GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Events Is your organization hosting an Event or do you know about an upcoming Event and would like to get the word out? Post all Event related information here.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,427
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, FlorCundif
» Online Users: 2,473
0 members and 2,473 guests
No Members online

Old 02-01-2011, 08:51 PM
GreekChat Member

AXO PACE Chair needs promotion ideas!

Hii. I'm new here and I don't know if this would go under "events" or "recruitment" since it's about holding events to promote our chapter during the year so when recruitment starts PNM's would have hopefully heard great things about us.

So anyways... I'm meeting with VP Recruitment soon to collaborate on some ideas for this semester, and I have been trying to think of creative things... but, I'm stuck. I just have like car wash and something we did last year around finals called "Apple Pie with Alpha Chi" (sisters made desserts to give to people who need a bit of a sugar fix).

Any ideas?! Please and thank you!
Old 06-29-2012, 10:14 AM
GreekChat Member

I'm a little late on this reply, but here are some ideas I have seen chapters do in the past:
1. Carnation pass- a few sisters will carry carnations to class or when walking around campus and pass them on to the next sister. It was really fun to randomly see a sister when walking to class and get a carnation
2. Pride day- have every member wear their favorite shirt with AXO letters to class on the same day. Or, ask them all to wear a specific shirt ie last years recruitment shirt. It shows unity and allows the campus to see the chapter as the amazing women I am very sure you are!
3. Badge attire- similiar to the pride day, wear badge attire and obviously your badge, the day after ritual/formal meeting.
4. Try and co-sponsor some major events on campus (appropriate events such as a lecture series, not a party). This will get your name out there as a chapter who is involved, who cares, and is diverse in its interests. Plus, you will be able to attach your name to the posters or flyers that will promote the event. This list of co-sponsored events will also be a great recruiting tool when trying to recruit active, diverse women.

I hope these ideas help!