GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 936
1 members and 935 guests
Titchou

Old 03-07-2002, 04:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to dgpparagon
Preparing Rush Booklets

I have chartered a new colony at my school. I do have questions about the informational booklet or rush booklet. Does anyone have any ideas about preparing the pamplets for interested members. Also, about preparing an infotmation packet for interested girls

Last edited by dgpparagon; 03-09-2002 at 03:50 PM.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 03-07-2002, 04:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Well, if it's okay to make assumptions I'm going to assume that as a colony you may not have the funds of an established chapter.

I know that in my own experience I was far more impressed by the houses that had rush brochures that were more than just folders with sheets of information. It's definetly not something that makes or breaks a house, but for example, my houses rush brocure was in the form of a small (4X6) spiral bound note book. (think note pads like you would for a newpaper reporter from the fifties...that's probably the best way to describe it) Inside there were individual pages (about 10-12 in total) that described various aspects of greek life. Each had pictures and covered things like social, intramurals, scholarship, Philanthropy, and some had info about several of our members that had earned recognition on campus.

Obviously getting something like this made cost a lot - and we were lucky to find some recent graduates of Nebraska who were setting up their design firm and so they offered to do as a way to spread their name. We also got the printing costs donated - a lot of companies will donate things as a tax write off.

I hope this helped.
Old 03-08-2002, 11:15 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to LeslieAGD
Last year as a Rho Chi, I designed our campus' sorority recruitment manual. It included:
  • Welcome letters from the Panhel VP-R, Panhel Prez, Greek Advisor, and Dean of Students
  • Greek Lingo page and Benefits of Greek Life page
  • Recruitment rules, PNM Bill of Rights, and Recruitment Tips
  • A break down of each days' events and a place to write down their impressions
  • Suggested conversation page and a Did You Know page
  • And then each sorority gets one page to welcome the PNMs and give all their facts (nickname, colors, symbol, etc.)

If you are doing a pamphlet about just your organization, you will probably want to include your purpose, your sorority facts (founding info, indiv. chapter name, nickname, colors, etc), info about your scholarship program and philanthropy, info about your involvement in the Greek Community, lots of pictures, and maybe a page of fun facts about your organization.

Hope this helps!
Old 03-08-2002, 12:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Wow!

At my school there was no Panhel-sponsored books (I guess it's easy enough to keep track of five groups without one). At third party the chapters gave out brochures the girls could keep, outlining finances and giving basic facts (colors, year founded, etc.) All five houses just did double-sided basic black printing on 8 1/2 x 11 paper, trifolded to make a brochure.

So I guess the most important thing is to find out what is standard at your school. Like there was no point to spending more where I went, but it sounds like those brochures would be laughed off campus other places!