GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,468
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, dizzycmaarleyy5
» Online Users: 2,270
2 members and 2,268 guests
navane

Old 08-31-2015, 08:07 AM
GreekChat Member

I can't believe the case of the stupids my husband has had the past two months. He is lucky he and our eldest aren't seriously injured. Praying September is better.

ΒΣΦ
Louisiana Preceptor Pi -Exemplar
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-31-2015, 10:47 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrozen Sands View Post
Hahahahaha! What's the matter, CG? Michigan getting to you? Lol.

More seriously, how's your mil doing?
How are you? Have you escaped from Michigan yet?
Old 09-01-2015, 02:23 AM
GreekChat Member

I'm tired, I'm not feeling my best, I'm irritable, and I'm pretty ticked at my boss.. all in all just a normal Monday at my job.

Θ Φ Α

Old 09-01-2015, 09:49 AM
GreekChat Member

*sigh* This is the first year EVER that I have personally known a PNM going to college, at the school at I advise at too! She wants to go greek. Mom doesn't want her to - at least, "not this year." Using some garbage excuse of using her freshman year to meet people instead. Annoys the snot out of me when non-greek parents have bad information, bad advise, and piss poor reasons for holding your young adult child back from spreading their wings. Cut the chord, mom. Quit being a 'copter parent, and let her make adult decisions for herself.

Mom is in my sunday school class at church. I volunteer with the middle and high school kids there which is how I know the 'almost-PNM' ... if she can convince mom to "allow her" to go through recruitment. UGH. I don't even care if she goes AXiD. Just go Greek for goodness sake. There are too many benefits NOT too and it's stupid to lose a whole year worth of experience and memories.

My personal experience... I didn't know anyone, do anything my first semester in school. I didnt have any clubs that were worthwhile enough that it forced me to get out and about and meet more than just the people IN THAT CLUB. Mom wants her to meet people but is holding her back from the biggest opportunity to do so.... There's still hope as recruitment is next week, but I'm not holding my breath. Ugh.
Old 09-01-2015, 02:53 PM
GreekChat Member

To the co-worker vomiting in the bathroom. If it's flu or food poisoning, go home. If it's an eating disorder, get help. If it's morning sickness, and I hope it is, we are going to have endless entertainment for the next nine months.

Old 09-03-2015, 10:58 AM
GreekChat Member

I noticed this in the Badge Trends thread: NutBrnHair is banned?? I think that must be a mistake during spam cleanup.
Old 09-03-2015, 11:54 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellfish View Post
I noticed this in the Badge Trends thread: NutBrnHair is banned?? I think that must be a mistake during spam cleanup.
What in the world? I don't always agree with her, but I can't imagine her doing anything ban-worthy.
Old 09-03-2015, 06:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Shutterfly has the worst customer service on the planet.
Old 09-03-2015, 06:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to sigmagirl2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by luv n tpa View Post
Shutterfly has the worst customer service on the planet.
Seriously? I get free stuff from them all the time?

::: waiting for someone to post in Irishpipes 2013-2014 chapter listing thread that quota was .25 ::: - ASTalumna06
Old 09-03-2015, 08:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigmagirl2000 View Post
Seriously? I get free stuff from them all the time?
I ordered a photobook a month ago, and it still isn't out of production. I've been told it's a quality issue with the cover; the issue has been "escalated" to "high priority" for two weeks with no results. I offered to change the design on the cover, change to a different finish, etc etc. No avail. They disregarded that I absolutely needed it last Saturday, and they won't give me a refund.

Using Social Print Studio from now on.
Old 09-05-2015, 11:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv n tpa View Post
They disregarded that I absolutely needed it last Saturday, and they won't give me a refund.
I assume that you used your credit or debit card to purchase? If so, contact your bank or credit card holder and dispute the charge on the basis that you never received the product.
Old 09-07-2015, 08:33 AM
GreekChat Member

What kind of idiot asks if you can watch his dog for the night and doesn't mention the dog is having trouble with fleas??? Then one night become two nights. I am beyond livid and will never ever ever dog sit for him again. Praying Charlie doesn't get fleas..I use preventative, but also praying my house doesn't become hopelessly infested. So mad!!!!!
Old 09-07-2015, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGDee View Post
What kind of idiot asks if you can watch his dog for the night and doesn't mention the dog is having trouble with fleas??? Then one night become two nights. I am beyond livid and will never ever ever dog sit for him again. Praying Charlie doesn't get fleas..I use preventative, but also praying my house doesn't become hopelessly infested. So mad!!!!!
There are so many things wrong with this I can't even list them all. Fingers crossed you don't get infested. If you do, he should pay for remediation. Not cool.
Old 09-07-2015, 10:02 AM
GreekChat Member

This was in my FB feed this morning. How to treat kids with helicopter parents is becoming a real issue on college campuses for mental health care providers.

http://newsinfo.iu.edu/web/page/normal/6073.html
Old 09-07-2015, 10:39 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianaSigKap View Post
This was in my FB feed this morning. How to treat kids with helicopter parents is becoming a real issue on college campuses for mental health care providers.

http://newsinfo.iu.edu/web/page/normal/6073.html
I was just discussing with a friend yesterday about preparing for rush. She has not been involved since graduation and had no idea how it has changed. She told me about a friend whose daughter went to Penn and dropped out of rush when it didn't go perfectly, and it practically ruined the girl. She was completely devastated at things not having gone perfectly. Now how much of that was due to helicoptering and how much just entitlement I can't say. But I can't help but think this is part of the rush problem.