GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Delta > Delta Sigma Theta
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,563
Threads: 115,514
Welcome to our newest member, VickiWhita
» Online Users: 1,621
1 members and 1,620 guests
No Members online

Old 09-20-2004, 11:04 AM
GreekChat Member

Location: From Philly but now I reside in the Mighty Midwest right outside Chicago
Thumbs up The Wire

I am not sure if there is already a thread dedicated to this awesome show, but are there any "The Wire" fans out there?? How did you like the season opener?? Is Mr. Idris Elba (aka: Stringer Bell) still fine or what?? Let me know what your thoughts are.
Old 09-20-2004, 01:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ykimber
I was so into the first season of The Wire I would stay up and watch this show. I knew all the characters and loved them all. This show is by far one of the best shows on HBO! I am sad because I missed the whole second season due to cash flow problems and no cable TV. Now they are starting the third season and I feel as if I should get cable just to watch this show! Hopefully, they release the first and second season on DVD so I can catch up.
Old 09-20-2004, 05:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Love the Wire. Watched faithfully the first 2 seasons and watched last night. You can see all of the story development going on. Since I am in B-more, they talk about it all the time and the actors say that there will be tons of action and drama so I can't wait.
And yes, Stringer Bell is f-i-n-e!
Old 09-20-2004, 06:28 PM
GreekChat Member

The Wire is MY SHOW! I have never been one for thugs (well, there was that time in the 11th grade... ) but Stringer Bell is WHOAH. That man is just FOINE!! They need to give him a love interest so I can see him with his shirt off again. LOL I was cracking up that he had them doing Robert's Rules of Order in a meeting of drug dealers! LOL I was pretty busy last night, so I missed half of it. I'll watch it again though. You know you cannot miss a minute of the Wire!

Did anyone else think the guy who was with Bodie and Poot when they brought the towers down looked like Wallace, the little runner who was going to snitch that Bodie killed? For a minute I thought it was a repeat! It was kinda spookey
Old 09-20-2004, 09:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to 1browngirl Send a message via Yahoo to 1browngirl
I love The Wire. I actually ordered HBO just to watch the show this season. Stringer Bell is fine.... they were cracking me up in the funeral home during the meeting.

Avon is still running things.... did anyone else notice how they called a time out during the baseball game until he could clear the field?

The guy with Bodie and Poot reminded me of Wallace too.

This season is going to be good, I like how they are developing the characters from season 1 & 2, and how they keep adding to the story and connecting each of the characters in some way.

What about when Bubbs and Johnnie lost their pants and had to go turn the metal in, and they guy there was like, ya'll know ya'll don't have pants on... LOL. I hope this season they let Bubbs get straight or into rehab or something.

I want them to bring Omar back and of course Bro. Mouzon, and I can't wait until Avon figures out that Stringer had D'Angelo killed.

Greater Service, Greater Progress since 1922
Old 09-20-2004, 11:22 PM
laidbackfella

This season is gonna be crazy.

Cop pressing for clearance.

Elections coming up.

Towers getting knocked down.

Avon bout to be back on the street.

9pm on Sundays I will definitely be unavailable.
Old 09-21-2004, 12:28 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Cali_Keisha
I watched my first episode today. It is a good show, I could see myself glued to the T.V. in the future.
Old 09-21-2004, 10:26 AM
GreekChat Member

Location: From Philly but now I reside in the Mighty Midwest right outside Chicago
Quote:
Originally posted by laidbackfella
This season is gonna be crazy.

Cop pressing for clearance.

Elections coming up.

Towers getting knocked down.

Avon bout to be back on the street.

9pm on Sundays I will definitely be unavailable.
I agree Sunday's at 8pm (cst) don't even think of calling me!!
Old 09-21-2004, 10:36 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to 2DISCRETE4U
I caught it on ON Demand last night. Mannnn...this season is going to be great! Stringer Bell was looking dayum good!! And I hope they plan on showing more of Wee-Bey and Avon...cause I luv them too!

What's up with dude that just got out after 14 years upstate?! I have a feeling he's gonna get in that young boi's azz for pulling a gun on him and stealing his money!!
Old 09-21-2004, 10:39 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by 2DISCRETE4U
I caught it on ON Demand last night. Mannnn...this season is going to be great! Stringer Bell was looking dayum good!! And I hope they plan on showing more of Wee-Bey and Avon...cause I luv them too!

What's up with dude that just got out after 14 years upstate?! I have a feeling he's gonna get in that young boi's azz for pulling a gun on him and stealing his money!!
I think you are right, when he said back in the day you needed to provide a squad number and ol' boy was like whatever, I think dude is going to get him even though it seems as if he really doesn't want to be back in the life.
Old 09-21-2004, 12:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to kiml122
Quote:
I Stringer Bell was looking dayum good!! And I hope they plan on showing more of Wee-Bey and Avon...cause I luv them too!
Ok, I don't watch this show, but just these names make me want to start.

Be Breezy - Calvin from "House of Payne"
Old 09-21-2004, 02:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:

Girl...yes! I love me some Bey and Avon, too! ALways nice to have a handsome brotha to look at as well.
Old 09-21-2004, 03:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to pinkey08
Quote:
Originally posted by 1browngirl

Avon is still running things.... did anyone else notice how they called a time out during the baseball game until he could clear the field?

I noticed that too. The first episode was good I am in love with Stringer! I can't wait until Sunday...
________
Cumshot forced

Last edited by pinkey08; 03-20-2011 at 04:37 AM.
Old 09-22-2004, 01:16 PM
kissy324

I love the Wire. I've been watching all of the previous episodes before the new season began, because I had never seen it before that. Even though I am now a serious fan of the Wire, what pulled me in was Stringper. DAYUM that man is HOT!!!!!!
Old 09-22-2004, 05:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by 1browngirl

What about when Bubbs and Johnnie lost their pants and had to go turn the metal in, and they guy there was like, ya'll know ya'll don't have pants on... LOL. I hope this season they let Bubbs get straight or into rehab or something.

I want them to bring Omar back and of course Bro. Mouzon, and I can't wait until Avon figures out that Stringer had D'Angelo killed.
I forgot about the baseball game thing! I was 1/2 watching it and when I saw that I was like wait a minute....then I CRACKED up! I don't think Avon is attractive, but his brother (in real life) Steve Harris (Eugene from the Practice) can run my bathwater any day!!

Bubbs and Johnnie need to both go some where! They do add comic relief though. That was funny!

Omar is the man! He will definately be back. Didn't Bro. Mouzon get killed??

Yeah, when Stringer finds out about D and the deal with Prop Joe it's going to be ON!

I just hate that the wire does not get the pub that shows like the Sopranos get. I think the Wire is better than the Sopranos.

I'd like for them to bring Charlene back as well.

Wonder how much they will show of the Dock people and the Greek this year?