GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,425
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, zenjaminusasdz5
» Online Users: 2,387
4 members and 2,383 guests
JayhawkAOII, TLLK

Old 07-16-2009, 06:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Help!! :) Please and Thank You!

Okay,
So I am SOOOOO excited for college...I got into UCLA and am now doing summer school here and it is SO amazing and I'm just so excited and happy it is crazy! Anyway, I am rushing in the fall, but my problem is that I don't have any letters of rec because I don't know anyone that was in a sorority!! Crazy right?! I have seriously asked all my teachers, my parent's friends, random people in my community, etc. I guess I just live in a really sisterless area. I really feel like not having a letter will hurt me because I heard most people have them. Please give me any suggestions on what I should do! ANY advice would be amazing.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 07-16-2009, 06:28 PM
Super Moderator

go to npc.org. find a list of alumnae chapters in california. contact the nearest one near you and tell them what you just told us. maybe they will be able to assist you.
Old 07-16-2009, 06:31 PM
GreekChat Member

You may also be able to find local alumnae chapters for each sorority on campus through their inter/national websites. I see no problem with emailing the alumnae chapter presidents asking for help. Be aware, that you will need to make yourself available to these alums to get to know you so that they can write appropriate and helpful recs for you. If they ask you to do something, like meet for coffee...do it with a big smile! Good luck!

AOII

One Motto, One Badge, One Bond and Singleness of Heart!

Old 07-16-2009, 06:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Wow thanks so much for the super fast replies! I will definitely do that as soon as possible.
Thank you!
Old 07-16-2009, 09:34 PM
GreekChat Member

good luck! i'd love to hear how your experience goes at UCLA .. what an exciting school to go to

"If you find the girls that love the you, you love..well then that's just fAbulΦus."
Old 07-16-2009, 10:17 PM
GreekChat Member

As an advisor at a UCLA chapter, I can tell you that fewer than 10% of PNMs (Potential New Members) have letters of recommendation going through recruitment. Though my feeling is that this is probably because most of the girls going through recruitment have no idea what a letter of recommendation is.

While it's not make or break at this school, it is always a good idea to get letters of rec. I've given this advice before: if you really can't find alumnae in your area who you already know, try googling the alumnae groups of the individual organizations in your area and ask if you can meet with the ladies to introduce yourself.

Good luck!
Old 07-17-2009, 12:41 AM
GreekChat Member

Also- Alpha Chi Omega is recolonizing our Alpha Psi chapter at UCLA this fall. We'll be participating in the first round of recruitment (Open House). There's more info at http://info.theginsystem.com/websites/axo_ucla/

"Together, Let Us Seek the Heights"

I <3 My KΣ
Old 07-17-2009, 01:29 AM
GreekChat Member

For the record, npc.orc takes you to the National Petroleum Council and I'm guessing they wouldn't be of much assistance for rush. The website you want is www.npcwomen.org.

Θ Φ Α

Old 07-17-2009, 09:04 AM
Super Moderator

thank you tpa85 for correcting my mistake. sorry, vika!