GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Locals
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,428
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, baangelasteaxdy
» Online Users: 2,237
2 members and 2,235 guests
Sen's Revenge

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-15-2014, 11:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Exclamation Please help!

Fall of 2012 I rushed a NPC sorority. I was an initiate member for a semester untill due to a personal family crisis, I took a break off of school for a year. In the time i was gone i needed my sisters and only a few were there for me. Now im back in the same school but I feel like my chapter changed so much. I hardly recognize some of my sisters. I feel as if sisterhood has gone down the drain. I tried reaching out to the new chapter president to see what I could do to be back in good standing but my attempts were ignored multiple times. After a couple months she finally got back to me and said she was going to consult our chapter advisor to see what they could do for me. At that point I was seriously considering deassociation. I love my sorority, our values, and everything we used to represent. I cant think of being in school and not being part of greek life. I know joining another npc or nphc is out of the question and there isnt much else to choose from. My question is if its possible for a group of ladies and I to start a local sorority and later expand into NPC? We do not want to remain a local for long due to the fact that our university doesnt recongnize sororities that arent planning to be part of a national. What are my options? Are there other national groups? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance

P.s. sorry if its alot to read. I want to be as detailed as possible to get the best advice.