GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,130
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zmaisongoogleto
» Online Users: 1,310
1 members and 1,309 guests
g41965

Old 08-05-2010, 09:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Smile "New Directions" SEC Glee Recruitment '10

My daughter will be going through recruitment soon and she wants me to post her story. She assigned the members of New Directions to represent the different chapters. **The number of chapters has been changed to protect her privacy** They are as follows:

Artie
Mike
Kurt
Brittany
Rachel
Mr Schuester
Finn
Puck
Mercedes
Quinn
Santana
Tina

We worked very hard get all the necessary letters of recommendation. She asked all her high school and middle school teachers. I asked everyone I knew. Between the two of us we asked about 100 people. Everyone was in 3 different chapters, Kurt,Puck or Mercedes. Ladies in chapters not at daughter's SEC school put us in touch with other chapter's alums and we were able to get the final three, Tina, Brittany and Mike from our local panhellenic. She has her outfits all picked out. She is excited for Rush to begin. I will post updates when I have them.
Old 08-06-2010, 09:28 AM
GreekChat Member

aww yay! I'm so glad you're doing a Glee theme! why didn't I think of that?? best of luck to your daughter! (and you too, I know my mom is becoming a nervous wreck )
Old 08-06-2010, 09:46 AM
GreekChat Member

Good Luck to her! Can't wait to hear updates!
Old 08-10-2010, 12:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Good Luck!!!!
Old 08-14-2010, 06:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Daughter, whom I will call "Dora" has been safely deposited at her SEC-U. Her Pi Chi meeting is tomorrow. She knows several girls from her high school who are rushing as well as her roomie. Her roomie says she will not pledge, because she can't afford the fees. When I arrived home today, I had received a letter from the ADPi chapter at her SEC-U. It was very thorough and explained all the possible scenarios of her pledging or being released. I am not sure why everyone gets upset when their daughter is cut. The information was very self-explanatory. I will post updates when I get them.
Old 08-14-2010, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atrianglepi View Post
When I arrived home today, I had received a letter from the ADPi chapter at her SEC-U. It was very thorough and explained all the possible scenarios of her pledging or being released. I am not sure why everyone gets upset when their daughter is cut. The information was very self-explanatory.
Interesting. I wonder if other chapters do that as well!
Old 08-14-2010, 06:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Yeah for a Glee recruitment!!!!!!

My two faves in one thread!

Hmm. Who to go for.....

Gonna have to go with Brittany. Her lines "Dolphins are just gay sharks" and "I think my cat is reading my diary" just take the cake!

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." Eleanor Roosevelt
Old 08-15-2010, 09:09 AM
GreekChat Member

^^ I agree! I love Brittany, and if I were terribly clever (which I am definitely NOT) I would write a hilariously creative recruitment thread where Brittany is a rushee. Just imagine the funny things she would say during rush!!
Old 08-15-2010, 10:33 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gee_ess View Post
^^ I agree! I love Brittany, and if I were terribly clever (which I am definitely NOT) I would write a hilariously creative recruitment thread where Brittany is a rushee. Just imagine the funny things she would say during rush!!
That would be awesome!

She'd probably be like "my cat told me to wear this dress".

Old 08-15-2010, 11:12 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by atrianglepi View Post
**The number of chapters has been changed to protect her privacy**
Ok sorry this maybe a blonde question but how do you cnange the number of chapters? am I missing something?
Old 08-15-2010, 11:38 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADPiTigergurl View Post
Ok sorry this maybe a blonde question but how do you cnange the number of chapters? am I missing something?
I think she is adding chapters that don't really exist so we can't go "Oh, an SEC school with X number of chapters; it must be such-and-such school."
Old 08-15-2010, 12:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgdramadawg View Post
I think she is adding chapters that don't really exist so we can't go "Oh, an SEC school with X number of chapters; it must be such-and-such school."
Doesn't that just seem to take the authenticity out of the recruitment thread? or is it just me.

Old 08-15-2010, 12:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgdramadawg View Post
I like this idea...it seems everyone wants to jump on the bandwagon of I KNOW YOUR SCHOOL...and it's kinda nice to avoid all that. Maybe in the end she will tell us which ones were add-ons? Maybe she took some away? Who knows. But the majority of the story will be true, and that's enough for me!
Old 08-15-2010, 12:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by *winter* View Post
I like this idea...it seems everyone wants to jump on the bandwagon of I KNOW YOUR SCHOOL...and it's kinda nice to avoid all that. Maybe in the end she will tell us which ones were add-ons? Maybe she took some away? Who knows. But the majority of the story will be true, and that's enough for me!
I agree. She can be more honest about other elements without the risk of outing her daughter. If her daughter ends up pledging a chapter that wasn't her all out favorite, she doesn't have to worry about telling us which one it is, because we won't know what chapter it is. Also, she told us she's doing it. It's completely different than a perp who makes up a fake school with a random number of chapters.

AOII

One Motto, One Badge, One Bond and Singleness of Heart!

Old 08-15-2010, 12:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASUADPi View Post
Doesn't that just seem to take the authenticity out of the recruitment thread? or is it just me.
No, it's real. If it were fake, the sleuths would call her out on it. Or it is at least about a real school.
Quote:
Originally Posted by *winter* View Post
Maybe fewer people will get it, but when it's your school, or one that you're familiar with, you know.