GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,456
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, zatylerahvso465
» Online Users: 2,179
2 members and 2,177 guests
fmanning

Old 06-11-2004, 04:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Mizzou Greek Life

Hi! I will be a sophomore in the fall. i went through formal recruitment as a freshman and got my top choice, and i've had a great time and love my sisters, BUT i am probably going to transfer b/c my dept here is driving me crazy and i want to be closer to my boyfriend (lol-i'm sure that sounds pathetic). so i'm looking at mu, or mizzou, in columbia, missouri. Could anyone tell me about Greek Life there esp. their Chi O chapter???? Just shoot me a PM if you want. i'll prob transfer 2nd semester soph year or fall 2005.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 06-11-2004, 05:01 PM
Super Moderator

I know nothing about Mizzou, but as far as transferring, I know a Chi Omega (my younger brother's gf, soon to be fiancée that transferred from Furman to Oklahoma University. Loves her new home. I'm sure it wouldn't be much different. Mizzou is a pretty massive Greek System though, as are most Big XII schools.
Mu Tau 5, Central Oklahoma
Old 06-11-2004, 05:15 PM
GreekChat Member

I don't know anything about your Chi Omega chapter at Mizzou, but I do know that the Greek System is fabulous. I would suggest that you go to your national website and find the e-mail address of the chapter adviser for the Chi Omega chapter at Mizzou. She will likely be more than happy to put you in contact with the chapter president or talk you herself about the chapter. Might as well get the 4-1-1 directly from the people who know the chapter best and then go check it out in person next Fall.

Good luck!
Old 06-11-2004, 07:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to SiKeS
Hey Kate,

Glad to hear you're thinking about Mizzou. I've lived here in Columbia all of my life and will be attending Mizzou in the Fall (moving in AKL in August).

With as little as I know about the greek system through living here, and rushing for probably 5 months, I know that words simply cannot describe the influence of greeks here. There really isn't much of anything going on here that doesn't involve greeks. You'd love it.

I know a few Chi Os here who will be sophomores this Fall (I know them from High School). If you'd like I could ask them some questions for you or help you get in contact with the Mizzou Chi Os.

Reply on here or message me and let me know whats up..

I'd love to see ya here @ Mizzou!

-Matt
Old 06-12-2004, 11:12 AM
GreekChat Member

Hey guys! Thanks for the replies!! I think I'm going to go to mizzou and check it out in the fall, so maybe i can meet their chi os I haven't contacted anyone there yet b/c i'm not sure if that's where i'll be transferring or not, i'm looking at one other school....it does sound like mizzou has a massive greek system though! wow! about how big is the chi o chapter? hey sikes i will message you when i get a chance (i have to get ready quickly so i can head to the mall....i love weekends!)
Old 06-12-2004, 11:38 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to SiKeS
Quote:
Originally posted by ChiOKateO
about how big is the chi o chapter?
Its a nice size compared to the other sororities.. Good #s.

According to greek week stats, they had around 185 girls as of Spring 2004.

I'd check out http://www.chiomegamizzou.com/

Anyway, if you've got AIM, my s/n is BLaZiNKeWP

I'll also try and check these messageboards if you've got any questions

-Matt