GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,428
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, baangelasteaxdy
» Online Users: 2,451
2 members and 2,449 guests
navane, PGD-GRAD

Old 07-20-2006, 01:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Wow...dredging up 4 year old threads about recs. It must be the rec fever that seems to be going on around here.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 07-21-2006, 11:22 AM
Super Moderator

collegiate members of zta may write a rec., BUT they must have an alumna sign with them.
Old 07-21-2006, 11:28 AM
GreekChat Member

collegiate members of ADPi may submit a recommendation on behalf of a PNM, provided they do not attend the same school.
Old 07-22-2006, 08:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ADPi Conniebama
YEARS AGO - a great friend of mine went through rush at BAMA - she did the right thing and got recs from everyone she knew - from every sorority that she knew - well she of course missed a couple - (background - she was the validictorian - cheerleader - girls all state - she had "all of the bells and whistles" a rushee needed) . . .

Anyway she knew a sister at the house (she had worked with her throughout the summer) where she "forgot" to get a rec . . and this was her future greek home . . . well about the 2nd day of rush her mother gets a call from an unknown alumnae from this organization to confirm her "references." Apparently this sorority wanted my friend to be a member but had to "supply" a rec for her to be eligable to receive a bid. So, . . .

Yes you can get a bid from a good sorority at an SEC school even without a rec . . . but you would have to be above average for a recruit . . I mean if you graduated from HS with a 2.8 and you have no extracurriculars (sp?) and no greek relatives, then GET RECS by all means GET RECS other wise you will slip through the cracks. But if you are the future QUEEN of all rushees then I am sure the sorority will do whatever it takes to get you a bid. (BY the way she went AXO)
Old 07-22-2006, 08:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Delta Gamma Sponsor Form

Delta Gamma collegians and alumnae can both write sponsor forms. The form, recruitment dates and collegiate recruitment contacts for each Delta Gamma chapter can be found on the DG website. If you can't find what you need, you can contact Delta Gamma Executive Offices in Columbus, OH.
Old 07-22-2006, 08:46 PM
GreekChat Member

A former hs teammate of my D (the young lady graduated a couple of years ago) is writing her a KD rec since they are at different schools so obviously that GLO will allow it.
Old 07-29-2006, 09:19 AM
GreekChat Member

Alpha Chi Omega collegians can write letters of introduction, while alumnae may write letters of recommendation.