GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,429
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Zae_TheCreator
» Online Users: 2,268
3 members and 2,265 guests
Cookiez17, Pinkmagnolia921

Old 07-30-2009, 01:04 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gee_ess View Post
Excellent point. The pnm will feel very special if the active from yesterday's round makes a quick stop to say "Hello, so glad to see you today!" This helps her feel connected to the house.

Also, another tip for conversation, especially when bumping...
When an active (1) and pnm have been talking, and another active(2) steps up to join them, coach the Active 1 on the art of transferring the converstation to Active 2. This way Active 2 doesn't have to start over from scratch and risk asking the PNM something she had been asked by Active 1.

For example:
Active 1 - "Hi, Active 2, PNM Patty and I were just talking about living in Jester Hall and the rickety elevator that always gets stuck! Didn't you live there when you were a freshman?"
Active 2 - "Oh my gosh, yes, are you living there this year? That elevator was always giving us fits last year. Does Mrs Jenkins still run the front desk?..."

The conversation has been successfully transferred to Active 2 and Active 1 can leave after a few seconds knowing that Active 2 and Pnm are talking with ease.
i printed both of these quotes out to use when i help with an upcoming recruitment workshop. they are succinct and i know that these tips will really help those first time recruiters.