GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,426
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Abisha55
» Online Users: 2,492
1 members and 2,491 guests
ajehnztsa1361

Old 09-07-2003, 11:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Question COB question SFA Texas

My daughter, a freshman went through formal recruitment at SFA (Texas) but unfortunately did not match and was bidless. At first she was so upset, but, decided that everything happens for a reason, and decided to sign up for COB. She really liked the girls at ZTA, Chi Omega, and Alpha Chi Omega the best. After formal rush, she decided that she would not really fit in with the Alpha Chi Omegas, but was still interested in the ZTAs and Chi O's. I was a Chi O, but did not want to pressure her. She was pretty hurt when they cut her. She really loves the ZTAs, and last Thursday was asked to come to the house and work on the philanthropy project. She had a great time and really felt at home. One of the girls said that they had done COB last year and it took 4 days before she was given a bid, so told them it might be Wednesday before they knew anything. She really clicked with one girl and she even told my daughter she hoped to be her Big if everything worked out.
She has not heard anything from Chi Omega at all, but she really has her heart set on Zeta.

Here is the question...Should she have heard anything from the Zetas this weekend if they were considering giving her a bid? A friend of hers (same scenerio as hers) was invited to go with the Alpha Chi Omegas to a Sports Bar on Friday night and a picnic on Saturday, then just got a call tonight to meet at the Office of Student Activities tomorrow at 3 to sign her bid to Alpha Chi Omega.
Her other 2 good friends got bids on bid day, and with this friend getting the call, she is starting to panic. I have told her to be patient, but I just want to know if any of you have any words of wisdom........

footnote: she has a 3.5 GPA, was on dance team & a social officer, pres of sign lang. club - but is really shy at first
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 09-07-2003, 11:28 PM

Every group does COB differently - some have rules about how many events a woman must attend, some give bids right after parties, some do not give bids until they have several women they want to bid.

Also, some groups do not do things like this over the weekend (i.e. if the rush chair or many sisters are out of town). I would say she needs to hang in there just a little longer...
Old 09-08-2003, 01:37 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to cntryZTA5
I wouldn't worry too much yet. As 33girl said, it may be delayed because of the weekend. Also, depending on the chapter, they may have to wait until they meet each girl a certain number of times. I'm not sure how the ZTA's at SFA handle COB (or CROWN as ZTA's like to call it).

Be sure to let us know what happens. I hope your daughter will be able to become either a ZTA or a Chi O sister!
Old 09-08-2003, 10:43 AM
GreekChat Member

Thank you. I talked to her this morning and let her know that chances were that nothing was going on over the weekend. She is still anxious, just not paniced!
Old 09-08-2003, 09:19 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm really hoping it all works out for your daughter...I'll keep me fingers crossed. Keep us posted!
Old 09-09-2003, 06:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Good News!! She was invited back to the Zeta house tonight for ice cream sundaes!! She is really happy. She was also invited to dinner with the Alpha Chi Omegas and to something with Chi Omega too!
Old 09-09-2003, 06:26 PM
GreekChat Member

I just noticed this thread! I'm really excited for your daughter COB is perfect for "shy" girls like us!

LM

Be a Volunteer!
Old 09-09-2003, 09:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to cntryZTA5
Yeah! Good luck!
Old 09-09-2003, 10:37 PM
GreekChat Member

I just talked to her, she said she had a great time! She said they all sat around and talked and she said she feels at home. Many of the girls remembered her and she also met a few she had not met before. She had a chance to meet the president tonight too, said she is really nice.
Her friend (new pledge) told her that they have given 2 bids out so far.
I guess it is now just up to fate!! Keep your fingers crossed for her!!
Old 09-09-2003, 10:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to triskit03
I met her tonight, I think. I didn't really get a chance to talk to her though, I just got to say hi.
Old 09-09-2003, 11:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to zetaqueentilt
Cool SFA ZTA

HI. I am an active ZTA member at SFA. I just read about your daughter what you have written and I did have a chance to meet your daughter tonight at the ice cream party. Please tell your daughter not to worry that she has nothing to worry about. I'm so happy to hear she feels like home at our house. The reason it takes so long is because we are required to vote and we are trying to give everyone a chance to meet her. I hope she will quit worrying and end up happy at our house. Zeta love!
Old 09-10-2003, 05:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Please keep us posted about your daughter's COB process. It sounds like she has some great organizations that she will be visiting.
Old 09-10-2003, 11:35 PM
GreekChat Member

She is still waiting to hear and still hoping....
fingers crossed and send all good vibes her way!!

Ya know, this is really stressful for moms! LOL
Old 09-10-2003, 11:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Ohh I can't wait to find out where your daughter finds her home! Lots of good luck vibes send her way!
Old 09-16-2003, 12:29 AM
GreekChat Member

Has she heard anything?