GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,126
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, babobygooglet93
» Online Users: 950
1 members and 949 guests
No Members online

Old 01-30-2003, 07:58 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm deff. without a doubt the hookup.
Old 01-30-2003, 10:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DeltaBetaBaby
I know you have one of these

What about the guy/girl who knows EVERYTHING about your org., and probably has attended every signle event since the moment he/she pledged?

Usually this person holds lots of offices, could practically recite the bylaws, and wears letters every day.
Old 01-31-2003, 12:47 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to sherbertlemons
Too true. This thread is cracking me up!

DeltaBetaBaby- I was just going to add that. You forgot "Starts singalongs of sorority songs where ever she happens to be. Cannot see a sister on the other side of the Student Union without running up and attacking her. When she's not in letters, she's wearing your colors."
Old 01-31-2003, 12:49 AM
GreekChat Member

Re: I know you have one of these

Quote:
Originally posted by DeltaBetaBaby
What about the guy/girl who knows EVERYTHING about your org., and probably has attended every signle event since the moment he/she pledged?

Usually this person holds lots of offices, could practically recite the bylaws, and wears letters every day.
that'd be me i think

how about the objective observer... the sister or brother who knows everyones sh** and can tell you the real story amidst all the drama? that'd be one of my best friends... i always go to her to figure out what's up

~*~
Old 01-31-2003, 04:05 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to MSSTCY1
WOW

My chapter has been in some serious trouble lately. There has been nice new email or anything for the last week. SO THANK YOU LIFESAVER!!!!!!!!

I sent this out to my sisters, and put down which personality everyone was, and they laughed all night!! Honestly, this really saved us this semester.. or at least this rush...so thank you once again LIFESAVER... amazing thread!!

EVERYONE.... send this to your GLO's with who each and everyone is!!!

Last edited by MSSTCY1; 01-31-2003 at 04:11 AM.
Old 01-31-2003, 09:33 AM
GreekChat Member

How about The Dinosaurs .... The people who pledged about 7 years before the current seniors were freshmen, who hold real, respectable jobs, yet every weekend, they show up around the house, partying their @$$es off, yelling at all the newer members, telling them how they "did things in the old days".

And sorority girls, you know these, I'm sure, The "Holier than Thou " sisters; the Seniors who yell at all of the younger girls for their questionable "moral judgements" yet when they themselves were freshmen, they were in a different guy's bed every weekend.
Old 01-31-2003, 09:47 AM
GreekChat Member

oh god, the Dinosaurs! The guys who have forgetten that they graduated like 3 years ago, still come to every house party and rush event, still go to formal and flirt with the freshman girls. I have met some of these guys who are old enough to be my father!

The thread is hilarious!!
Old 01-31-2003, 12:37 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to moe.ron
How about the MIA brothers that shows up in a blue moon. We got one, great guy, but he was an engineering major and lived in the lab. He'll show up once in a while for rush and mixers, and he always get rushed by sorority girls thinking this guy is a prospective. That was also me in my last year due to my senior thesis and working. I got rushed by an AEPhi.
Old 01-31-2003, 12:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Oh my, this was me...just call me "The Junkie"! Can't get enough of the group, and would prefer to meet every single day.

Careful, because when The Junkie graduates, she often grows up into...the Dinosaur! Which I pretty much was during law school, when I was still living on campus.

Ivy
Old 01-31-2003, 12:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to teke4life
i don't know if every chapter has this guy, but we always have the prematurely old guy... he's a sophomore and goes to bed at 10 o'clock on friday night, hangs out with his g/f like he's married, sits in a corner at the parties, and talks about last semester like they were the good old days.
then there's the variation of that. the premature old guy, who talks like he's been there forever. doesn't just know chapter history, but talks like he was there. i had one brother i met when i was a freshman, i thougt he must've been chapter advisor, but it turned out he had just pledged. i would've sworn he was there at the founding in 1899!
Old 01-31-2003, 02:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:

hahah. I forgot this one. yeah, ours in now a consultant for the org. lol. Called that Isht first semester. lol

Yeah thanks for the compliment on this thread. I am glad it lightened things up.

I got the idea for it in chapter on tuesday when one of the JI's makes an announcment during open discussion (he's the businessman) about how he, "bought 10 lbs of amber from some guy in Lithuania on ebay and its real cheep right now but the amber market is about to explode. So if you want in, now is the time." I busted up, as did the rest of the chapter, but then remembereed that hes the bro that drives the c-class HE PAID FOR HIMSELF. It got me thinking abou tthe different personalities.

I forgot the disosaurs. Thats so used to be me too. lol.I quit hanging out when I realized that I remembered the year the NM's were born in. lol.
Old 01-31-2003, 02:32 PM

the "special guest star"

That's the sister that is involved in a zillion campus activities and might impress people when they see her in your letters, but never is there for the sisters or does anything for the chapter.
Old 01-31-2003, 02:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by 33girl
the "special guest star"

That's the sister that is involved in a zillion campus activities and might impress people when they see her in your letters, but never is there for the sisters or does anything for the chapter.

ROTFLMAO!

That is the funniest thing I have read in weeks. "Special Guest Star." lol. bwahahhahahahahhahah. My boss is seriously wondrering what coudl be so funny about booking her stay at Embassy Suites next week. lol
Old 02-01-2003, 03:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Peaches-n-Cream

Quote:

That was me.

"special guest star" I called her the Ghost.
Old 02-01-2003, 05:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to LeslieAGD
Lightbulb

What about...

In The Know: This brother/sister knows the most about the chapter and its members. This is the person you come to when you need a quick answer, a problem fixed, or some juicy gossip.

This was definitely me.