GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,291
3 members and 1,288 guests
John, PrettyBoy, Xidelt

Old 07-19-2012, 06:25 PM
GreekChat Member

...Number corrected.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 07-23-2012, 08:44 PM
GreekChat Member

I hope some organizations are looking at Alabama. Delta Gamma has done phenomenally well, and it seems with so much interest in Greek life, other organizations would also do very well. With 2000 women going through recruitment and only 17 GLOs, there are bound to be some disappointed young women.
Old 07-23-2012, 09:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Alabama now has just over 1,800 young women registered for recruitment. I don't expect a huge amount to be added - possibly 100 to 150.

After many years, this fall Sigma Delta Tau will again have a house, although not on sorority row. They'll be across campus on what's known as "New Fraternity Row." I'm sure they're very excited about having their own place again! And with three now-housed chapters moving into their own new homes in the next year, who knows - SDT may be back on sorority row very soon, and back participating in formal recruitment!

Old 07-23-2012, 09:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZTAme View Post
I hope some organizations are looking at Alabama. Delta Gamma has done phenomenally well, and it seems with so much interest in Greek life, other organizations would also do very well. With 2000 women going through recruitment and only 17 GLOs, there are bound to be some disappointed young women.
I feel like the situation at Texas is very similar. Although, I know that the UPC advisor will not allow any new GLOs until we "fix the problems we already have". Unfortunately, that is hurting the close to 1500 girls who are going through recruitment when there are only 14 houses and this year quota is expected to be about 65-70.
Old 07-23-2012, 09:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Why are "there bound to be some disappointed young women?" If they go in knowing that they meet the requirements (grades, activities, recs, etc) and they have an OPEN mind, they should be placed no matter if there are 5 groups or 15.
Old 07-23-2012, 10:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titchou View Post
Why are "there bound to be some disappointed young women?" If they go in knowing that they meet the requirements (grades, activities, recs, etc) and they have an OPEN mind, they should be placed no matter if there are 5 groups or 15.
This with whipped cream, sprinkles and a cherry.
Old 07-23-2012, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titchou View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryPoppins View Post

This with whipped cream, sprinkles and a cherry.
It could be appearance or, more likely, personality but some women are just not gonna fit into a chapter, any chapter. Hopefully those are dropped early on in the process.
Old 07-24-2012, 12:36 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalGirl View Post
It could be appearance or, more likely, personality but some women are just not gonna fit into a chapter, any chapter. Hopefully those are dropped early on in the process.
Very few. At most schools.

AOII

One Motto, One Badge, One Bond and Singleness of Heart!

Old 08-03-2012, 02:51 AM
GreekChat Member

So far 844 are registered at Texas. This is MUCH less than expected!
Old 08-03-2012, 04:56 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AOII Angel View Post
Very few. At most schools.
Yeah but everyone knows that Pi Delta Pi only takes the prettiest and most popular girls!

Unfortunately we have to deal with all those annoying panty raids
Old 08-03-2012, 08:37 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNM128 View Post
Does anyone know about how many girls are registered as of now for UGA recruitment? Around the same as last year?
The information I have puts it at close to 1400. My information may be outdated, though.
Old 08-03-2012, 10:12 AM
GreekChat Member

1200 +/- registered at University of Arizona. It will be interesting to see how that Friday "day off" influences the numbers/returns for Preference.
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision." Bertrand Russell, The Triumph of Stupidity
Old 08-03-2012, 11:27 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarlingTexan View Post
I feel like the situation at Texas is very similar. Although, I know that the UPC advisor will not allow any new GLOs until we "fix the problems we already have". Unfortunately, that is hurting the close to 1500 girls who are going through recruitment when there are only 14 houses and this year quota is expected to be about 65-70.
The number of PNMs has nothing to do with the placement rate. Quota is based on the number of PNMs (usually left at Preference.) As long as a PNM doesn't drop out because she was miffed about the chapters that dropped her or is not completely cut before Preference Round, she will receive a bid.

From what I understand from alumnae I know who are very involved at UT, the university's stance on expansion may be softening. They are not there yet, but not as adamant as they once were. I get the impression that a lot of that was based on large increases in the recruitment numbers there and from everything I am hearing at the alumnae level, this year the projected numbers are not synching up with reality at this point in time.
Old 08-03-2012, 12:00 PM
GreekChat Member

1924 at Alabama and going up every day. Doesn't close until the 10th.
Old 08-03-2012, 07:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzTheta View Post
1200 +/- registered at University of Arizona. It will be interesting to see how that Friday "day off" influences the numbers/returns for Preference.
I think they have found at other schools that putting a break in the middle keeps more girls in the process. Hopefully that will be true of Arizona as well. A little rest and time for reflection is a good thing. I would have thought it would work the other way, but schools seem to be going that way and not going back after trying it, so that seems indicative of something.

I'm sure you'll let us know how it goes. Let the number crunching begin!