GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,155
1 members and 1,154 guests
3DGator

Old 09-15-2007, 12:01 AM
GreekChat Member

Informal/COB

Hi everyone. So I've been going through informal recruitment at my school this past week. It's been a good experience, but now it's time to hear from chapters about getting asked back to pref night or not. I'm getting super nervous! I feel like I've had amazing connections with many girls in two houses, and I had a really good time at another house.

My question is: Do you find that conversations can be one sided or did they likely have a good conversation too? I mean, obviously you can't answer for them directly, but I guess I'm worried because I've heard stories at my school about girls thinking they got along amazingly w/ a group and then they cut her at the last minute. I would feel honored and special if these girls felt the same way about me and offered me a bid, but can you have those connections and NOT be offered a bid (at least commonly)?? And this wasn't just ONE girl in a house.... Any help or reassurance would be greatly appreciated!
Old 09-15-2007, 01:31 AM
GreekChat Member

There's really no way to know. I had the experience of being rushed by a group that I LOVED, only to be dropped before preference (Fortunately I got over it when I realized I still had other chapters that I loved on my list for preference).

The thing is, chapters want to to have a good time when you visit. After all, if everyone loves their chapter, then they'll have their pick of members, plus it's just good PR. Additionally, some members are excellent conversationalists and can talk to a wall whether not there is actually a connection. These are the reasons why it can be so shocking when a PNM gets cut from a chapter where she thinks she fits.

I don't know you, I don't know the chapter in question, I don't know what the chapter thought of you. You might get invited back/offered a bid or you might not. Try to entertain yourself with other activities (or study a bit extra) to get your mind off of it or you'll just drive yourself nuts. An attitude of caution coupled with faith that you'll end up in the right place is a good one.