GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Social

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,125
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, PiperJarma
» Online Users: 1,768
1 members and 1,767 guests
Cookiez17

Old 12-22-2007, 10:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Last semester we had a combination social/service activity with a fraternity - we had a Senior Citizen's Prom at the local Sr. Citizen's Center! It was SOOO cute - we all went and dressed up, and so did the guys and we worked with the director of the center to plan events for the senior citizens to enjoy. We have also done a hay ride and corn maze around Halloween which was really fun. We've also paired with a fraternity and "adopted" a family for Christmas. I think we did this through a local charity, and we went Xmas Shopping for a family and donated the gifts. We've also done dry dinners at fraternity houses where we've made dinner together and had a dance. Hmmm... I'm trying to keep thinking, but those are the ones sI remember off the top of my head. Hope that helps!
Old 01-29-2008, 11:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to tanzera
Quote:
Originally Posted by SexySquirrel View Post
We did a rootbeer party. We had two kegs of rootbeer. There was a rootbeer float "bar" and rootbeer pong. We watched Old School together. It was super fun.
This is probably a dumb question but where do you get a keg of rootbeer? This idea sounds really fun.
Old 02-21-2008, 11:36 AM
GreekChat Member

Haunted Tour of the campus

One of the best socials that I was part of was a haunted tour of our campus. We did this with one of our local sororities and we all had a blast.

Our social chairman wore a nice suit and a devil's mask with a plastic pitchfork to fit the theme. We then toured the campus and heard all the ghost stories. This worked really good for us because we have a lot of activity on our campus.

If your campus doesn't have any crazy ghost stories there are many websites that have lots of information you could reference and find some local sites!

Old 02-22-2008, 01:09 PM
GreekChat Member

A few ideas that I have that havent been mentioned are:

1.) Paintball
2.) Laser tag

3.) Maize maze - which is a cornstalk field that has been developed into a maze for people to find their way through it. this is one located in lancaster, pa but if you you type maize maze into google their are lots of websites that pop-up and there are usually a couple other things to do there as well. to complete the total maze finding all the check points usually takes at least two hours you could divide up into groups of four or so and work your way through the maze.

http://www.cherrycrestfarm.com/cornmaze.asp

All of these of course depend on the amount of money and resources you have available to your chapter
Old 02-23-2008, 08:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to haywoodjackson Send a message via AIM to haywoodjackson Send a message via MSN to haywoodjackson Send a message via Yahoo to haywoodjackson
I say, why not a HALO 3 tournament social for those video game junkies! Can establish a network of people from different areas of the campus. Also, could think about a intellectual conversation over different theories.
#4 Short Circuit
Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc
Omicron Xi Lambda Chapter
Prince Hall Affiliated Free & Accepted MASON
Old 02-25-2008, 01:03 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to maxdielr Send a message via Yahoo to maxdielr
we also don't drink in events
las semester we did scavenger hunt over forth work as part of rush and was realy fun
other events we had done is
video game nigth
icecram social
girl/boys nigth out- who has the most fun with out spending any money
karaoke was so much fun
going to clubs
board and twister nigth
pizza nigth
Old 02-25-2008, 01:28 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue77 View Post
One of the best socials that I was part of was a haunted tour of our campus. We did this with one of our local sororities and we all had a blast.

Our social chairman wore a nice suit and a devil's mask with a plastic pitchfork to fit the theme. We then toured the campus and heard all the ghost stories. This worked really good for us because we have a lot of activity on our campus.

If your campus doesn't have any crazy ghost stories there are many websites that have lots of information you could reference and find some local sites!

May I ask where these websites are? I'm dying to find out about any activity on my campus.
Old 03-04-2008, 05:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Stuffed animal dodgeball

it is hillarious and you really dont have to worry about getting hurt.

-get a big room, set up a couple of forts for people to hide in, if they want to, then just launch stuffed animals at each other. works best with a bunch of people.

no alcohol is needed for this event.
Old 03-06-2008, 12:47 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiMuGirl07 View Post
You can do powderpuff football
Broom ball
A Broom ball game at our social on Friday resulted in 2 trips to the ER, two broken bones, and one surgery.

Ice Skating=Bad Idea
Old 07-27-2008, 04:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kappamd View Post
A Broom ball game at our social on Friday resulted in 2 trips to the ER, two broken bones, and one surgery.

Ice Skating=Bad Idea

Oh I'm very sorry to hear that!
Old 08-05-2008, 04:10 PM

we did a "Murder Mystery Party": before the party, everyone was given a card with their character in it and one person was the murderer. You came dressed in costume and tried to figure out how the murderer was. It was lots of fun, really silly, but cute.

I, sadly, got killed pretty early.
Old 08-05-2008, 08:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Cocaine Buffet...

no alcohol involved.
Overall, though, it's the bigness of the car that counts the most. Because when something bad happens in a really big car – accidentally speeding through the middle of a gang of unruly young people who have been taunting you in a drive-in restaurant, for instance – it happens very far away – way out at the end of your fenders. It's like a civil war in Africa; you know, it doesn't really concern you too much. - P.J. O'Rourke
Old 02-23-2010, 02:44 AM
GreekChat Member

Do a High Ropes Course
Old 03-08-2010, 08:03 PM
GreekChat Member

another idea is have a event called flemingo football... the boys tie there feet together and play against the girls in a flag football game its really funny to watch and fun to play
Old 05-18-2010, 10:37 AM
GreekChat Member

"Rocky Horror Picture Show" is a fun movie event...