GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,354
3 members and 1,351 guests
Cookiez17, g41965, JayhawkAOII

Old 08-08-2010, 10:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AXOrushadvisor View Post
Holy Cow! Whoever said polyvore = crack was right! I have spent countless hours wasting time on it and I think putting together outfits on what NOT to wear may be even more enjoyable. This truly is a feast for the eyes!

I think I now need to go lead a productive life.

These outfits are HILARIOUS and had me laughing out loud! You found a tutu, and those shimmery leggings are ALMOST sequin hose...these are great! Maybe we should start a new "what not to wear" thread? I agree that it is almost more entertaining to make ridiculous outfits.
Old 08-08-2010, 10:24 PM
GreekChat Member

I really pray that I never see a PNM wearing these.
Old 08-08-2010, 10:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by perfectinpurple View Post

I really pray that I never see a PNM wearing these.
Surely they'll stay on the runway...

Imagine trying to cross your legs in those. Ouch.

"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five."
Groucho Marx
Old 08-09-2010, 12:43 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Well I feel a bit dumb for having to ask, but what's wrong with this?
I'm thinking it could be either:
1. Dress is quite short
2. The necklace... ugh.
3. Shoes don't match and are kind of ugly.
But the whole thing doesn't stick out to me as inadvertently bad like the others, or maybe that's just me.
Old 08-09-2010, 01:11 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by superbity View Post
1. Dress is quite short
2. The necklace... ugh.
But the whole thing doesn't stick out to me as inadvertently bad like the others, or maybe that's just me.
The shoes are super high.

The dress is too low-cut (and probably quite short unless you're really short).

And, as you said, the shoes don't match.

But, on the whole, probably not as bad as sequined hose. You just probably wouldn't want to leave the recruitment function and be known as "the girl in the low-cut sundress in the sky-high heels."
Old 08-09-2010, 08:13 AM
Super Moderator

and the glitter "rock and roll" necklace.
Old 08-09-2010, 08:49 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by superbity View Post
1. Dress is quite short
2. The necklace... ugh.
I don't think it's on the same level as the rainbow tutu, but it IS too lowcut, too short, and the bling combined with it being too revealing makes it kinda trashy. Which is fine for going to a show or something, but not a recruitment party.

Groucho Marx
Old 08-09-2010, 09:09 AM
GreekChat Member

My thought was boobs, butt, tacky necklace and sky high heels. It was kinda hard to find an "ugly" sun dress. This would not pass dress checks in our Chapter for the boob and butt factor. My daughter is 5' 11" and I'm pretty sure this one would leave nothing to the imagination. Although, I have to agree with you it is probably the best of the bunch because the pref dress is heinous. I'm shocked no one likes the necklace:P
Old 08-09-2010, 10:20 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
My thought was boobs, butt, tacky necklace and sky high heels. It was kinda hard to find an "ugly" sun dress. This would not pass dress checks in our Chapter for the boob and butt factor. My daughter is 5' 11" and I'm pretty sure this one would leave nothing to the imagination. Although, I have to agree with you it is probably the best of the bunch because the pref dress is heinous. I'm shocked no one likes the necklace:P
It wouldn't in mine either. Of course I'm 5'4" and boobless, so hey, I might be able to pull it off. (And by the way, I'm desperately jealous of your daughter and her height.) But momma always said that cleavage, if you MUST show it, is for after dark. I always tell the PNM's they have to remember they're trying to meet other girls, not guys.

As a short girl, though, I gotta say I love sky high heels.

Groucho Marx
Old 08-09-2010, 11:37 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alumiyum View Post
It wouldn't in mine either. Of course I'm 5'4" and boobless, so hey, I might be able to pull it off. (And by the way, I'm desperately jealous of your daughter and her height.) But momma always said that cleavage, if you MUST show it, is for after dark. I always tell the PNM's they have to remember they're trying to meet other girls, not guys.

As a short girl, though, I gotta say I love sky high heels.
This made me laugh because even at 5' 11" my daughter likes to rock the 4 inch heels! I told her I hope she finds herself a tall man.

Just as a side note around 15 years ago I had to send my recruitment chair home to change the dress she had on. I guess her and the president didn't give each other dress checks and she was all boobs literally falling over the top of the dress. She was SO mad at me and wouldn't speak to me the rest of recruitment.
Old 08-09-2010, 12:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
This made me laugh because even at 5' 11" my daughter likes to rock the 4 inch heels! I told her I hope she finds herself a tall man.

Just as a side note around 15 years ago I had to send my recruitment chair home to change the dress she had on. I guess her and the president didn't give each other dress checks and she was all boobs literally falling over the top of the dress. She was SO mad at me and wouldn't speak to me the rest of recruitment.
Hahahaha. I have a picture of my pledge class during our first preference as actives. That year three or four girls were in shows on campus and were in rehearsal so much that they were missing the least crucial parts of work week and somehow they never got their outfits checked. Coincidentally they all had huge boobs and were short, so they're standing in the front row of the picture in the hands on knees sorority pose and your eyes go straight to BOOBS.

On another note I went back and put together recruitment outfits that I could actually afford:

All of the dresses except the preference dress are from Modcloth, and most of the jewelry is Forever21/Charlotte Russe/Old Navy (I own a bunch of it already). This is how I would actually shop...I'd be picking shoes and accessories that could go with many different outfits and dresses that I could wear day to day (and the pref dress would be great for a semi-formal).

PS-For PNM's wanting to see how sorority women dress on their particular campus, one easy way to find out is to dig up chapters' websites. Look at the photos and see what the actives are wearing (though make sure the site is up to date...sometimes they're a few years old).

Groucho Marx

Last edited by Alumiyum; 08-09-2010 at 12:41 PM.
Old 08-09-2010, 01:30 PM
GreekChat Member

I had WAY too much fun with this. I had a deferred recruitment, so here is what I'd wear if I were going through summer recruitment today.

The nail polish from the first two and last two are supposed to be the same. I am obsessed with dresses right now, and apparently bright colors, too.
Old 08-09-2010, 03:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alumiyum View Post
Hahahaha. I have a picture of my pledge class during our first preference as actives. That year three or four girls were in shows on campus and were in rehearsal so much that they were missing the least crucial parts of work week and somehow they never got their outfits checked. Coincidentally they all had huge boobs and were short, so they're standing in the front row of the picture in the hands on knees sorority pose and your eyes go straight to BOOBS.

On another note I went back and put together recruitment outfits that I could actually afford:

All of the dresses except the preference dress are from Modcloth, and most of the jewelry is Forever21/Charlotte Russe/Old Navy (I own a bunch of it already). This is how I would actually shop...I'd be picking shoes and accessories that could go with many different outfits and dresses that I could wear day to day (and the pref dress would be great for a semi-formal).

PS-For PNM's wanting to see how sorority women dress on their particular campus, one easy way to find out is to dig up chapters' websites. Look at the photos and see what the actives are wearing (though make sure the site is up to date...sometimes they're a few years old).

Cute! Having a daughter that has always been tall we have not had the luxury of buying cheap things ever. She is XS tiny on top, but wears a 29 in a jean plus has legs that go from here to there. You don't even want to know what I go through for a Homecoming dress. Sometimes it gets so frustrating that I would spend whatever just to get a dress that fits her (we have finally figured out she fits better in womens clothing not juniors minus the bust). The point of this post is that we have decided there are things that we can buy cheap most of the time and other things that we just have to spend money on. On top of that her feet are not tiny and she is very self conscious of "whether her feet look big in these shoes" We have been able to pick through forever 21 and find some fabulous things that do not look cheap, but look like they came form some where else. My advice to any one going through recruitment or buying anything for an event; if you think you'll wear it over and over and it has classic lines go for it. To buy something trendy and shell out the big bucks not worth it in my opinion and the outfits you picked out are cute and trendy, although, I would not be polishing my nails a different color every day
Old 08-09-2010, 03:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleur de Lis View Post
I had WAY too much fun with this. I had a deferred recruitment, so here is what I'd wear if I were going through summer recruitment today.

The nail polish from the first two and last two are supposed to be the same. I am obsessed with dresses right now, and apparently bright colors, too.
Love this stuff! Very cute and this would work on my PAC 10 campus.
Old 08-09-2010, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldsilverbronz View Post
These outfits are HILARIOUS and had me laughing out loud! You found a tutu, and those shimmery leggings are ALMOST sequin hose...these are great! Maybe we should start a new "what not to wear" thread? I agree that it is almost more entertaining to make ridiculous outfits.
All I could think about the "What Not To Wear Pref Outfit" was: "Hey! It's a Pretty Pretty Princess Pref!"