GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,466
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, Angelow
» Online Users: 2,369
0 members and 2,369 guests
No Members online

Old 10-12-2007, 09:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Thanks so much again!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 10-14-2007, 01:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzou8 View Post
For the resume; I have already become really involved in campus- I love to be busy, and as a result I've joined as many organizations and been really involved with them as time would allow, leaving time to study and work so that I have a solid GPA (I'm a Journalism major and here its really important that you have a high GPA to get into certain sequences and classes). However, for the resume, should I include all the organizations I've been involved with/offices I may hold next semester, or should I limit it to a few? If I'm "too involved" on campus, will chapters think that I won't have enough time for Greek life? I'm pretty good at balancing my time and I know that I can handle it (it may mean that I don't hold leadership positions in certain organizations, or commit to a little less), but will chapters think this?
I'm an active at mizzou, so here's what would probably be your best option:
1. use your senior pic- just make sure it still looks like you! Also, one (some girls use two) picture is all that's really necessary. We've had girls send photo collages of themselves, and..... well, it's kind of overdone and creepy.
2. STAY INVOLVED. You're right, it doesn't neccessarily mean take a leadership position in every different organization, but it's good to have one or two under your belt, especially since you'll be rushing as a sophomore. On the other hand, you definitely don't want to be over-involved. Go out and make new friends. Which takes us to my next point....
3. Behave. You're in the J-school, so chances are, there are a ton of greeks in your classes. Get to know them, definitely. On that same note, remember that you've declared your intent to rush. Which means they may pay more attention to what you do.
4. I don't know that I would put high school activities on my resume. Granted, resumes for recruitment are different than the ones you'd use while job seeking, but I feel like if that activity was important enough to you to include it on your resume, you would have continued with it in college.

I hope that helped, I don't really come on here that much anymore. PM me if you have any other questions.
Old 12-01-2007, 11:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Actives from other chapters?

I've heard that some chapters allow recommendations and letters from active members who aren't a part of that particular chapter, and I'd really like to obtain some of those for rush next year. I looked all over the national websites for the chapters from my school and found some but not all- if you could affirm whether any of the following do/do not accept recs from other chapters, that would be amazing! Thanks so much!
Alpha Chi Omega- Yes
Alpha Delta Pi- Yes
Alpha Phi- ?
Chi Omega- ?
Delta Delta Delta- Yes
Delta Gamma- Yes
Gamma Phi Beta- ?
Kappa Alpha Theta- No
Kappa Delta- ?
Kappa Kappa Gamma- ?
Pi Beta Phi- I think no...?
Phi Mu- I think no...?
Zeta Tau Alpha- I think no....

Thanks so much for any help you can give!!
Old 12-02-2007, 02:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Alpha Phi allows them from active members.