GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,126
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, babobygooglet93
» Online Users: 1,875
0 members and 1,875 guests
No Members online

Old 06-27-2000, 10:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Amen....Icytre.... Amen
Old 06-28-2000, 12:14 AM
ASTsnr

Angry

prettygyrl,

I am going to try and put this in the nicest way possible, but i don't think it is giong to work. The only reason we have wglo's and bglo's is because of poeple like you, who have the same simpleminded feeble brain. I am not saying black people, I am saying simpletons. Think about it, back in the day if the white people had not been so...how can I put it....stupid, we would not have ever had racism. I don't know about anyone else...and I am strictly speaking for myself, not my sisters, but I am so sick of white this and black this. When is it going to stop, oh what am I thinking, there are still people like you who think it has to be a white thing or a black thing...its getting old. As long as there are still shallow people out there it is never going to stop. Thats sad...
Old 06-30-2000, 07:11 AM
GreekChat Member

thanks deltabrat!

prettygyrl......i think that you have misunderstood what i meant. i never said anything about the crime being less. i meant the pain being less. actually it hurts more when another black person does something against me. it's like if you compare a street person vs a family member. if a family member does something messed up--i think it takes your breath away for a moment because you don't expect that vs someone from the street.
Old 06-30-2000, 07:26 AM
GreekChat Member

pretty gyrl.......i brought up the topic about racial crimes because in a previous post you were talking about slavery and how you felt as a result. my point is that despite what has happened to my grandmother and close friends, i don't have a problem with BLACK MEN in general because i am able to separate the the good from the bad. in alot of cases you (we as people) have to think about things on a situational basis. i am not saying that you don't because i don't know your train of thought but your post does make alot of implications. and before you get your feathers ruffled :NO......WITH REGARDS TO RACIAL ISSUES I DON'T THINK EVERY THING IS OK. but i can't let that consume me because i have a responsibility to those that depend on me both living and past to be the best that i can be which involves making sure that i am prepared education wise and financially to meet the challenges as they come my way.
Old 06-30-2000, 01:05 PM
GreekChat Member

actually, if you want to be technical, the "Native Amerians" were nomads that came here from Asia. And the, if you don't like it go back to your own country thing doesn't work because:

1) people came here from other countries for a reason, it sucks there! whether it was poverty, overpopulation, tyranny, or whatever

2) nobody should have to leave because we didn't decide to come here, our ancestors decided for us, or someone elses ancestors did!

------------------
-------------------------
Steve Corbin
Lambda Chi Alpha
Theta Kappa Zeta Chapter
Ros-Hulman Inst. of Tech.
Old 07-01-2000, 12:16 AM
GreekChat Member

Angry

Bottom line is when the term "Go back to your own country," comes about, no one should be left here but Native Americans.

They should be the real pissed off nationality. One, because they did not ask any of us to come here. And two, because they fell for the trickery of the white mans promises "treaty." I bet if the Native Americans had it to do all over again, they would have told Chris Columbus and all of his boys to keep their food and go.

Just a little history note.

Pinkice

[This message has been edited by pinkice9 (edited June 30, 2000).]
Old 07-01-2000, 12:35 AM
GreekChat Member

pinkice 9...........i know thats right (lol)
Old 07-01-2000, 08:28 AM
GreekChat Member

Question

Excuse me consideration,
How can you tell prettygyl not to post here when you are not even registered?