GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Gamma > Gamma Phi Beta

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,125
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, PiperJarma
» Online Users: 1,705
1 members and 1,704 guests
PGD-GRAD

Old 09-07-2013, 12:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Question Reinstatement

Hey guys, I just had a question about membership reinstatement. I was initiated into gamma phi beta last year, but due to financial issues I had to disaffiliate
I have been EXTREMELY upset about not being a sister anymore and I absolutely love gamma phi beta. After a while of seeing how unhappy I was with the situation, my mom agreed to help me with paying my dues if I were to rejoin. After talking to headquarters I was told that you have to wait 2 years until you can get your membership reinstated. I was just wondering if anybody has known anyone who has been able to get their membership reinstated without waiting the two years? Is there anything I can do to get my membership back now? I am so bummed about this entire situation and I just want to be a part of my amazing sisterhood again.
Old 09-07-2013, 02:32 PM
GreekChat Member

I am very sorry to hear about your situation. Giving up your membership for financial reasons is especially difficult, since your heart was still in it. You will need to follow the guidance and procedures you've been given by IH. I would suggest speaking to your chapter advisor. It would help to have supportive, local sisters on your side in this process. I don't know anyone personally who has had their membership reinstated, period. I don't think there's any possibility of changing the policy...it's likely you will need to wait out the two years.