GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,471
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, veasfrances2534
» Online Users: 2,110
0 members and 2,110 guests
No Members online

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-17-2011, 01:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Rushing as a Sophomore

I go to a small-medium sized southern school (Wake Forest), and we have deferred rush. Due to many circumstances last semester, Formal recruitment did not work out as I'd hoped.

Many (most) of my friends joined sororities, and I'd still like to be a part of my school's greek system. We have both fall (informal) rush and formal rush in the spring. I know that informal rush is a lot less, well, formal (duh) than formal recruitment, but I am also aware that there are fewer spots in each sorority, making it a much more competitive process.

I am faced with two options--fall recruitment and spring recruitment. I would rather do formal recruitment in the spring because I feel as if I would have a better chance at getting one of the houses I want in the Spring. I also would like to use this semester to meet more people and bring my GPA up a few points. However, I'm not sure on Wake's general opinion on sophomores rushing in the Spring. Does anyone know if this is looked down upon? Would I need more recs this year?
I'm a little embarassed to go through formal recruitment again--I know it sounds stupid, but rush was pretty difficult last spring and I just want some input on it before I decide either way.

Any advice from anyone would be much appreciated Thank you so much!