GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Xi Delta
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,456
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, zatylerahvso465
» Online Users: 2,247
1 members and 2,246 guests
PGD-GRAD

Old 05-14-2001, 12:53 AM
GreekChat Member

Talking Alpha Xi's New to Campus

Hey ladies! I'm a member of a local sorority and our NPC chapter is bringing 3 sororities on campus to check us out and among them is Alpha Xi Delta. After checking out the national website, most of us set on you guys! Although our local philanthropy is the RAINN organization, we do the majority of our work with children...egg hunts, girl scouts, day care volunteer etc... Also our local org strives for sisterhood, leadership and excellence within ourselves and our community...and, plus, we have Sigma Nu's here ;-) Any tips on how we can win over the AZD nationals who will be meeting with us? We don't want to get our hopes up, and we want to give the other two sororities a chance, but I think you guys are set in our heart. Any tips and advice will be great. We are having workshops and meetings over the next week to prepare ourselves...we're just not quite sure what we need to have prepared.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 05-14-2001, 11:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Good Luck Ladies!! I don't really have any advice for you other than the usual be your wonderful selves. Alpha Xi Delta is a great organization and it sounds like your group is too. I wish you luck and just remember that it will all work out for the best in the end.
Xi Love,
Emily
xoxo
PS Let us know how it turns out!!
Old 05-16-2001, 12:22 AM
GreekChat Member

It's great that you are so interested in AXiD. It's a great organization, but then I am a little biased. I would have to agree with Emily and also suggest that you just be yourselves. You don't want to compromise your ideals for any of the 3 orgs that are coming to visit you. I think I would just show them that you already share in the AXiD ideals and vision. Basically just let them know what you just told us here. If that is what your sorority is all about, that is what they want to know. Best of luck. Relax and be yourselves, the rest will come naturally. And keep us posted on the outcome.

Xi love,
Mindy

------------------
"Would you not like to be sitting on top of the world with your legs hanging free?" -- Dave Matthews

[This message has been edited by fuzzie (edited May 16, 2001).]
Old 05-16-2001, 04:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking

Yeah!!!! I think it's fantastic that you like what you've heard and read about Alpha Xi Delta. Like fuzzie, I'm biased... but I have had a wonderful experience being an Alpha Xi Delta. By your user name, can I guess that you are at Sam Houston?
Old 05-17-2001, 12:29 AM
GreekChat Member

hi ladies. just found out today, that we will meet with alpha xi delta this sunday night. thanks to all for your words of encouragement and your advice. i will definitely let you all know what the outcome will be. have a great week, and don't stay in the sun too long! was at the pool today, and i got a little fried!

p.s. yes, alphaxigirl, i attend sam houston state university...do you reside in texas? eat em up 'kats! ;-)
Old 05-17-2001, 12:41 AM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up

Like the other girls who have posted replies, I'm so glad that ya'll are interested in Alpha Xi!!! I'm personally going into my third year with the gamma lambda chapter at UT Knoxville, and I'm missing my sisters terribly while I'm visiting my folks for a few weeks. We're all so close, and I have Alpha Xi to thank for bringing such wonderful women into my life. I wish you and your chapter the best of luck this Sunday!!! I've met several of the women from nationals, and they're all wonderful and very sweet. Just be your wonderful selves and I just know everything will be great!!! Again...good luck, and I'll be checking soon for your news!!!

lvandenb
Old 05-17-2001, 11:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Oh, one more thing...if you get to meet Sharon Richardson, the national membership vp for AXiD, please let her know that the gamma lambda chapter at "the OTHER UT" sends tons of Xi Love!!! She's wonderful!!!
Old 05-18-2001, 03:03 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm in Texas, too! siglambshsu, I truly hope that you (and your chapter) find what you are looking for (and if it happens to be Alpha Xi Delta - That's Fantastic!!!)... All three groups you are meeting with are great organizations.

If a mutual decision is made for you to wear our beautiful Quill - know that you will have four other fabulous Texas Alpha Xi Delta Chapters welcoming you with open arms (as well as 113 chapters nationwide).

Good luck with your meetings!

And, lvandenb, you are right, Sharon is the BOMB.... but I'm biased... she's from Texas!

[This message has been edited by AlphaXiGirl (edited May 18, 2001).]