flybaby too! My sink is SHINING, and I have my shoes on my feet.

Of course, I have to have my shoes on my feet, because I go to work in an office everday, but even when I go home at night I put sneakers on to tell my brain that we have to do work!

I am so glad to "meet" others who follow FLYLady--we should definitely get together and chat sometime!
Old 03-06-2003, 06:10 PM
GreekChat Member

YIPEE!! All these Greek Fly-babies I was chatting one night on their and was telling them that now I have two addictions - GC and FL They didn't know what GC was though!

imsohappythatiama - my DH actually has sink detail every night. He is SO great at taking care of it so in the AM its all bright and shiny. He is already a super-organizer, so he knows that that helps me keep going

I am really working hard on the clutter. I have so many things that I just don't need (like a TON of AXO bid day pictures from the chapter that I advise -- don't really need them!) - so I think that I will donate those to the chapter room. As for the other things, I volunteer with a shelter for victims of domestic violence - I really try to pick things up and say to myself "I really don't use this, but a lady who is starting over would probably love to have it..." and that helps me too. My arch-enemy right now is this room! Its my office slash guest room! The closet is packed with Creative Memories stuff (mostly the stupid $2000 worth of inventory that I bought and can't sell!) and then I have a bunch of books and stuff that need to be put into proper order.

Okay - back to work for me! So glad to hear from the fly-babies!!
Old 03-08-2003, 09:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Sorry to crash your forum, but I saw this thread, went to the FL site and joined! So I'm a Day 1 brand-new Flybaby. My sneakers are on, my bed is made, my sink is SHINING, and I even did a 27 Fling Boogie!!! I'm so proud of myself...thanks for posting about this site.
Old 03-09-2003, 07:05 PM
GreekChat Member

greeklawgirl - that is AWESOME!! I can't believe you've accomplished all that already! It took me a few days to conquer the shoes thing! Then the sink...but now I'm doing alright!

This stuff has REALLY helped me so much!! Now I just need to conquer the closet in here and do a 127 fling boogie

Let me know how its going for you!!
Old 04-07-2003, 03:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Just wondering how all the GC FLYbabies are doing!

I'm still keeping up with it. My sink is still shiny, my shoes are on, and I'm following my routines for the most part. I haven't made a control journal yet...I'll get around to it soon, though!

The best part is that I can see a HUGE difference in how my home is looking. Its unbelievable...DH even scrubbed the heck out of the bathroom and now I can see my reflection on the linoleum floor! LOL

AXOAlum, I really just can't thank you enough for turning me onto this system!
Old 04-07-2003, 11:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Awww.....I just LOVE sharing things that simplify my life

I am still doing it a little -- still getting dressed...still cleaning the sink. But have not been doing zones or control journal -- just really crazy right now with things. The funny thing is that if I would start doing them again, things wouldn't be so crazy!! UGH!

Of course then again, I probably wouldn't be up at 11:25 doing this either

How are the other FlyBabies doing?!
Old 05-20-2003, 09:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Okay, I'm a new flybaby! I was browsing in the bookstore the other day and ran across the flylady's new book, and just had to buy it! I've read three chapters, and am taking BABYSTEPS! I can actually see the floor in my office now! My house is beginning to take shape and look semi-decent again! Are you still collecting AXOALUM? Any of that stuff helpful?
I have a question though - did anyone sign up for the emails from the flylady? I am getting bombarded with them. Can anyone keep up with them all? I can't!
Old 05-21-2003, 09:42 AM
GreekChat Member

The emails DO pile up! I got to where they were becoming MORE clutter on my "virtual" desk -- I switched my profile to where I would receive the digest version -- all the emails from one day come together. Usually they post at the end of the day (around 10pm I think) so you won't get all the "fire drill" emails, but you can read the others to see what you can do for the next day. It seemed to help me when I switched.

I am glad you have that book - you'll have to loan it out to some friends I need to get back into my routine. DH still shines my sink each night so that keeps me going

No on the collection -- I dropped the others off, and she said that they were running out of room. I told her to just let me know periodically when they needed clothes and stuff -- she said she would. So don't worry about collecting anymore - thanks!
Old 08-24-2003, 12:10 AM
GreekChat Member

This has been an awesome site for me! I've divided my house into my own zones that work for me, and I am really starting to notice a difference! Before dinner parties, I find I am not rushing around scrambling to make the house look great - I am instead just taking my time and enjoying the finishing touches before everyone arrives. Okay AXOAlum, first greekchat, now flylady...what's my next addiction? LOL!