GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Dating & Relationships
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,452
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, saphqueen
» Online Users: 1,518
1 members and 1,517 guests
babobygooglet93

Old 01-09-2014, 08:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by I2K BetaMu View Post
LOL Exactly. I feel you AST. I look at prostitution as illegal, although it shouldn't be. But the way I'm reading what was posted is a dude or dudes who work for a company that females can call who want to have a shorty, but are having a hard time meeting a cool dude who would hit it and give them the shorty. I wonder how they would charge.

First nut I bust is $350.00. If I gotta bust two more back to back nuts, that's $1,000.00 LOL!!!

No. It's not "..females can call who want to have a shorty, but are having a hard time meeting a cool dude who would hit it and give them the shorty". From what I understand, it's a therapeutic remedy for people who are experiencing psychological, emotional and/or physical issues as a result of sexual problems. It's all done under the guidance of a licensed therapist.

So, no - if you want to hit it, you need to go back to your local bar or club. LOL

True and Constant
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 01-10-2014, 09:11 PM
Banned

I'm watching Lakeview Terrace (waiting for Being Mary Jane to come on) and the scene in which Kerry Washington had stopped taking her BC pills and acted helpless and clueless reminded me of the "life script":

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mTkp9Uq...%3DmTkp9UqVVHs
Old 01-11-2014, 12:25 AM
GreekChat Member

So ASUAdpi, I'm guessing this isn't where you thought this thread would go

Dr. Phil, loved the video...a little too much truth to it though
Old 01-11-2014, 12:34 AM
Banned

Indeed.

The season premiere of "Being Mary Jane" that I watched this evening (rerun) also reminded me of this thread. That is no slight to ASUADPi and what she shared. I am talking about the overall thread. "Being Mary Jane" is like a "life script" version of the show "Scandal". An accomplished woman who, despite her accomplishments, she's an emotional wreck (despite how much she tries to keep her mind right for the sake of other people) and her life is in shambles. She is waiting around for men and keeps a man's sperm in her freezer without his consent.

"Free your miiiiiiiiind and the rest will follow"
~En Vogue

Last edited by DrPhil; 01-11-2014 at 01:06 AM.
Old 01-11-2014, 12:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Dr. Phil, I wasn't referring to your post when I mentioned the interesting thread direction--I meant the posts above yours. I mean no disrespect to that poster either, just thought it was interesting.

I'm going to have to check out the show you're talking about.

As I'm in middle life right now, I've also noticed another issue. It seems no matter how accomplished or talented a woman is, she is still very much judged by her looks, weight and ability to keep looking young. When I say judged, I mean by other women, men, employers, family, etc. and even herself. In some ways this is changing for the better but it's still there.

I do not see this with men as much. It seems men are judged more by their income or professional/social status.
Old 01-14-2014, 10:16 AM
Banned

Men aren't judged as harshly. They can be ugly as sin and believe they are God's gift. Men's "worth" increases with age. And in most personal and professional fields men's "worth" increases with decreases in aesthetic value. They are taken more seriously in many realms and led to believe they will find a life partner regardless. There are a few commercials that cast pretty women and average (or ugly) and older men to highlight how the pressure to look good tends to be on the woman whereas the pressure to be smart and successful is usually on the man. There is one commercial in particular that gets on my nerves.
Old 01-14-2014, 11:03 AM
GreekChat Member

ADPiEE- I'm right there with you sister! When you have society telling women that they must be a size 2-4 to be considered beautiful, how do I compete with that when I'm overweight. I hate the way I look which I know corresponds to my unhappiness of being single. All I see on TV and in magazine are super skinny women. Even if I wouldn't consider them at all attractive, they are in the eyes of men and society because they are skinny.

There is so much pressure on women to look younger than they are. There is so much pressure on women to be smaller than the average size 12. We can't compete.

DrPhil-I would LOVE to see a commercial with an average women and a hot guy, but as if that is going to happen.

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." Eleanor Roosevelt
Old 01-14-2014, 11:06 AM
GreekChat Member

Remember you can always go to Nevada where prostitution is legal.

Old 01-14-2014, 01:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASUADPi View Post

DrPhil-I would LOVE to see a commercial with an average women and a hot guy, but as if that is going to happen.
Remember all the hue and cry over the Girls episode when she hooked up with Patrick Wilson?
Old 01-14-2014, 03:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchkin03 View Post
Remember all the hue and cry over the Girls episode when she hooked up with Patrick Wilson?
I've actually never seen that show.

Patrick Wilson=Yummy

Old 01-14-2014, 07:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AOII Angel View Post
Since you are a romantic, I hope the right man for you does come along, but that may be at a time and place that you don't expect and in a package you aren't prepared for.
So true. If I had met my husband in high school or even college, we wouldn't have looked twice at each other. We were each on a part of our life journey that made us incompatible, at least at that point. Fortunately, by the time we did meet, we were ready for each other. And we didn't meet in a bar or club. We met in a job interview. Yes. A job interview.

My point is, throw out any preconceived ideas of what Mr Right must be -- looks, income, education, etc. Go out of your way to meet all kinds of people (men and women both) and search for what makes each interesting. When you get past the superficial stuff we buy into as teenagers, you'll find real connections in the most unexpected places!
Old 01-14-2014, 09:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchkin03 View Post
Yeah, and I loved his wife's comment about that hoopla too.
Old 04-04-2014, 10:47 AM
Banned

LOL

http://www.care2.com/greenliving/wom...-pressure.html

I find this hilarious because she isn't really (so she claims) living her life with mannequins. She's being a funny photographer. The comments section is interesting.
Old 04-04-2014, 01:36 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPhil View Post
LOL

http://www.care2.com/greenliving/wom...-pressure.html

I find this hilarious because she isn't really (so she claims) living her life with mannequins. She's being a funny photographer. The comments section is interesting.
BRILLIANT!!
Old 04-04-2014, 02:01 PM
Banned

Woman at gynecologist office:
Front desk attendant: marital status
Woman: NOT married (happily so)
Attendant: Okay...single
Woman: No...not single...not married.
Attendant: you're trying to be difficult. I bet you're a sweetheart.
Woman: *thinking to herself: uh...I'm too grown to be flattered by "sweetheart" and there's nothing difficult about expecting offices to expand their relationship categories. You want these medical people to acknowledge a more vast range of life circumstances in order to address how these life circumstances impact your health.*

Last edited by DrPhil; 04-04-2014 at 02:04 PM.