GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Entertainment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Entertainment TV, movies, music, books, sports, radio...

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,471
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, veasfrances2534
» Online Users: 2,204
1 members and 2,203 guests
AlwaysSAI

Old 06-04-2001, 02:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: Look over your shoulder, I could be right behind ya!
Post Crossing Over...

Does anyone here watch "Crossing Over w/ John Edward" on Sci-Fi? I am just fascinated by this show and watch it every night at 11pm! Does anyone else think he is real? I cannot make up my mind yet...I would love to hear anyone's opinion on paranormal gifts phenomena like this!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 06-06-2001, 09:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Cool

I watch it although I don't think he's real

Old 06-07-2001, 03:26 AM

Talking

Hey,

My professor from last fall, Dr. Schwartz did a study on him and some other psychics, readers, whatever...Anyway, when listening to him lecture about the high probability of them being for real, it's quite convincing. He says that there are Michael Jordan's of the psychic world and that John Edwards is one of them. And...just as Michael Jordan can't make EVERY shot, neither can a reader ALWAYS be right.

Just something to ponder.
Old 06-10-2001, 05:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to tickledpink
I've watched it, but I don't understand his method. The few times I watched it, he pinpointed the person that the "spirit" was talking about, but he didn't seem to have a specific message for them.
Old 06-10-2001, 06:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Serenity
Thumbs down

I read in Time magazine a few months back that members of the audience filled out questionaires beforehand. There was some question about whether he actually reviewed them, but it was implied that he had. That article left a bad taste in my mouth. I think he's a fake. It's still a big hit with some people. I'd rather watch "Firstwave" and "Farscape". Now those are GOOD shows!

[This message has been edited by Serenity (edited June 10, 2001).]
Old 06-10-2001, 06:25 PM
GreekChat Member

I have seen the show a few times, I always thought it's kinda creepy, how he talk s to people. I don't know if it's real, but he's kinda pushy.
Does anyone know where he's real or not?
DGPhoney~
Old 01-30-2002, 09:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to dzsaigirl
I am going to see John Edward in a week and a half! I am so excited. I can't wait to see what he does in person. I think he is probably real, but I am saving my final opinion until the day I go to the seminar.

Shopgirl, is your professor the one that did the study with various psychics that John talks about in his book? He said he did some study where they had various psychics come in and they hooked them up with brain wave electrodes and heart monitors to see if there was a connection between them and the subject and they also compared answers from the psychics to the random guesses of non-psychics and found that there was a huge margin that the psychics were more accurate. Anyway, I am pretty sure that was your professor!
Old 01-31-2002, 01:38 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by dzsaigirl
I am going to see John Edward in a week and a half! I am so excited. I can't wait to see what he does in person. I think he is probably real, but I am saving my final opinion until the day I go to the seminar.

Shopgirl, is your professor the one that did the study with various psychics that John talks about in his book? He said he did some study where they had various psychics come in and they hooked them up with brain wave electrodes and heart monitors to see if there was a connection between them and the subject and they also compared answers from the psychics to the random guesses of non-psychics and found that there was a huge margin that the psychics were more accurate. Anyway, I am pretty sure that was your professor!
Hi dzsaigirl!

I do believe that is him, but I'm not 100% sure. I would love to hear about your experience...keep in touch!
Old 01-31-2002, 02:56 AM
GreekChat Member

Everytime I watch, I am just hooked.. but I'm not sure if I believe it 100%.. but I know that I can't say he's not real... I believe in a lot of stuff that most people would say is just silly, but it seems to work fine for me... There are just some things you can't explain I think...
Old 01-31-2002, 08:29 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to The1calledTKE Send a message via Yahoo to The1calledTKE
Its fake. He is just good at gaging peoples reactions and making educated guesses.
Old 01-31-2002, 08:51 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to LeslieAGD
I watch that show all the time! I dunno, the skeptic in me says it has to be fake, but the mystic in me wants to believe it because sometimes he just comes out with the craziest things...like how could he know that! I happened to catch Rosie O'Donnell talking about him the other day and she mentioned a website that teaches you how to do it but I don't remember the website.
Old 01-31-2002, 09:05 AM
GreekChat Member

"You know someone that passed?....A woman? Man? Ok, woman. Did her name begin with an L? C? J? M? Okay, your mother..."

The man is just a big 'ole Miss Cleo. Don't belive him one bit