GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,143
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, liscahvs8263
» Online Users: 1,025
1 members and 1,024 guests
John

Old 08-23-2002, 09:40 AM
GreekChat Member

I'm Going NUTS!!!!!! LSU

OK, this is driving me crazy! I know NOTHING of what's going on at LSU! Darling can't share and no GCer is posting.

Tonight is Pref! Max is 3 parties. Anyone? ANYONE?
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-23-2002, 09:53 AM
GreekChat Member

I was just going to PM you and ask about LSU...I want to know how it's going!!! I haven't been able to talk to any of my friends!! I'll let you know what I find out when I do!
Old 08-23-2002, 09:57 AM
GreekChat Member

I will bow down and kiss your feet if you find something out.

Old 08-23-2002, 02:45 PM
GreekChat Member

OK, 133 people have looked at this thread and NOBODY is talking! Soooooo,
I'll write my OWN story of LSU rush.

This year there was a record breaking number of 3,961 girls that went out for rush.
There are 10 NPC chapters and 3 secret organizations vying for the top 2,961 PNMs

It wasn't till the girls returned to Miller Dorm (the place to be for sorority) that the actives realized they had a problem on their hands. Quota would be 16 this year. However, in their wisdom, Panhellenic decided to lower total from 200 to 199!

All the members of the notorious BCP sorority decided they would cut every single legacy of NIX. Now, that put them down to 10 PNMs , so they scoured the recs one more time to find those 6 special girls who never, EVER were accused of possessing (gulp)
blond highlights! It wasn't so easy for the others.

The CIAs had been doing some investigating of their own. They decided it was MOST important to look for PNMs with some athletic prowess. With security in question on campus, they figured they could post their pledges at the doors as a bonding experience. They cut every size 8 and under.

I HEARD that the FBI followed suit, but not to be out done, upped the anti to a size 10. I THINK they cut close to 900 girls, I'm not too sure.

The worst though (and MOST superficial IMO) cuts came from the TAU TAU's. If you even THOUGHT of wearing a Tiffany heart, you were out on the curb! Everyone knows this season's top fashion accessory is the key chain mace (burgundy or black, but black looks sleeker).
The cuts were soooooooooooo drastic, someone said they are considering expansion.
This year all the skits were GREAT! Most memorable was "Louisiana Hayride with
Britney Spears". Several of the PNMs must have got wind of it because they came in costume!

Tonight is Pref. I heard everyone may get cross cut! Does anyone know anything else? Please SHARE! Now the truth----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I STILL don't know Nuttin!
Old 08-23-2002, 02:51 PM
GreekChat Member

JAM: hehehehehehehe

I thought you were serious!! I started making all of these "What?" "Oh no!" and "You've got to be kidding me!" noises in my office. All of my co-workers now think I'm crazy! LOL
Old 08-23-2002, 03:06 PM

Send a message via AIM to shadokat Send a message via Yahoo to shadokat
JAM, you freaked me out for like half the post, and then I said, wait a minute...FBI? and I busted up laughing!! Where's that kid of yours!!!
Old 08-23-2002, 03:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Hey you guys, go wild and fill in what YOU"VE "heard"!

The last I spoke to her was Monday or Tues- she called in to ask for something she forgot, but I didn't ask any questions. You know how busy things are AND this is TOP Secret!

The funny thing is, there's one (or two) little "truths" in my joke post! The source of which--------I'll never tell!

I bet I won't hear ANYTHING till this is over and it will most likely come from someone else. I can't call a PNMs Mom because if it's as difficult this year as last, I don't WANT to hear about it.
Lots of those young ladies I've known so long........
Old 08-23-2002, 04:18 PM
GreekChat Member

JAM: It seems like there are a lot of women from your town who go through recruitment every year. Were any looking into your daughter's sorority?
Old 08-23-2002, 04:27 PM

JAM, this may be the best post I have EVER read online. Anywhere. Period. Better than Usenet, better than stuff over at the Smoking Gun, better than the wonderful world of snark at TWoP. Have you thought about a career in comedy? I bet you could go on a national campus tour and become famous!

As for what I've "heard" well, I don't know if I should share. Okay, I will. Apparently there were two surprise colonizations this week at LSU, both Alpha Alpha Alpha Beta and Zeta Beta Kappa Omega. The amazingly wealthy and supportive alumnae built each chapter a mansion, put on a full-frills recruitment that could not be topped by Hollywood or reality television, and took in new member classes of 375 and 402 women respectively. Both the CIAs and FBIs are expected to take quota easily and snap bid to total. PNMs are eating and power-drinking triple thick chocolate shakes with a passion now, just in case CIA and FBI would reconsider them. I haven't heard about Tau Tau other than they had to consider cutting those women who wore *any* form of Tiffany jewelry for later rounds. It was sad, but important to maintain their longstanding traditions of sisterhood.

Seriously, I don't know a thing about LSU unless you catch me on a day my Wildcats are playing ya'll I'm betting the truths are in these: total was dropped to 199, the bit about Miller Hall being the place to be (don't laugh if I'm totally wrong) and 10 NPC chapters at LSU?

Christin
Old 08-23-2002, 05:05 PM

Christin, from what I have learned about LSU, I think you are right, except there would NEVER be a chapter there with three Alpha's in it.
Old 08-23-2002, 06:08 PM

Oh, I know that...why do you think I chose that particular ficticious name When did the last 'Alpha' chapter give up it's charter at LSU? Does anyone know?

Christin
Old 08-23-2002, 06:49 PM

JAM - ROTFLMAO
Old 08-23-2002, 06:56 PM
GreekChat Member

ROFLMAO!!! You GUYS!!! SOOOOOOO FUNNY!

The ALPHA syndrom
Mosquito spray
Mansions TOO, TOO FUNNY!
AOII Alum NOTED-
. I haven't heard about Tau Tau other than they had to consider cutting those women who wore *any* form of Tiffany jewelry for later rounds. It was sad, but important to maintain their longstanding traditions of sisterhood. Too true, (sigh) too true!

MoxieGrrl, We only have 3 HS in our area that tend to feed into recruitment. Two in particular are comprised of kids from the Catholic school and one public Junior High. My kids were really active in sports, leadership and artsy activities, so you get to know the whole spectrum. Plus, they are so close in age friendships overlap. Next year will be my last though...

I don't know where the local girls stand. For the most part, they are nice girls. As usual, many are legacies and went in thinking it was a done deal. I do know mine has her eye on two lovelies in particular.
Old 08-23-2002, 08:44 PM

Thumbs up

JAM, you crack me up! Tau Taus???? LOL
Old 08-23-2002, 08:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Can you all explain, please? I don't get the jokes and I SO want to!