GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Pi > Pi Beta Phi

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,431
2 members and 1,429 guests
acg233, naraht

Old 09-19-2005, 10:03 PM
GreekChat Member

informal recruitment @ ASU?

First thing is first. I am new here. HI!!! *waves*

ok...

I have been doing a lot of research on the sororities at Arizona State University. I have talked to a lot of people, and read a lot of information about the sororities. The one I am most fond of is Pi Beta Phi . However, I understand that ASU just finished their formal recruitment. I missed this, and I still want to rush. I have heard, and tried researching, information about an informal recruitment held at the begining of the second semester but I cannot find anything.

Do you need an invitation? How would I get one?

I am not even sure what I should be asking because I cannot find any information on an informal recruitment. Maybe there isn't one?

And also, do sororities (Pi Beta Phi in particular) support their memebers having a boyfriend? (I have read about the no B's when talking at rush, so I am asking now. )

Thank you all so much. I would really appreciate your help on this.

I am oh so terribly sorry if this has been posted somewhere. I have been searching for a while and have yet to find something like this.

Last edited by thejuicyone; 09-20-2005 at 03:21 PM.
Old 09-19-2005, 11:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to erniegurl00 Send a message via Yahoo to erniegurl00
First off, welcome to GC.

Now, to answer some of your questions. It is going to be hard for any of us to answer your informal recruitment question unless one of us is from ASU. Every university (and chapter!) does things a little differently, so I suggest you contact your Office of Greek Affairs. I did some quick searching and come up with this page. I would start here.
ASU Greek Affairs Contact Info They should be able to tell you if/when informal recruitment occurs and which chapter(s) are participating.

Also, it's ok to have boyfriends and be a part of greek life. I had a steady bf throughout my undergrad experience. Really it's up to the individual to balance her sorority and her bf. No problems should arise as long as one stays active and participates in important events.

Good luck,
Erin
Co-Moderator