GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 324,972
Threads: 115,489
Welcome to our newest member, zaluissiftoz159
» Online Users: 1,892
1 members and 1,891 guests
LaneSig

Old 03-03-2024, 06:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGDee View Post
My last relationship was with someone who was "retired" on Social Security Disability so I'm guessing that's a yes. He also made me dinner every night even though I can cook. He had the time on his hands. It was wonderful to come home to a home cooked meal.

The person I'm hoping will be my next relationship is retired.

I make my own money- I don't need his.
Youíre ďguessingĒ yes? Lol! You know and I know you would not get involved with a nice dude your age making $15.00/hour making McRib sandwiches for a living.

That was a yes or no question I asked you.
Old 03-03-2024, 06:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerfulgreek View Post
Yes! lol. But my baklava is the best! Unfortunately, my family doesnít like it.

Okay, so there was like the tuna fish sandwich thing, and then the breakfast I tried to make for him. I tried to find it in D&R. I donít think I posted it. Itíd be too much to post. I was embarrassed then, but we laugh about it now.
Tuna fish sandwich? Lmao! Címon CG, post it. I want to read it so I can Lmao.
Old 03-03-2024, 07:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrozen Sands View Post
Youíre ďguessingĒ yes? Lol! You know and I know you would not get involved with a nice dude your age making $15.00/hour making McRib sandwiches for a living.

That was a yes or no question I asked you.
My point was, I'm willing to be with someone who was unemployed completely, of course I'd be willing to be with someone who is employed. I've always said when I retire, I want to be the greeter at Walmart.
Old 03-03-2024, 09:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
My point was, I'm willing to be with someone who was unemployed completely, of course I'd be willing to be with someone who is employed. I've always said when I retire, I want to be the greeter at Walmart.
I stand corrected then. You’re a good one. First thing my girl asked my boy who hooked us up, was what did I do for a living. I don’t know a woman on the planet where that isn’t their first question. I thought I remember you being one of the women on here who mentioned in D&R what a dude does for a living is important to you.

I only can cook some things, that’s why I wanted a woman in my life who can cook. If I’m not strong in that area, I want a woman who is. I don’t think anything is wrong with that. I see that as balance. My girl can cook her ass off Lol.
Old 03-03-2024, 11:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Tuna fish sandwich? Lmao! Címon CG, post it. I want to read it so I can Lmao.
The night before he came over to my apartment for the first time, I was like really nervous, for obvious reasons. So, I went to the grocery store and I bought tuna fish for us to eat for lunch (Starkist). I didnít know how to cook, but I knew how to make a tuna fish sandwich. So, I was thinking we could eat that until we went out to dinner.

So when he came over, I had the sandwiches ready. He ate like a couple of bites of his tuna fish sandwich, and didnít eat anymore of it. I knew then that he didnít like it. We spent the whole day together and after dinner we came back and watched movies. It got really late so I asked him since he lived like a little over an hour away from me, if heíd leave in the morning. I just didnít feel comfortable with him driving that far at night. Plus, I didnít want him to leave, lol.

So, he stayed and slept on the couch. I got up like really early so I could go to the store to get some breakfast food. I tried cooking it for him but it was like a major fail. Iím not posting what happened with that. Way too embarrassing! It was then that he knew I hadnít a clue how to cook anything!
Old Yesterday, 01:36 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
The night before he came over to my apartment for the first time, I was like really nervous, for obvious reasons. So, I went to the grocery store and I bought tuna fish for us to eat for lunch (Starkist). I didnít know how to cook, but I knew how to make a tuna fish sandwich. So, I was thinking we could eat that until we went out to dinner.

So when he came over, I had the sandwiches ready. He ate like a couple of bites of his tuna fish sandwich, and didnít eat anymore of it. I knew then that he didnít like it. We spent the whole day together and after dinner we came back and watched movies. It got really late so I asked him since he lived like a little over an hour away from me, if heíd leave in the morning. I just didnít feel comfortable with him driving that far at night. Plus, I didnít want him to leave, lol.

So, he stayed and slept on the couch. I got up like really early so I could go to the store to get some breakfast food. I tried cooking it for him but it was like a major fail. Iím not posting what happened with that. Way too embarrassing! It was then that he knew I hadnít a clue how to cook anything!
Lmao! I hollered!! CG, nobody cares. Just post what happened with the breakfast. You already posted you made starkist sandwiches which the mental image of that is funny as shit Lol! PM it to me then. Or at least post what it was so I can try to figure out what it was that you cooked.
Old Yesterday, 06:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I stand corrected then. Youíre a good one. First thing my girl asked my boy who hooked us up, was what did I do for a living. I donít know a woman on the planet where that isnít their first question. I thought I remember you being one of the women on here who mentioned in D&R what a dude does for a living is important to you.

I only can cook some things, thatís why I wanted a woman in my life who can cook. If Iím not strong in that area, I want a woman who is. I donít think anything is wrong with that. I see that as balance. My girl can cook her ass off Lol.
I do ask what someone does for a living early in a conversation, but that tells a lot about who they are. Like the dude who said "I used to be a truck driver but after a few DUIs, I couldn't do that anymore so now I...." Nope. I'd rather someone work at Mickey D's. As long as they are taking care of their bills and don't want me to do it for them, so be it. I do end up dating a lot of guys in IT. Probably because I'm a geek. We have something in common to talk about right away.

One of the things I did like about my second husband when we met was that we were both working full time and in grad school at night. I knew he'd understand that I wasn't always available. I had just gotten done dating someone who was on disability and was just basically waiting all day at home for me to come and entertain him. Ugh. It was so annoying and he was SO clingy. So having someone else who was legit busy was a good thing.

Even retired guys who don't really DO anything would be boring to me. They need to have hobbies. They need to volunteer or keep busy in some kind of way. Potential next guy is super involved in VFW and volunteers in a couple different organizations.
Old Yesterday, 07:22 PM
GreekChat Member

WIFLSRN: Tomorrow is going to be a terrible Tuesday for me. Iíve got ďmarijuana meanieĒ coming in for surgery tomorrow and I am unfortunately doing the surgery. That cat is like super mean.
Old Yesterday, 07:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Lmao! I hollered!! CG, nobody cares. Just post what happened with the breakfast. You already posted you made starkist sandwiches which the mental image of that is funny as shit Lol! PM it to me then. Or at least post what it was so I can try to figure out what it was that you cooked.
lol
You know what, Phrozen? I just realized something. I looked for it but didnít find it because I never posted it. Iím thinking I never posted it then for the very same reason Iím not posting it now, lol. No, I am SO not going to message you either, because you will mess with me for months about it. Nope.
Old Yesterday, 10:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I do ask what someone does for a living early in a conversation, but that tells a lot about who they are. Like the dude who said "I used to be a truck driver but after a few DUIs, I couldn't do that anymore so now I...." Nope. I'd rather someone work at Mickey D's. As long as they are taking care of their bills and don't want me to do it for them, so be it. I do end up dating a lot of guys in IT. Probably because I'm a geek. We have something in common to talk about right away.

One of the things I did like about my second husband when we met was that we were both working full time and in grad school at night. I knew he'd understand that I wasn't always available. I had just gotten done dating someone who was on disability and was just basically waiting all day at home for me to come and entertain him. Ugh. It was so annoying and he was SO clingy. So having someone else who was legit busy was a good thing.

Even retired guys who don't really DO anything would be boring to me. They need to have hobbies. They need to volunteer or keep busy in some kind of way. Potential next guy is super involved in VFW and volunteers in a couple different organizations.
I see where youíre coming from. I never looked at it from that perspective. But sometimes a dude can have a good, high paying job and still have some serious issues. Sometimes it wouldnít tell you who he is as a person. That truck driver told on himself Lol.

With the dude working at McDonaldís making $15.00/hr. youíd definitely be paying some of his bills if yíall were long-term. You see how you said you wouldnít pay for his bills? Lol. That was kind of my point. Men and women are way different in how they decide on a partner. With us, weíre pretty simple. For example, when my boy hooked me and my girl up together, before I saw her, when he told me about her, first thing I asked him was what does she look like. Then I asked about the other things that are important to me. First thing she asked him was what do I do.

I think most to all men make that their first question. What does she look like. A woman can be making McRib sandwiches all day for low pay, and if sheís foine, weíll still get involved with her and help her pay her bills. Women wonít do that with men.

Lmao @ the dude on disability wanting you to entertain him when you get home. I think you get bored with the same person long-term Lol. Itís hard to please women. My girl is clingy as hell and tells me Iím not clingy enough. Your second husband seemed like he had the most in common with you.

Quote:
WIFLSRN: Tomorrow is going to be a terrible Tuesday for me. Iíve got ďmarijuana meanieĒ coming in for surgery tomorrow and I am unfortunately doing the surgery. That cat is like super mean.
Why do you call the cat marijuana meanie? Lol
Quote:
lol
You know what, Phrozen? I just realized something. I looked for it but didnít find it because I never posted it. Iím thinking I never posted it then for the very same reason Iím not posting it now, lol. No, I am SO not going to message you either, because you will mess with me for months about it. Nope.
You suck, CG Lol. If you posted that on here when everybody was still posting, theyíd have lit you up Lol!
Old Yesterday, 11:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I think most to all men make that their first question.
Iíd first ask what does her relationship with Christ look like. Iíd make the determination if sheís someone Iím physically attracted to or not once I met up with her. If she has a lukewarm relationship with God, then I wouldnít even waste my time to go and see what she looks like.
Romans 1:16
Old Today, 12:11 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyBoy View Post
Iíd first ask what does her relationship with Christ look like. Iíd make the determination if sheís someone Iím physically attracted to or not once I met up with her. If she has a lukewarm relationship with God, then I wouldnít even waste my time to go and see what she looks like.
Iíll bet if he told you that he didnít know what her relationship with God was about, but he showed you a picture of her and she was foine with nice feet Lol!!, youíd be on that like white on rice, regardless. Or if she had a real tight relationship with God, but was tore up with man-feet, you wouldnít give her the time of day Lol!!!! Kill it, PB. Men and women are different in what we look for in a partner.
Old Today, 12:40 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Iíll bet if he told you that he didnít know what her relationship with God was about, but he showed you a picture of her and she was foine with nice feet Lol!!, youíd be on that like white on rice, regardless. Or if she had a real tight relationship with God, but was tore up with man-feet, you wouldnít give her the time of day Lol!!!! Kill it, PB. Men and women are different in what we look for in a partner.
😂😂😂😂 Youíre right about the latter part of your post. If she had a strong relationship with Christ, but I wasnít physically attracted to her and with feet that look like that, thenÖ ✌🏽

Címon man, I think most people want to be physically attracted to their partner. But by the same token, Iím saying no to the first part of your post.

Her relationship with Christ has to be first for me, man. No marriage/relationship is a bed of roses. None of them are perfect. However, if her relationship with Christ is right, and her morals and values align with mine, then I know as long as I continue to love her completely and Iím devoted to her as my wife, then I know sheíll respect me as her husband.

Right. Men and women are different and those differences are never going to change, Phroze. At my church, I lead the marriage retreats (when we have them), and one of the things Iíve talked about was that one of the major sources of friction in marriage/relationships is the inability or refusal of men to dwell with their partner with understanding. So, in other words, the differences between the sexes remain and are problematic when those differences are misunderstood and unappreciated.

Man, remember the time when you said you and I are alike in more ways than I think we are. We ainít. 😂
Romans 1:16

Last edited by PrettyBoy; Today at 01:43 AM.