GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,123
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zsamulpitt5293
» Online Users: 1,046
2 members and 1,044 guests
LaneSig, PGD-GRAD

Old 11-16-2014, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPhil View Post
@ Nanners: Her at least appearing not to care does not translate to it being okay for GCers to post something with her real name.

And if GCers have so much contact with misscherrypie outside of GC, why is this being handled in this thread rather than outside of GC?

ETA: Thanks, DeltaBetaBaby. Some people don't care about being banned so, either way, I just think it is best to not put someone on blast unless we are creating an environment in which any GCers' identities can be posted just because they piss off the wrong GCer(s) or lurker(s).
I have no contact with MCP outside of GC. It took no time, effort, or stalking to find her real identity because she has plastered her whole life on GC and one link links to another and so on. I would never reach out to her outside of GC.

I completely agree that anonymity is sacred. That being said, being called out as a liar by MCP pushed my buttons, especially when the proof was right there where she led me. Plus, she needed to know that desperate, psychotic perping is dangerous business that will be discovered.

As for the backstory and why I showed particular interest, I have no desire to be cruel to MCP. Her posting history has always struck me as bizarre and desperate, but also naive. She exhibits serious attention-seeking behavior. Despite my reactions to her posts, it was really not my concern until she started posting clues that led me to believe she was going to attempt to AI, or even to perp as an alumna. Since my group is colonizing at her alma mater, in her current town, I took a personal interest. Then when I saw her reaching out to a known perp, I decided to post. Jacki the Perp posed an actual danger to collegiate members of a sorority. Why would MCP know that and still desire friendship with her? I wasn't taking a chance. You might not agree with how I handled it.
Old 11-17-2014, 07:42 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishpipes View Post

... I have no desire to be cruel to MCP. Her posting history has always struck me as bizarre and desperate, but also naive. She exhibits serious attention-seeking behavior.
I agree. There have been a few times where I tried to help her too.

Last edited by sigmadiva; 11-17-2014 at 07:43 AM. Reason: forgot a letter
Old 11-17-2014, 08:03 AM
GreekChat Member

Y'all are all weird.
Old 11-17-2014, 12:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I have no contact with MCP outside of GC. It took no time, effort, or stalking to find her real identity because she has plastered her whole life on GC and one link links to another and so on. I would never reach out to her outside of GC.

I completely agree that anonymity is sacred. That being said, being called out as a liar by MCP pushed my buttons, especially when the proof was right there where she led me. Plus, she needed to know that desperate, psychotic perping is dangerous business that will be discovered.

As for the backstory and why I showed particular interest, I have no desire to be cruel to MCP. Her posting history has always struck me as bizarre and desperate, but also naive. She exhibits serious attention-seeking behavior. Despite my reactions to her posts, it was really not my concern until she started posting clues that led me to believe she was going to attempt to AI, or even to perp as an alumna. Since my group is colonizing at her alma mater, in her current town, I took a personal interest. Then when I saw her reaching out to a known perp, I decided to post. Jacki the Perp posed an actual danger to collegiate members of a sorority. Why would MCP know that and still desire friendship with her? I wasn't taking a chance. You might not agree with how I handled it.
Aren't both MCP and Jacki members of the same organization? MCP may not even be aware of the whole "Jacki is a perp" backstory thing. And even if she was, she's allowed to friend members of her organization without waiting for permission from Greekchat.

If you are seriously concerned about AI or perping during colonization, just give your colonization team a heads up.
Old 11-17-2014, 12:27 PM
Super Moderator

KDCat, check upthread. MCP knows full well what Jacki did.
Old 11-17-2014, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDCat View Post
Aren't both MCP and Jacki members of the same organization? MCP may not even be aware of the whole "Jacki is a perp" backstory thing. And even if she was, she's allowed to friend members of her organization without waiting for permission from Greekchat.

If you are seriously concerned about AI or perping during colonization, just give your colonization team a heads up.

On July 13 MCP posted in this thread inquiring about Jacki the Perp. That would indicate that she read this thread and knows about the backstory. This thread IS the backstory.

My posts considered the totality of MCP's posts on GC. To summarize:
* Displays attention-seeking behavior by over-sharing on the internet
* Displays desire to pledge NPC sorority as a second semester senior at her school
* Recruitment is unsuccessful
* Starts a new chapter of Beta Sigma Phi at her school. Apparently spends a great deal of her own money. Seems to want BSP to operate as an NPC sorority.
* Posts her graduation photos on GC
* Links to her blog containing her real name
* Joins SAEPi interest group but graduates before initiation
* Posts in several threads concerning AI and alumnae perping.
* Starts a thread asking how she can volunteer for an NPC chapter without being a member
* Many posts hint at a plan or thought process leading to potential perping or AI through the back door. Overall sense of desperation from some posts.
* Reads this psychotic thread about a potentially dangerous perp who has violated a restraining order regarding a collegiate NPC sorority
* Immediately friends this perp

Yes, they are both members of BSP. However, they live in completely different parts of the country (Jacki the Perp - Alabama, MCP - Nevada). Why would a person friend someone they have no history with, and have little chance of ever meeting, AFTER knowing that person is a total psycho? I think she empathizes with The Perp at best, or wants to emulate her at worst.

Of course it's a free country and you are absolutely correct that she can friend who she wants without permission. However, MCP denied friending her and insisted that she doesn't friend people who perp.

Again, maybe you would have handled it differently. As someone else suggested, this was a little of a tough love type situation. I felt I needed to post in order to shut down the ideas MCP had and to dissuade others who may read it.

The appropriate people have been notified in my organization. The funny thing is, they already knew about her.
Old 11-17-2014, 01:05 PM
GreekChat Member

This might be nit-picking: from what I recall (based on her posts, which I am not going to search for now), MCP went through formal twice, informal once, and also went through MCG recruitment unsuccessfully.

I think that this is a very sad situation in many regards. Not judging. I am saying that in this instance, "tough love" was probably way overdue. I do have compassion for MCP. We all have had to let go of dreams. It's long past time for her to move on.
Old 11-17-2014, 03:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
they already knew about her.
That's pretty scary. I wonder how many other sororities have this information?
Old 11-17-2014, 03:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dukemama View Post
I really hope that no one answers this question. Seems kind of like pouring salt into the wound. Hopefully MCP will just finally move on.
Old 11-17-2014, 04:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I wonder how many other sororities have this information?
While my intention was to ask this as a rhetorical question, I could see it being interpreted as "digging for dirt". My apologies.
Old 11-17-2014, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetalady View Post
I really hope that no one answers this question. Seems kind of like pouring salt into the wound. Hopefully MCP will just finally move on.
You would be surprised by how many national organizations have at least one person on staff who checks out GC on a regular basis.

I'll support the RedWolves, but in my heart I'll always be an ASU Indian. Go Tribe! (1931-2008)
Old 11-17-2014, 08:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Ehhhh, time and effort or not, backstory or not, I'd be pretty upset if, in this day and age, someone posted a screengrab from my fb page, even though several members including those who are "big squirrels" know my real identity.

I'm not usually one who cautions against going too far but I urge us all to drop it. MCP isn't perping that we know of, if she's being less than forthcoming about who she's FB friends with (REALLY? We're gonna get shitty about facebook friending now?), that's her business.
Old 11-17-2014, 08:54 PM
GreekChat Member

It's more than that if you read all the posts....and we didn't want her to get "taken in" by the perp.
Old 11-17-2014, 08:59 PM
GreekChat Member

I know that, completely understood, but it seems she knows full well what's going on, or at least we're all assuming she does - she's not a member of any of our organizations, it's not worth doxxing her just to make sure she's not facebook friends with a nutter.

ETA: Better to make sure that if it's a potential AI situation and you want your voice heard, that you do that privately within your own organization, rather than doxxing her on an open forum. As we always say, membership selection should be happening behind closed doors...

Last edited by agzg; 11-17-2014 at 09:05 PM.
Old 11-17-2014, 10:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by misscherrypie View Post
Is there a role for alumna of a particular college or university to assist Panhellenic or individual chapters without being an alumna of the Panhellenic or any of the sororities?

If not (which I suspect is the case) are there organizations that focus on working with collegiate women to achieve similar aims (leadership development, friendship, mutual support, scholarship, service) to those that we've found and developed through being sorority women?

Thanks.
She started a thread in September asking how to work with college Panhellenic when one is not a sorority member. And now she's befriending someone who's successfully and skillfully repeatedly perped. It's totally understandable why she's being called out on it. I'd be more surprised if no one said anything.