GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,428
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, baangelasteaxdy
» Online Users: 2,199
3 members and 2,196 guests
John, Xidelt

Old 09-02-2011, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
The best thing about this story is I feel like I have read all the Harry Potter books without having to actually do it. Whooooo hoooo!
You're not the only one. I'm definitely enjoying this story!
Old 09-02-2011, 05:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
The best thing about this story is I feel like I have read all the Harry Potter books without having to actually do it. Whooooo hoooo!
Great! Just know that Bellatrix Lestrange is actually a very evil witch.
Old 09-03-2011, 05:16 PM
GreekChat Member

So... where do we stand right now?? Any idea when COB will result in a yes or no? We are all on pins & needles for you!
Old 09-03-2011, 05:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Yeah...I never do this...but I really would love an update (whenever that is possible!) Hope you are having too much fun to have time to respond
Old 09-03-2011, 08:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by melindawarren View Post
Great! Just know that Bellatrix Lestrange is actually a very evil witch.
I've seen other people refer to a PNM as evil, but never the PNM herself. Refreshingly honest!
Old 09-03-2011, 11:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OPhiAGinger View Post
I've seen other people refer to a PNM as evil, but never the PNM herself. Refreshingly honest!
Well, I've always been of the mentality that, evil and crazy as Bellatrix Lestrange may be, she is by far the coolest character in the Harry Potter series (not to mention Helena Bonham Carter, who is by far the coolest actress in the Harry Potter series!).

As for updates: at this point, I don't have much to add, except that some of the Daughters invited me on a trip to Hogsmeade with them, and I'm super-excited! I know, usually, Hogsmeade trips used to be reserved for the third year and above, but since the fall of You-Know-Who, McGonagall has been a little more lenient with that policy. I can't wait to go to Honeyduke's!

Also: spoke to Ginny (who is in love with Slytherin!) and learned that Parvati had to de-pledge. Her parents sent her a howler and told her that they didn't want her to be sorted-period. I owe her an owl (and I'll make sure to give her some chocolate frog cards, too. I have three Nicholas Flamel cards and she was just complaining that the lack of a Flamel card was the big flaw in her collection).

Things are also a little hectic around here because everyone is gearing up for a muggle holiday this Monday, but we won the first Quidditch match of the season, so I'm in a good mood!

Thanks again to everyone-just for having enough interest to read. I love writing about my experience.
Old 09-03-2011, 11:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Oh, best of luck to you! You are a fabulous writer and have demonstrated an amazing and mature attitude through this! Any group that extends you a bid should count themselves lucky!
Old 09-04-2011, 01:17 AM
GreekChat Member

Your comment about Parvati demonstrates one reason among many why chapters who had to make big cuts suddenly end up with spaces to fill. I don't know if her chapter is at/above total, but if they aren't they will be looking for someone to fill that space either now or possibly in the spring. And I'm really sorry that had to happen to her.
Old 09-04-2011, 02:10 AM
GreekChat Member

I can't say it's never happened, but I've never seen a recruitment story have over 9,000 views! Especially on that's currently in progess...maybe the ones that are bumped year after year but that's different.

Everyone's rooting for you!

Θ Φ Α

Old 09-04-2011, 02:43 AM
GreekChat Member

There is no question that MelindaWarren is a gifted writer. For that talent alone she would devoted followers. But I think that, despite the Harry Potter theme, the OP comes across as someone you want to know, and someone you root on to success.

(and I am so sorry for your friend who was forced to depledge by parental units.)

Good luck. Have fun on your trip! And to a good Muggle holiday to all!
Old 09-04-2011, 11:07 AM
GreekChat Member

It makes me feel so great to come on here and realize how many people are cheering me on. You can't possibly know this, but I spent most of my summer reading threads on here to pick up advice.

Thank you so much for sticking with me!

As a small thank you, I decided to go through and pick out some of my favorite funny fanfics to share (I could have picked the sappy ones with Lucius and Narcissa, but I figured funny was more appropriate), and I came up with these two:

1. The Annual Deatheater Beach Trip
2. Riddle-De-Dee: The Lord Voldemort Musical (this one's especially good if you like singing along!)

I didn't write these, but they always give me a laugh (yes, one of those creepy Bellatrix laughs!).

Anyway, I hope you all enjoy the muggle holiday this weekend and Lilith will help me report if anything happens!
Old 09-04-2011, 11:19 AM
Super Moderator

I really, really love those fanfics!
Old 09-04-2011, 04:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by melindawarren View Post
Also: spoke to Ginny (who is in love with Slytherin!) and learned that Parvati had to de-pledge. Her parents sent her a howler and told her that they didn't want her to be sorted-period.
Bless your heart (and I really do mean it nicely! You are much kinder toward Parvati that I would be in your situation. I can only imagine that you had a fleeting thought that had Parvati come to an understanding with her parents PRIOR to rush, that her spot in the pledge class could have been filled by another girl... maybe even you. I think you are a great example of a real friend
Old 09-04-2011, 07:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetalady View Post
Bless your heart (and I really do mean it nicely! You are much kinder toward Parvati that I would be in your situation. I can only imagine that you had a fleeting thought that had Parvati come to an understanding with her parents PRIOR to rush, that her spot in the pledge class could have been filled by another girl... maybe even you. I think you are a great example of a real friend
Thank you. My mom said something much like this, actually, but I just can't help but feel happy that Parvati found her place...and sad that it was taken away from her. It'd be like (muggle reference here) being a concert cellist and having a friend who's a concert violinist. You'd cheer for her if she landed that big symphony, because it's not really your thing, anyway. Sure, we're both girls, and we go to Hogwarts, but otherwise, Parvati and I are very different people. We weren't competition to each other; instead, we supported each other through the whole process. As soon as she got her bid, she owled me and said, "wish you were standing here, too!"
Old 09-04-2011, 09:20 PM
GreekChat Member

melindawarren, you have a wonderful writing style and a kind and generous spirit. I truly, truly hope for all good things to happen for you. Would that the Daughters realize what a great addition you would be to their organization!