GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Risk Management - Hazing & etc.

Risk Management - Hazing & etc. This forum covers Risk Management topics such as: Hazing, Alcohol Abuse/Awareness, Date Rape Awareness, Eating Disorder Prevention, Liability, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,042
Threads: 115,496
Welcome to our newest member, prettyandpearls
» Online Users: 1,837
0 members and 1,837 guests
No Members online

Old 06-15-2018, 08:59 AM
GreekChat Member

Delta Sigma Phi @ University of Central Florida

Delta Sigma Phi at University of Central Florida charged with creating a secret site called "Dog Pound" to share video and pictures of naked women. When is this going to end? Kudos to the young woman for standing up to these boys. https://www.dropbox.com/s/exf6ldu57i...laint.pdf?dl=0
Old 06-15-2018, 10:28 AM
Super Moderator

It's sure been going on a long time. Over 40 years ago, guys in my dorm were filming themselves and unsuspecting women and then sharing it. Yes, there were tiny cameras back then.
Old 06-15-2018, 02:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Is this a new low? These boys' parents must be so proud.

(Michael Avenatti really gets around.)

Last edited by PhilTau; 06-15-2018 at 04:32 PM. Reason: add a '
Old 06-15-2018, 03:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Every time I read about a fraternity behaving this way, I am just incredulous and think: “Are they blind? Are they not aware what’s going regarding sexual exploitation? On what planet did they think this was even remotely okay?”

And then another part makes me afraid for the chapter I advise and for me as well. Because I would somehow feel guilty for their idiotic choices. I think they have better sense than this, but who knows? And while it may be summer, I just emailed this article link in a group email to the whole chapter with a note to our officers.

It ain’t easy being an advisor in this day and age....
Old 06-15-2018, 03:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnation View Post
It's sure been going on a long time. Over 40 years ago, guys in my dorm were filming themselves and unsuspecting women and then sharing it. Yes, there were tiny cameras back then.
Disgusting then, disgusting (and criminal) now. In the digital age it’s done with the touch of a button and then it’s out there forever. Horrible, wretched thing to do.
Old 06-17-2018, 08:53 AM
GreekChat Member

It makes me mad when this happens to women on college campuses and the guys get a slap on the wrist. This is a CRIME. In any other segment of society, it would be treated as such.
Old 06-18-2018, 08:48 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGD-GRAD View Post
Every time I read about a fraternity behaving this way, I am just incredulous and think: “Are they blind? Are they not aware what’s going regarding sexual exploitation? On what planet did they think this was even remotely okay?”

And then another part makes me afraid for the chapter I advise and for me as well. Because I would somehow feel guilty for their idiotic choices. I think they have better sense than this, but who knows? And while it may be summer, I just emailed this article link in a group email to the whole chapter with a note to our officers.

Thank you for helping your chapter's leaders become better men through these teaching moments. So many of our collegians seem to feel invincible or unable to see the implications of stupid, insensitive, dangerous behaviors in the moment where they think they are just having fun. Your chapter is fortunate to have someone who cares enough to guide them through this maturation process. As they say, an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.
Old 06-18-2018, 10:49 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGD-GRAD View Post
It's a fact that our freshmen usually make it to young-adulthood without anyone ever really explaining to them that the internet is forever and that privacy, even on their private devices is not guaranteed and how those dick pics they think are great to send now might derail their future career.
Mu Tau 5, Central Oklahoma