GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,471
0 members and 1,471 guests
No Members online

Old 02-11-2002, 11:19 AM
GreekChat Member

Skit Themes

Do any of you even have skit night at your school? If so, what themes have you done? One year we did Disney and another was AGD TV.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 02-12-2002, 08:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Last fall we did the theme"Recruitment and had army stuff. WE used cool songs and changed the words.
This yr, unfortunately, we are doing Survivor.
Alpha Phi at my school did Total REquest A-Phi last fall. AOPi did SNl theme. I don't remember DZ or Sigma Kappa's theme.
Old 02-12-2002, 09:34 PM

Send a message via AIM to ADPiSweety
A few sororities for Fall Recruitment did the Total Request Live skit. My chapter did a skit of "the zoo" We had a little fake car on stage and chairs etc. Then the girls walked in and boarded the "bus" and we took a jungle tour of ADPi..Philanthropy, mascot, sisterhood etc. It was really cute. =)
Old 05-04-2002, 06:56 PM
GreekChat Member

We do...

We do Delta Request Live, obviously a spinoff of TRL. Wu usually do three different songs and change all the words to make them fit. We choreograph really awesome dances and have really good costumes. This year we did "Pour Some Sugar On Me", but changed it to "Put Some Deltas on Me", "OPP", changed to "DDD", and "Lights, Camera, Action", changed to "Tri-Delta Action".
Old 05-04-2002, 09:23 PM
GreekChat Member

I know lots of DDD's who do Delta Airlines spoof. I've also seen Delta Rock (Like Clevland Rocks, Drew Carey)

I've seen a ton of the following:
Grease
Annie
Central Perk (we call it Sigma Perk)
Camping Skits
Baseball Skits
Sailor type skits (out symbol is the sailboat and our theme is Ever Forward....the water type theme)
Old 05-05-2002, 12:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AGDPrincess70
We're kicking around an idea about doing a Crocodile Hunter-themed skit. Like, someone will just narrate saying something like "Crikey! I'm hunting Alpha Gams!! Let's see these crazy girls in their natural habitat" and then show, like, girls doing sisterhood stuff or something like that. Apparently, the girls have told me that I'm the one who's going to be the actual Crocodile Hunter because I'm the only one who's willing to make that big of a fool of myself. I guess they're even going to make me wear a big stuffed snake around my neck...

~Holly
Old 05-06-2002, 01:01 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to TigerGirl52
ADPiSweety--

I love that idea!!! I told my sisters about it tonight and they totally loved it. I can't wait to start practicing the skit and making all of the props!!!!

We do informal rush every semester and this semester I chose to do an "Around the World" theme. The first night was All-American Night and we did a mock elections coverage. The girls that participated in the skit were HILARIOUS!!!!! It came out very very very cute!!!

Allison
Old 05-06-2002, 08:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Because the overall Recrutiment theme is "Be All That You Can Be: Go Greek!", we're using an altered version of that as our skit theme - "Be All That You Can Be: Go KKG!" We're doing a boot-camp type parody of Recruitment, plus an expose thing on what it's REALLY like to be a Kappa. It should be pretty cute. I'm helping write it, and hopefully will act in it too.

For years we did an SNL skit, but it's old and time for it to change.