GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Alumni Involvement
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,456
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, zatylerahvso465
» Online Users: 1,518
1 members and 1,517 guests
gatordeltapgh

Old 05-05-2004, 09:32 AM
GreekChat Member

Advice on Organizing an All-Greek Alum Group

Hey everyone. I have started a group for all Greek alums in my area (NYC). I have planned 2 events and while many people from the other organizations responded they were coming, only members from my organization have showed up (not that I am complaining, I love hanging with my sisters). I am looking for suggestions on how to attract other Greek alums to the events. So far I have planned a happy hour during the week, and a Saturday nite out. I decided to plan our next get-together for ESPN Zone, hoping to attract some males out there. I have recently gained knowledge that there is a very active Greek alumni group in NYC and have contacted them via email but haven't heard anything back from them as of yet. I know it is a slow go getting these things off the ground but I am looking for any advice anyone has. A couple months ago our AA attempted having a "mixer" with another Greek frat organization that is really large and only 2 of them showed up and there were like 20 of us. I would love to have suggestions on how to attract both the guys and the ladies to these events.

In Greek Spirit,
Allison, D*Phi*E
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 05-05-2004, 03:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Smile

Allison, you ask for a tall order!

Initially, it is hard to get Varing Groups together. But, when you do, they will find that it can be fun! Hard work, hell yes, just keep pluging along!

Hell, NY, NY has more places to go than anywhere in the world. Now, the problem is finding the right hot button to push to drag their butts there and for what reason!

A PUB: wine and cheese, just BSing.

Someones apt.: wine, cheese, a cook out on the deck or patio.

Some thing in Central park? What is the ages? Games, lawn Darts, Croquet, volley ball, badmiton! Sounds corney, oh, Coney Island maybe???

Tuff job, but You can do it Bobby Bouchet!

Oh, Adamn Sandler: Water Boy!

LX Z # 1
Alumni