GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,452
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, saphqueen
» Online Users: 2,162
1 members and 2,161 guests
No Members online

Old 07-12-2001, 09:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to UFgirl
Talking SO EXCITED!!

I can not tell you how incredibly excited I am about rushing this fall. UF rush starts on Aug.18 with a meeting. Then round one, two, and three take place during the week. Preferentials is on Saturday the 25th, and Bid Day is on the 26th. I can't believe how truly excited I am. I have total butterflys in my stomach. Does anyone here know anything about UF rush? Do alot of the girls get bids? I'm going into this whole thing with a completely open mind, which from what I read is a good thing! I am truly willing to accept a bid from whichever place feels I fit the best in. I just want a chance to have a small part in this amazing organization which I am so passionate about. So, I would really like to know of any other UF women out there, and also from any rushees. Are you guys as excited/nervous/thrilled as I am? I would really like to know!

Peace
Love
Happiness
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 07-12-2001, 11:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking

I'm going through rush too. I'm so excited! Ours starts August 17. That's check-in and orientation. Next day is open house where I will get to meet women from all the chapters. There's gonna be 8 thirty minute events. On the third day I will visit UP TO five chapters that I liked the best (i hope I get invited back to at least 4!). The next day is appetizer day, and I'll get to see up to three chapters that I liked. The next day is preference day, and I'll get to visit 2. And Bid Daay is the sixth day of the whole ordeal. I HOPE I GET A BID!!

------------------
I-D-A-H-O
Idaho! Idaho!
Go!! Go!! Go!!
Old 07-13-2001, 12:38 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AngelPhiSig
Its so nice to see you two excited about rush! I know I was very very excited and I hope that you two end up in a great place!!!!

<3 Ali

------------------
"...A dynamic sisterhood of powerful and passionate women maintaining uncompromising principles, igniting positive change, and embracing individuality!"

Phi Sigma Sigma - Gamma Gamma Chapter
---
1-9-4-6 Doohretsis!

Tau Beta Sigma - Delta Omicron Chapter
---
Go Golden Chickens! I mean EAGLES!

There are only a few good things that came out of Clarion- Chris Kirkpatrick of NSync, Kurt Angle (Pre WWF!) and any PHI SIGMA SIGMA!
Old 07-13-2001, 01:41 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to erniegurl00 Send a message via Yahoo to erniegurl00
Arrow

I just wanted to wish the both of you good luck during rush. Just keep smiling no matter what, and you'll be fine!

------------------
"We're not good because we're old. We're old because we're good!"
Old 07-13-2001, 02:23 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to amycat412
GOOD LUCK TO BOTH OF YOU!
UF girl--you have AMAZING attitude--all rushees should have such an open mind!!

Amy
Old 07-13-2001, 08:42 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to LeslieAGD
Good luck to all of you new rushees! Keep us posted!
Old 07-13-2001, 09:42 AM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up

Good luck girls! With those positive attitudes, you'll have no problem rushing!
Old 07-13-2001, 06:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Ladies, Good Luck To Each And Everyone of you!! If you do not get the one you think you should be in give each one a chance! YOU WILL KNOW when you find it! The one You may think is right many not be the ONE!

------------------
Tom Earp LX Z#1
Pittsburg State U. (Kansas)
Old 07-13-2001, 11:22 PM

Send a message via AIM to shadokat Send a message via Yahoo to shadokat
Best of luck rushees!! We want to hear your stories, so remember to come post them once your rush experience begins. I love those posts the most

------------------
Delta Phi Epsilon, Celebrating 84 years of Dedication, Pride and Excellence!
Old 07-14-2001, 07:27 PM

I go to school at UCF and a bunch of my friends went through at UF. There are so many sororities at UF that I'm pretty sure basically everyone gets a bid. It's a loooong rush though bc of all the houses you need to attend. I have friends there who are in DPhiE, KD, Zeta, AEPhi, and Theta who all had a great time going through recruitment there!
Old 07-14-2001, 08:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Cool

I would like to thank everyone for all of their support to us rushees. We really appreciate it! Thanks for the info ZTAngel, it's helped calm my nerves a bit. Of course, I'm still totally excited!! I will definetley post all the updates when rush comes around on Aug.18. I just wish it would start tomorrow! I can't wait to be greek officially, because I feel I've always been a greek at heart!! Again, thanks for all of your kind, reassuring posts, and keep the great advice coming!!

Peace
Love
Happiness

[This message has been edited by UFgirl (edited July 14, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by UFgirl (edited July 14, 2001).]
Old 07-15-2001, 02:56 AM
GreekChat Member

Smile

UFGirl and idahovandal, I just wanted to wish you the best of luck!!!!!!!!! You guys sound awesome and I'm sure you'll get the house that you want!!!!

Have fun ok?!
Old 07-15-2001, 03:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Question

So why does UF do their recruitment that way? I was just wondering because from the info I've gathered it seems as though quotas are set based on how many people rush. Can anyone please answer my question? Oh, and I just got my rec for Kappa Kappa Gamma, and am sooooo excited. Any KKG's out there? What's KKG life like for you?

Peace
Love
Happiness
Old 07-15-2001, 03:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Wink

Good Luck Rushees!!!!!!!
Remember, don't stress. Have Fun! You will all find the house that you are meant to be in. I can't wait to hear who you have made your new family, so keep us posted on the results!
Pi Love-
TechADPI

------------------
Sisters are not like autumn leaves you find just anywhere, but sisters are like diamonds, very precious and rare!
Old 07-15-2001, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by UFgirl:
So why does UF do their recruitment that way? I was just wondering because from the info I've gathered it seems as though quotas are set based on how many people rush.
Usually that is the case, but sometimes not because a) there are too many people going through rush to fit in the actual physical houses and b) they want to keep the chapters from getting immensely large, like 250-300 people.

One of the reasons it's hard to start a new NPC group at someplace like UF is that they all have houses and if you don't you are at a REAL disadvantage. Plus there is some NPC rule that says all sororities are supposed to be fairly equal as far as resources, housing etc. I personally would rather live in a dorm or apartments and be in a sorority than be denied the chance altogether, but that is another thread. (It literally is another thread, but I couldn't find it when I searched )