GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,428
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, baangelasteaxdy
» Online Users: 2,474
0 members and 2,474 guests
No Members online

Old 04-15-2009, 11:12 PM
GreekChat Member

To my neighbor:

GUESS WHAT???
NOBODY IS INTERESTED IN STEALING OR BREAKING INTO YOUR LAME ASS CHEROKEE. PLEASE REMOVE THE ANNOYING HYPER-SENSITIVE ALARM SYSTEM AS IT SERVES NO PURPOSE WHATSOVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'M TRYING TO STUDY!!!!!

And to the Vet tech at work tomorrow:

Are you sneezing, achey, coughing, or just feeling lousey?

WELL, THE BEST REMEDY FOR IT, IS TO STAY HOME!!!!! AND IT'S THE BEST REMEDY FOR US HEALTHY PEOPLE TOO!!!

Your neighbor and co-worker
cheerfulgreek

Trump For Prison 2024-2084 MAGA!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 04-15-2009, 11:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VandalSquirrel View Post
Okay people in my class, why do you show up?

Girl on facebook and email.
This is me. In fact, this is everybody. The teachers know what to expect when they have mandatory attendance policies. I still learn, I still get As, and that's all they care about.

"My dreams have become letters." ~christiangirl
Old 04-15-2009, 11:22 PM
GreekChat Member

That is NOT everybody. I have never, and will never facebook/email/myspace/ebay/etc. in class. I think it is incrdibly rude and distracting to both the professor and to those who are there to pay attention. I have listened to my research advisors rant about this more times than I can count, so no, you getting an A is not all they care about.

Yes, I am probably being a bitch, but expect it until April 24th.
Old 04-15-2009, 11:40 PM
GreekChat Member

You rang?

I'm totally pissed off right now, but your call just made my day.
Old 04-15-2009, 11:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RU OX Alum View Post
AAHHH!!!!! They need to overturn the ban on cfcs. This stuff burns. So do my lungs.
Let me guess- the ban on CFCs in asthma inhalers? Ugh, that makes me so angry. Though the new meds work just as well on me as the old ones, I know they don't for lots of people. Ugh.

I'm stinking tired of being tired.

"Together, Let Us Seek the Heights"

I <3 My KΣ
Old 04-16-2009, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Okay people in my class, why do you show up?
Girl on facebook and email.
One of my coworkers recently gave a demo of something, using her laptop. One of her open Firefox tabs was her Facebook page. AND she accidentally displayed that tab during her presentation... thus showing all of us that she spent at least some portion of her work time on Facebook.

Um, you're at work to, um... work. The company is not paying you to hang out on Facebook.
Old 04-16-2009, 12:18 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kappamd View Post
That is NOT everybody. I have never, and will never facebook/email/myspace/ebay/etc. in class. I think it is incrdibly rude and distracting to both the professor and to those who are there to pay attention. I have listened to my research advisors rant about this more times than I can count, so no, you getting an A is not all they care about.

Yes, I am probably being a bitch, but expect it until April 24th.
1. I meant everybody in my class, not everybody on the planet. And this does not happen in classes with proficient teachers because they are 1) Can hold everyone's attention because they actually know what they're talking about and 2) Smart enough to put an electronics ban on their classrooms. The professors who are completely inept at their jobs don't pay attention during their own lectures let alone complain about us doing so.

HOLY CRAP, I HATE THIS SCHOOL!!!

"My dreams have become letters." ~christiangirl

Last edited by christiangirl; 04-16-2009 at 12:24 AM.
Old 04-16-2009, 12:20 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by christiangirl View Post
This is me. In fact, this is everybody. The teachers know what to expect when they have mandatory attendance policies. I still learn, I still get As, and that's all they care about.
I get more out of, and enjoy more, classes that have a laptop ban and a humiliation/ejection policy for cellphones. My professors don't care if I get an A or an F, that's on me to do my part, show up, participate, and do my work. My class with a mandatory attendance policy bans all electronics. If you have a disability, notes are provided by the professor because it is a huge distraction and time waster, and I won't even get into cheating and other academic dishonesty issues. I've had courses where we have to leave our stuff at the front of the room, sit every other seat, there are four forms of the exam, and we bring blue books or scantrons that are then redistributed at random to other students. We also don't get exams back but can discuss it at office hours. If the buildings had been designed better they'd find a way to turn off wireless internet in the rooms, but we're not that cool.

I was also seriously perplexed at the floor cleaning machine at 10:30 -11 am in the library. The place was packed, is it possible to have that loud ass machine run before or after operating hours? I'm glad I was just printing articles and not trying to study. It was also a machine that attempted to squeegee the floor and people were sliding all over.
Old 04-16-2009, 12:20 AM
GreekChat Member

It's 11:18, I have a paper on antifungals due tomorrow, and I haven't slept in my own bed in a week because my best friend has thrown the world's most major humongous bitch fest.... and I've been reduced to the point where my paper editing is accompanied by malted milk balls and N'Sync.

I think I've hit a low point......

LET'S GO BIG RED!
Let me teach you how to Bucky!
Old 04-16-2009, 12:21 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I was also seriously perplexed at the floor cleaning machine at 10:30 -11 am in the library. The place was packed, is it possible to have that loud ass machine run before or after operating hours? I'm glad I was just printing articles and not trying to study. It was also a machine that attempted to squeegee the floor and people were sliding all over.
I HATE that thing with a passion. The woman riding it always looks like she's having the time of her life and she does the entire silent room like 4 times, making sure to get every corner.....

LET'S GO BIG RED!
Let me teach you how to Bucky!
Old 04-16-2009, 12:30 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AOEforme View Post
It's 11:18, I have a paper on antifungals due tomorrow, and I haven't slept in my own bed in a week because my best friend has thrown the world's most major humongous bitch fest.... and I've been reduced to the point where my paper editing is accompanied by malted milk balls and N'Sync.

I think I've hit a low point......
No, a low point is when your crappy roommate gets wasted during finals week, brings people home, eats your food, breaks your crap, and you sleep on a couch in your office because you don't feel comfortable at home, and shower at the rec center. Yeah, I straightened my hair in the bathroom at the library, and the custodians felt sorry for me and got me coffee.

Whoppers and Boy Bands (well candy and cheesy pop) were the staples of my college editing and studying with the dorm roommate.
Old 04-16-2009, 01:07 AM

Quote:
I get more out of, and enjoy more, classes that have a laptop ban and a humiliation/ejection policy for cellphones.
When I was in college, I had a classmate who was blind. He carried a laptop for note-taking. He used it strictly for note-taking - he cracked it open, started Emacs (his laptop ran some flavor of Unix), and typed away. He had awesome grades (better than mine ), and I admire him for succeeding despite his disability.

But this was back before wireless even existed. If I were a professor, I would require that anyone with a laptop disable their NIC. You're there to learn - LEARN!
Old 04-16-2009, 06:45 AM
GreekChat Member

o.k. Marbles (my cat) you and I really need to get on the same sleep schedule. I actually had another two hours of sleep, but you decided you wanted to play with your toys all night. Taking them away from you at 2am didn't make a difference either, because you decided to use my hair as a substitute toy. I know you can sleep or be still all night because I've studied all night before and you either slept or remained in one spot. As soon as I'm able to actually get a little sleep, you stay up and do whatever you can to keep me up.

Oh, and it really hurts when you pull mommy's hair.
Old 04-16-2009, 08:06 AM
GreekChat Member

Location: somewhere in an area where we usually get all four seasons :)
Send a message via AIM to sceniczip
DEI8888

Quote:
Originally Posted by christiangirl View Post
I have a professor with mandatory attendance who puts all of her notes online and then all class just reads the notes to us. Why would I go besides to get my attendance points? And sometimes we have a quiz. It's a 2 and a half hour class. I take my laptop, sit next to a plug, and do a variety of other things. Sometimes I do homework or catch up on e-mail or facebook or greekchat or COTH or write. I'm sorry but if you're not going to keep students' interests and you don't teach anything you don't have online... you deserve what you get.

BTW I have no problems being distracted by students who do use their laptops when I'm trying to pay attention. I sat directly behind a guy in my logic class who would always look at the lol cats. Never bothered me one bit. I still got an A in the class with no difficulty.
Old 04-16-2009, 09:02 AM
GreekChat Member

Ok...I am so thankful that i got the pet insurance.

I pick up Buster yesterday and they show me her bill.

It was bad enough that they show a complete itemized bill BUT then also they compare what I would have paid vs how much I saved thru the insurance.

She had a basic exam a few weeks ago and then they did the dental stuff today and removed a few teeth, without the insurance the total bill would have $1014.77 ...WITH the insurance all I paid for was her meds at $75 bucks.

...I got the damned phone...it's the Devil.
Law and Order: Gotham - “In the Criminal Justice System of Gotham City the people are represented by three separate, yet equally important groups. The police who investigate crime, the District Attorneys who prosecute the offenders, and the Batman. These are their stories.”