GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Entertainment

Entertainment TV, movies, music, books, sports, radio...

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,158
0 members and 1,158 guests
No Members online

Old 02-09-2012, 06:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cen1aur 1963 View Post
Have you at least seen any of the movies?
My mom loves Harry Potter, so I watched the first one she has on dvd with her. I think I fell asleep like, 45 minutes into it. I got to the part where they were flying around on brooms which wasn't interesting, to me. I just don't get into the whole Harry Potter/Twilight thing. It doesn't interest me. I mean, if you like it that's okay, it's just not what I find interesting, that's all. I mean, I read a lot of Stephen Hawking books, and mainly books about astronomy, physics, paleontology, ecology, chemistry, biology/astrobiology, etc. and dollhouse books -that kind of thing. For movies, I enjoy scary movies, and some SciFi movies. To each its own, I guess.
Trump For Prison 2024-2084 MAGA!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 02-10-2012, 01:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPhil View Post
Harry Potter does not interest me and I have not read the books or watched more than 15 minutes of a movie. Twilight does not interest me and I have not read the books or watched more than 15 minutes of a movie. I like "the Harry Potter guy" because I DO think it is a cool concept. I do NOT like the Twilight concept because it is a disservice to vampires and werewolves everywhere.

Cen1aur1963, I am sure there are shows and movies that do not interest you although you have not read the books or watched an entire episode or movie.

There.
I was fuckin with her. But I did want to see if she checked out any of the movies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerfulgreek View Post
My mom loves Harry Potter, so I watched the first one she has on dvd with her. I think I fell asleep like, 45 minutes into it. I got to the part where they were flying around on brooms which wasn't interesting, to me. I just don't get into the whole Harry Potter/Twilight thing. It doesn't interest me. I mean, if you like it that's okay, it's just not what I find interesting, that's all. I mean, I read a lot of Stephen Hawking books, and mainly books about astronomy, physics, paleontology, ecology, chemistry, biology/astrobiology, etc. and dollhouse books -that kind of thing. For movies, I enjoy scary movies, and some SciFi movies. To each its own, I guess.
It's all good, I was fuckin with you. I feel you, though. I liked the movies and the book. I haven't seen any of the Twilight movies or read any of the books. Just based on some of the things I know about it, it sounds like it's directed towards a younger "teen" type of crowd.

Speaking of movies, tonight, my girl and I are going to check out Star Wars The Phantom Menace. It's in 3D too. Should be cool to watch.
Old 02-10-2012, 06:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Star Wars The Phantom Menace..
This! Except for the 3D. I don't like 3D. Definitely seeing this, though.
Old 02-10-2012, 09:59 PM
Banned

Woman in Black was a good movie. It was not a horror movie in the sense that I categorize horror. It was a dark and suspenseful movie. Gloomy. It was predictable.
Old 02-11-2012, 12:50 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticCat View Post
{I will not comment I will not comment I will not comment}

ETA:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPhil View Post
I do NOT like the Twilight concept because it is a disservice to vampires and werewolves everywhere.

"My dreams have become letters." ~christiangirl

Last edited by christiangirl; 02-11-2012 at 12:53 AM.
Old 02-11-2012, 09:30 PM
GreekChat Member

We saw The Descendants today. I thought it was pretty good, although it dragged a bit in the middle. Shailene Woodley was great in it.
Old 02-13-2012, 04:11 PM
Banned

Star Wars was the shit. Trips me out how the same movie can feel like an entirely different movie.
Old 02-13-2012, 04:21 PM
GreekChat Member

I really need to see Star Wars 3D, just don't have the time to go to the movies for the next 2 weeks
Old 02-13-2012, 04:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulip86 View Post
I really need to see Star Wars 3D, just don't have the time to go to the movies for the next 2 weeks
It will still be out I'm thinking. It was good.
Old 02-14-2012, 01:24 PM
Banned

I'm looking forward to seeing "Think like a man" and "Good Deeds".
Old 02-14-2012, 01:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Saw "Safe House" on Sunday. It wasn't the best movie in the world, but what action flick is? I do love a good, intense Denzel movie, though. No one can do a half dead stumble intent or walk down the hall killing while looking straight forward with the thousand yard stare like he can. I never miss a Denzel action movie, and it did not disappoint.

AOII

One Motto, One Badge, One Bond and Singleness of Heart!

Old 02-15-2012, 03:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AOII Angel View Post
Saw "Safe House" on Sunday. It wasn't the best movie in the world, but what action flick is? I do love a good, intense Denzel movie, though. No one can do a half dead stumble intent or walk down the hall killing while looking straight forward with the thousand yard stare like he can. I never miss a Denzel action movie, and it did not disappoint.
I saw it too. Saw it last night, and yeah, it was off the hook.
Old 02-16-2012, 06:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Safe House was awesome. I mean, what Denzel Washington movie isn't awesome? I gave it 5 stars. I decided against Star Wars. I mean, after thinking about it, I really didn't want to see the same movie, just in 3D. I don't like 3D movies anyway. Oh, and then they're bringing The Titanic back. The same movie from 1997, but in 3D. I mean, it's 2012, so I know why they're bringing it back, but I won't be seeing it.
Old 02-17-2012, 01:19 PM
Banned

Went to check out "The Grey" last night. That was a good ass movie. Those wolves tripped me the hell out.
Old 02-17-2012, 04:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Went to check out "The Grey" last night. That was a good ass movie. Those wolves tripped me the hell out.
You liked that movie? Really? I mean, it was okay, I guess. It was kind of predictable, to me. Plus, some of the things they said about the wolves weren't true, but that's just me being me.