GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,042
Threads: 115,496
Welcome to our newest member, prettyandpearls
» Online Users: 1,571
1 members and 1,570 guests
No Members online

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-07-2007, 04:08 PM
GreekChat Member

I'd like to get back to the original topic, at least in regards to highly competitive Recruitments. Yes PNM's get their hearts broken and no it's not always fair. But let's face it, life isn't going to be fair.

For many of these young women this may be the first time they've ever experienced rejection. It's a life lesson everyone needs to learn because odds are they will get rejected again sometime. Once they graduate they'll interview for a job and they're not always going to get it even if they are qualified. Depending on the job, there may be a lot of other qualified candidates and the employer needs to narrow the field somehow. No one is saying they aren't good people, just that they aren't a good fit with that group or the right person for that particular job.

My heart breaks for PNM's that don't get bids to the Chapter they've been dreaming about or maybe don't even get a bid at all. But it's not the end of the world even if it feels like it at the time. Chin up, life goes on.