GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,100
1 members and 1,099 guests
Cookiez17

Old 08-30-2007, 01:35 PM
GreekChat Member

My Little Sister's Recruitment

I've been reading all the stories for weeks now and I just realized I can write one for my little sister! She starts recruitment tonight at a small-ish state school where there are 6 NPC sororities.

Little Sister loves Disney movies(many a boyfriend has had to sit through Cinderella)...so here we go!

Cinderella
Ariel
Sleeping Beauty- We have cousins in this chapter as well. She has met a few girls from it already.
Snow White
Tinkerbell- Legacy(?)- Our cousin was president of this chapter and 2 other cousins are Tink as well(at other schools)
Belle

Background on Little Sister:

I'm actually a little surprised she's going through rush...she always told me she didn't see why I joined a sorority("Its stupid!")...I think cause she can get tired of girls and likes having guy friends. We were worried about her going off to school- she didn't seem real excited about it. However, she has been there a few weeks and seems to be "adapting" nicely(and by "adapting" I mean she called me at 3 AM Friday night...). She's rooming with 2 girls from our hometown and the 4th roommate was a random assignment. I know the 2 hometown girls are going through rush. I'll do my best to find out their story as well. Daddy isn't thrilled about her rooming with her BFF(bad influence, or in my Dad's words "That girl does stupid crap."), but Mom won that argument. We're hoping if she pledges somewhere different than BFF she'll meet lots of new people and do well in school...anyways, thats it! I'll do my best to post as much as possible...sometimes she's not a big talker. After lunch I'll look at the recruitment schedule so i can give you all a better idea of how things will be going!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-30-2007, 02:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Cane94G8r97
Looking forward to your story!

Thanks for sharing your sister's story, DG.

I love reading these threads when I am not in the mood to be in my office. It helps me get through the day!

Can't wait to find out which castle your little sister chooses!
Always a Zeta Tau Alpha \^^^/
Old 08-30-2007, 04:16 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm already enjoying your thread, DGAdDawg. Your mom and dad sound like parents everywhere.............Dad grumbles but Mom gets her way.
Best of luck to your little sister!!
Old 08-30-2007, 10:10 PM
GreekChat Member

A little more info

OK, I found a recruitment schedule online...

Tonight and Tomorrow- Open Rounds(I'm not familiar with this term...is this like Round One/Ice water parties?). I'm assuming she'll visit 3 tonight and 3 tomorrow.

Saturday-Philanthropy Day

Sunday- Theme Day

Monday- Pref Day/Bid Night(WOW! Both in one day? Crazy).

I don't know anything about ranking/cutting all that stuff..she hasn't called me yet to give me the details on tonight! Guess I'll call her and force it out of her.
Old 08-30-2007, 10:24 PM
GreekChat Member

An update

Ok...Just got off the phone with her.

She met her Rho Chi(I guess, she didn't say a whole lot) and went to 1 party tonight.

Belle- She said it was ok..the girl was "Nice..but kinda fake like". I think in Little Sister speak that means they had awkward conversation. She said she liked some of the other girls she talked to.

Tomorrow she'll go to 5 parties. Saturday she'll get her invites back. If she gets more than 4, she'll pick the 4 she wants to go to and then after those parties on Saturday she will rank them.

BFF also went to Belle and Little Sister said she liked them. Other Roomie went somewhere else, but couldn't remember where.

Last edited by DGAdDawg; 08-30-2007 at 10:26 PM.
Old 09-01-2007, 10:33 AM
GreekChat Member

Day 3-Philanthropy Round

Just got off the phone with Little Sister. She went today to pick up her invites for Philanthropy round. She was invited back to 4 of the 6. She was cut by Belle and Tinkerbell. Parties start at 1 today, so she will be going back to Ariel, Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, and Snow White.

After her Open Rounds, these are her impressions:

1)Sleeping Beauty- When she first met some of these girls at a cookout, she didn't really like them. But now its one of her favorites and she says the girls she talked to are really cool. She said "One girl talked to me a/b Disney movies and not stupid sorority stuff"... Kind of a typical answer from her!

2)Snow White- Her other favorite. She said the girls she talked to were really cool and she likes them a lot.

3) Cinderella- She says they are nice but doesn't think she would fit in.

4)Ariel- She doesn't see her self going here.

And from the 2 she was cut from:

Belle- They were nice, but she doesn't mind she was cut from them. Didn't want to go there.

Tinkerbell- She said the conversation was weird. The girl didn't really have a conversation with her or get to know her, she just kind of spouted off information. She's not upset she was cut.

I'll probably talk to her tomorrow morning after she gets her invites because today is FOOTBALL!
Old 09-01-2007, 10:41 AM
GreekChat Member

Good luck to "Little Sister"!!
Old 09-01-2007, 12:15 PM

Send a message via AIM to Jill1228
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGAdDawg View Post
Monday- Pref Day/Bid Night(WOW! Both in one day? Crazy).

For the last few years, UBC has done this. But then again there are a lot less PNMs going thru recruitment

Best of luck to your sister
Old 09-01-2007, 02:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to xoheatherxo
we had pref night and bid day in the same day too at my school. it was a small rush, but i couldnt imagine going through pref night and then having to wait til the next day to find out ! the day started out really early and ended pretty late, but it was much better knowing all in one day! i cant wait to see how this thread turns out!! good luck to your lil sis and her friends!!
Old 09-02-2007, 10:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Lil_ChiO_Lady
The first year of recruitment, pref and bid day were on seperate days. it was nerve racking to just wait around till the next evening.In the last few years it has been on the same day. I never cared for the 8am being ready for parties, when they started at 10am but by the end of the day it is soo exciting.Not to mention, it is tradition for pref day to rain and by the afternoon it is sunny and beautiful(Texas weather,lol)
Psi Zeta Chapter
Old 09-03-2007, 10:40 AM
GreekChat Member

Any updates?
Old 09-03-2007, 03:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Quick update

Today Little Sister attended prefs at SleepingBeauty and Snow White. As of yesterday, she didn't have a clear favorite. She will know about Bids tonight.
Old 09-03-2007, 03:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Cane94G8r97
How exciting!

Here's hoping she is happy on bid day! Best of luck to your little sister!!
Always a Zeta Tau Alpha \^^^/
Old 09-03-2007, 10:38 PM
GreekChat Member

My sister sent me a text message from the Sleeping Beauty Bid day party! This means she is now a ..........

Phi Mu!

I believe this has been her favorite all along. Funny since she initially ruled it out because she wasn't fond of some of the girls she knew from back home!

Not sure about BFF and Roommate yet...but My dad says he thinks BFF is A Phi Mu as well(his response? "Oh crap.").
Old 09-03-2007, 10:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Hooray for your sister and Phi Mu!!! (and for her bff as well, as the case may be...)