GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,426
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Abisha55
» Online Users: 2,306
0 members and 2,306 guests
No Members online

Old 03-25-2009, 03:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velocity_14 View Post
May 20th??? So UCLA operates by quarters?
Yes, but their calendar indicates that the last day of finals for the spring quarter is June 12. Maybe she meant that the last day of final exams for the winter quarter is March 20?

(I have too much time on my hands.)
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 03-25-2009, 03:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticCat View Post
Yes, but their calendar indicates that the last day of finals for the spring quarter is June 12. Maybe she meant that the last day of final exams for the winter quarter is March 20?

Maybe these details are malarkey.
Old 03-25-2009, 03:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticCat View Post

LOL...I looked it up too and thought maybe she meant March...I guess I have too much time too.
Old 03-25-2009, 03:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchkin03 View Post
Maybe these details are malarkey.
My final class days is May 20 I am taking individual study classes for my African studies, I finish early so I have a week to prepare for my thesis before classes end.

Wow you are a very pessimistic person, all I wanted was some help on this question and all you do is attack me.

After hearing what every said and I put some thought into it I made my decision...thanks everyone
Old 03-25-2009, 03:26 PM
Unregistered-

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkPen View Post
co-sign
Why is it that haven't introduced yourself in the AKA forum yet?

Why is it that you keep dodging and ignoring posts asking why you haven't introduced yourself in the AKA forum?
Old 03-25-2009, 03:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTW View Post
Why is it that haven't introduced yourself in the AKA forum yet?

Why is it that you keep dodging and ignoring posts asking why you haven't introduced yourself in the AKA forum?
I was thinking the same thing!

Plus, why does she post stupid things like "Okay...." or "co-sign" without further explanation? Why is she wasting space?
Old 03-25-2009, 03:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to nikki1920 Send a message via Yahoo to nikki1920
no, to answer the question.
Old 03-25-2009, 05:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MexicanMami0286 View Post
The excitement you have for your graduate school and future studies, should be the same excitement you have to serve your community through an NPHC sorority. If you're not sure you can handle the load of work these organizations entail (beyond the MIP process) perhaps you should think about it a few years more...

Focus on your studies.
Ummm. Did you mean to quote me without looking at my profile??? I did not come through my Sorority through an MIP, I pledged...

Secondly, I posted it to see what she would say...

Lastly, I have quite a few degrees and am over a certain age, making me very ole skool. So, I am unsure about your meaning of your post?

"Yo soy una mujer negra" ~Zoe Saldana
Old 03-25-2009, 05:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strive View Post
Sisterfriend,

Accept the invitation only if the sorority is your choice. Trust me, they already know this is your last semester in college. They probably know your goals. When sororities send out invitation, they normally do some research. Sororities and Fraternities do not send out blind invitations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkPen View Post
co-sign
Not to be mean, but, I will be meeting with some Los Angeles sorors this weekend... This will stop their process with the screen shots I am taking because it is making public of a membership process that is suppose to be private...

UCLAplaya:

If the UCLA chapter asked you into them membership of an NPHC sorority and you have the required letters and documents, you also signed an affidavit saying that you would keep this information private and discreet, within yourself, the chapter and loved ones.

You just broadcasted on the internet that you have commenced someone's membership intake process, and that you have been extended an invitation a membership. Meaning you have violated the trust and sanctity of this private matter jeopardizing your membership...

You are walking on very thin ice... I have reported before, I will do it again...

Cease and desist...

Last edited by AKA_Monet; 03-25-2009 at 07:07 PM.
Old 03-25-2009, 06:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKA_Monet View Post
Ummm. Did you mean to quote me without looking at my profile??? I did not come through my Sorority through an MIP, I pledged...

Secondly, I posted it to see what she would say...

Lastly, I have quite a few degrees and am over a certain age, making me very ole skool. So, I am unsure about your meaning of your post?
LOL! Wow! You definitely misunderstood what I was saying. You asked the OP, "what makes you excited?" I quoted this question specifically for her, not you!

Obviously, she should express the same excitement in wanting to join an NPHC sorority - or any organization for that matter, that she expresses for her future studies, as they are both important, life-altering ventures. The OP also specifically mentioned MIP. I was going off of her previous post...

Of course, I wouldn't tell you to focus on your studies. That again, was for the OP. She was talking about her graduate program and I was simply responding that joining an organization doesn't seem to be her priority...
Old 03-25-2009, 06:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MexicanMami0286 View Post
LOL! Wow! You definitely misunderstood what I was saying. You asked the OP, "what makes you excited?" I quoted this question specifically for her, not you!

Obviously, she should express the same excitement in wanting to join an NPHC sorority - or any organization for that matter, that she expresses for her future studies, as they are both important, life-altering ventures. The OP also specifically mentioned MIP. I was going off of her previous post...

Of course, I wouldn't tell you to focus on your studies. That again, was for the OP. She was talking about her graduate program and I was simply responding that joining an organization doesn't seem to be her priority...
Please try to quote her post in order for her to read it...

Last edited by AKA_Monet; 03-25-2009 at 07:00 PM.
Old 03-25-2009, 07:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Welp, I know it's not my Sorority!!! Just got that from a Former 2nd VP of the International Executive Board!!!

Still took screen shots though!

Let's just say now the LA contingent knows... She's lucky she didn't post on PP...

Last edited by AKA_Monet; 03-25-2009 at 07:11 PM.
Old 03-25-2009, 11:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Welp, I know it's not my Sorority!!! Just got that from a Former 2nd VP of the International Executive Board!!!

Let's just say now the LA contingent knows... She's lucky she didn't post on PP...
Good.....I hope some LA members of the other NPHC sororities see this thread....

Old 03-25-2009, 11:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:

So I guess that means you're not in the "good one?" Sorry for the lane swerve, but I couldn't resist!
Old 03-26-2009, 01:23 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyLonghorn View Post
So I guess that means you're not in the "good one?" Sorry for the lane swerve, but I couldn't resist!
LOL... Guess so... For this poster, WE SUCK!!!