GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Risk Management - Hazing & etc.

Risk Management - Hazing & etc. This forum covers Risk Management topics such as: Hazing, Alcohol Abuse/Awareness, Date Rape Awareness, Eating Disorder Prevention, Liability, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,045
Threads: 115,496
Welcome to our newest member, zamanthatopo447
» Online Users: 1,406
3 members and 1,403 guests
JayhawkAOII, Low D Flat

Old 01-09-2019, 04:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Baylor is a fine university that has suffered from recent failures in its leadership, which I hope have been remedied with its new president. Baylor will be okay.

Waco, however, never really recovered after being leveled by an F5 tornado in 1953. I grew up in Dallas. Other than a childhood friend who decided to join Baylor's faculty after graduating college, I have never known of anyone who decided to move permanently to Waco. I have known plenty of people who grew up in Waco and moved away for better career opportunities.

It has been difficult for Waco to shake its well deserved image for backwardness. This incident doesn't help.

Last edited by PhilTau; 01-10-2019 at 01:46 PM.
Old 01-09-2019, 07:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
District Attorneys are almost never held accountable by their Bar Associations. Judges are very rarely disciplined. The victim cannot sue the D.A., prosecuting attorneys are immune to civil suits. McLennan County's voters have to hold these individuals accountable. I keep coming back to this A.D.A.'s rationale here. Totally unacceptable. If she loses her next murder trial, is she going to plead all of her murders out as simple assault?

Thank you. I was wondering what recourse the victim might have, if any. What a disappointing situation all around.

True and Constant
Old 01-09-2019, 07:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Earp View Post
Remember one thing, this is Texas!

They do it their way and the hell with the rest of the world! Men are men and women are second class citizens and should be in the bed room or the kitchen!

2 things to do in Texas, make babies and play foot ball!
Bless your ignorant heart.
Old 01-10-2019, 12:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by homeward*bound View Post
Bless your ignorant heart.

:

Thought someone might get a kick out of Sarcasm, DA! Hard to do in printing!!

BTW, thank you for the Blessing ya'll!

LX Z # 1
Alumni
Old 01-11-2019, 01:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Oh crap - Approximately 10 years ago, my nephew pledged/joined this fraternity his freshman year at Baylor and then immediately left Baylor. I do recall that his family did not know he pledged until after pledging (and all that entails) was over. At that time, this group was conducting "secret pledging" or at least that's what I was told.

I know very little about this organization. I'm posting this because Baylor may have a hard time getting rid of this group. Here's why:

"Tryon Coterie affiliated with Phi Delta Theta in 1977 and is now part of the Texas Lambda Chapter of Phi Delta Theta. The fraternity chapter to this day models itself as Phi Delta Theta-The Tryon Coterie , making it unique among Phi Delt chapters nationwide. * * *"

"The Tryon Coterie is the oldest of Baylor University’s men’s social clubs. It was named after one of Baylor University’s three founders, Reverend William Milton Tryon. A minister in the Southern Baptist Convention, and Confederate chaplain. The word Coterie was chosen as it represents a "Gathering of Friends"."

"In 1976-1977 Tryon Coterie converted to Phi Delta Theta, as many of the fraternities began to transfer from Local to National names, however continues to use its original name, known as Phi Delta Theta-The Tryon Coterie. * * *"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tryon_Coterie