GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,122
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, haledarkz870
» Online Users: 2,160
0 members and 2,160 guests
No Members online

Old 09-10-2012, 10:19 AM
GreekChat Member

So Alpha Chi and Phi Mu coming on at the same time seems like it worked great for Panhellenic...How did KA and Beta coming on at the same time go? What is the status on their colonization processes?
Old 09-10-2012, 12:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Well, we'll see. They still have to 1-retain their membership, which is a challenge for a colony 2-gain new members (they are still about 1/3 the size of the other chapters), 3-achieve all of the accomplishments required for chapter status (I don't know what they are but I'm sure it's things like successfully run chapter meetings, hold a philanthropy event, attend social functions, make grades, etc.). I'm sure they'll do just fine, but the hard climb is just starting! Good luck to them and congratulations to the entire UA Greek system for accomplishing an expansion like no other school ever has.
Old 09-10-2012, 02:08 PM
GreekChat Member

I would love it if someone 'in the know' about this expansion would tell us what the Phi Mu/AXO housing plans are. I have heard wide and varied rumors and know that a house is part of the requirement to be on our campus. ( In fact, as evidenced by the successful colonization of AOPi, it is crucial to their success. ) But, I have not heard any factual account of what the plan is.
Old 09-10-2012, 05:50 PM
GreekChat Member

If total is 130 and it appears both chapters took pledge classes over that. How are those chapters going to catch up to the size of the others?
Old 09-10-2012, 07:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mevara View Post
If total is 130 and it appears both chapters took pledge classes over that. How are those chapters going to catch up to the size of the others?
When I first read this I thought it was a typo, but then I checked irishpipes' thread and you're right about total at 130! That cries out for raising total to allow the colonies to catch up!
Old 09-10-2012, 08:29 PM

I'm pretty sure total isn't still 130, although it WAS the year quota was 100+. Made me laugh.
Old 09-10-2012, 09:15 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm assuming they will be able to bid up to average chapter size. Is this not the case?
Old 09-10-2012, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauralaylin View Post
I'm assuming they will be able to bid up to average chapter size. Is this not the case?
I think that has to be voted on (i.e. it is not a given) but I can't imagine that Panhel would have voted against it.

The best plan is probably for the colonies to get their footing (and more of a housing plan in place) before they take in more members.
Old 09-10-2012, 10:05 PM
GreekChat Member

According to the local alumnae chapter's Facebook page, Alpha Chi Omega has 128 new members at the University of Arkansas. I know several of the women were working closely with the colonization team, so I trust that number (give or take a few).

I'm oh so happy to have many, many new sisters in my home state!

"Together, Let Us Seek the Heights"

I <3 My KΣ
Old 03-23-2013, 07:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Any updates on housing plans for these groups?

Together, let us seek the heights!