GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Dating & Relationships
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,445
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Avalanchejqr
» Online Users: 2,017
2 members and 2,015 guests
indygphib

Old 03-19-2009, 09:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Guys, is it true....Myth Busters

Okay, I was just going to ask a question but then I thought this might be a good place for others to ask their myth-y questions, too. Pick each others' brains. There are a couple threads like that, but they're all about sex so there's no where for me to ask my question so I'm making a new one.

Is it true that, if a guy doesn't call in the first 24 hours after he gets your number, he's just not that into you? That if he waits 3 days, a week, whatever that he's "playing the game" and not really interested?

"My dreams have become letters." ~christiangirl
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 03-20-2009, 01:12 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by christiangirl View Post
Okay, I was just going to ask a question but then I thought this might be a good place for others to ask their myth-y questions, too. Pick each others' brains. There are a couple threads like that, but they're all about sex so there's no where for me to ask my question so I'm making a new one.

Is it true that, if a guy doesn't call in the first 24 hours after he gets your number, he's just not that into you? That if he waits 3 days, a week, whatever that he's "playing the game" and not really interested?
Depends on the guy. Holy sht give the guy a chance to breathe, you're talking 24 hours here. Any chick that wants a guy to call her within 24 hours of giving out her number, has gotta be horny as fck. Anything more than a week, that means he doesn't give a sht about you. So, find another guy.
Old 03-20-2009, 02:36 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to James Send a message via AIM to James
Its not true. It may mean something or nothing.

You have to look at it in the context of behavior over time.

I could like a girl and call/text or not call/text depending on my mood, what i have planned etc. Significant time could go by.

The only difference is if I actually say I will call/text. Then I will out of courtesy whether I like you or not. And I have a policy of always returning calls and texts because its just rude not to.

Quote:

Old 03-20-2009, 03:18 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
Its not true. It may mean something or nothing.

You have to look at it in the context of behavior over time.

I could like a girl and call/text or not call/text depending on my mood, what i have planned etc. Significant time could go by.

The only difference is if I actually say I will call/text. Then I will out of courtesy whether I like you or not. And I have a policy of always returning calls and texts because its just rude not to.
I miss you James! Why haven't you called/text me?

Actually it would be nice to see you on GC more often...

"Yo soy una mujer negra" ~Zoe Saldana
Old 03-20-2009, 04:20 AM
Banned

Quote:

Is this just a random question or is this a guy you're interested in? If so, did he just give you his number only, or did you exchange numbers with him? If you exchanged numbers, why don't you call him? If he doesn't call you back within a few days after you've contacted him or left a voice mail, then you've got your answer. He's not interested. If he likes you, he'll call. If he doesn't then don't waste your time, there's more guys to choose from. If he shows he doesn't give a sht, then why should you?
Old 03-20-2009, 05:07 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:

The answer to your question can't be proved one way or another. Because it can't be solved through some kind of scientific experiment, and there's no right or wrong answer, I'm simply going to tell you to stop worrying, live your life, and if he calls, he calls. If he doesn't, you'll already have handed out your number to a few other guys while you were "waiting" on him. And please don't think this is my way of saying "Go be a slut!" ... but handing your number out to a guy means nothing until there's some kind of communication following the initial meeting. Until that happens, go find other "potentials".

Elaine: It's all in your head. All she knows is she had a good time. I think you should call her.

George: I can't call her now, it's too soon. I'm planning a Wednesday call.

Elaine: Oh, why? I love it when guys call me the next day.

George: Of course you do, but you're imagining a guy you like, not a guy who goes, "Oh no, I don't drink coffee late at night." If I call her now, she's gonna think I'm too needy. Women don't wanna see need. They want a take-charge guy - a colonel, a kaiser, a tsar.

Elaine: All she'll think is that you like her.

George: That's exactly what I'm trying to avoid!

Elaine: But she wants you to like her!

George: Yes, she wants me to like her, if she likes me, but she doesn't like me!

Elaine: I don't know what your parents did to you.

@~/~~~~
Old 03-20-2009, 08:45 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:

Not true - some guys wait a few days just as a matter of practice (or because they've seen "Swingers" too many times), and some guys call the next day. It may not mean anything, and there's no set and fast rule for it.

Back before I got married, sometimes I called the next day, and sometimes I waited a couple of days.
Old 03-20-2009, 08:53 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to moe.ron
yeah, it all depend on the mood, how busy i'm or i just plain forget to call the girl. could mean something, could mean nothing.
Old 03-20-2009, 09:02 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to nikki1920 Send a message via Yahoo to nikki1920
Quote:

No, its not true. If he had a good time, he'll call, usually in less than a week. Things happen and if he's really interested he'll call back, if only to explain why he didn't call sooner.

That's been my experience, though. You can tell if someone is avoiding your calls. If that's the case, ditch the number and move on.
Old 03-20-2009, 09:42 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSigkid View Post
Back before I got married, sometimes I called the next day, and sometimes I waited a couple of days.
Yep.
Old 03-20-2009, 12:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: Who you calling "boy"? The name's Hand Banana . . .
I'm generally not going to call on a Sunday if I'm hung over from the night before - no matter how well we hit it off. It's just setting things up for failure. If we meet at an event on Thursday, it might take a few days to actually have some time to catch up - I might have plans after work on Friday, then Saturday's bad, then . . .

It's just not something that is "hard and fast" - pay more attention to when and why he calls than to any sort of temporal relationship, especially for the first few calls. Is he only calling on weekends? Does he always want to do something, or is it just to chat? Does he shy away from meeting your friends, or you meeting his friends? Even these don't "mean something" automatically, but each bit adds together and you can start to figure it out.

Life is not a Rubik's Cube.
Old 03-20-2009, 12:52 PM
GreekChat Member

See, I don't understand this wondering business.

If I want to talk or hang out with someone, I will call them. If I don't, I won't. I assume this is the same for men. If a guy's not calling me, great. Then I can move on to other people.

WHY IS THIS SO HARD TO FIGURE OUT?!
Old 03-20-2009, 02:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to nikki1920 Send a message via Yahoo to nikki1920
Do you like me?
check yes or no
(and do not write in maybe)
lol
Old 03-20-2009, 03:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikki1920 View Post
Do you like me?
check yes or no
(and do not write in maybe)
lol
Sometimes
Law and Order: Gotham - “In the Criminal Justice System of Gotham City the people are represented by three separate, yet equally important groups. The police who investigate crime, the District Attorneys who prosecute the offenders, and the Batman. These are their stories.”
Old 03-20-2009, 03:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to WVU alpha phi
I think it also depends on the night you met. If you met the guy on a Saturday, what is he going to say when he calls you the next day? Chances are he won't be asking you out on a date for that night. I think if you meet someone over the weekend, and they're interested, you should hear back from them by mid-late the following week.