GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Fraternity Recruitment

Fraternity Recruitment Recruitment event ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,129
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zavictoiajnr131
» Online Users: 1,212
3 members and 1,209 guests
lauralaylin, naraht, PGD-GRAD

Old 04-07-2013, 01:52 AM
GreekChat Member

Formal Rush at Kansas (Ku) as a Sophomore

Currently I'm a freshman at Ku. Im going to be rushing next semester ( Sophomore Fall ) and I was curious to see if there is anybody who would be willing to give me some tips, especially about Formal Rush weekend June 28-30th. I would have pledged my freshman year but some family requirements kept me from attending. My GPA for both semesters is above a 3.0 ( 3.12 Fall and hopefully around the same, or higher for spring) i'm a double major with a 5 years masters plan, and im involved with some of the different organizations on campus such as student senate and volunteering with organizations that visit. During some of the natural disasters back home (Hurricane Irene/sandy) and the blizzards here I also volunteered. I held an officer position in two high school organizations and I also regularly work with the Wounded Warriors Project. I've already met a lot of guys in the different houses and got in contact with some of the rush chairs. Im not worried about pledging and to be honest, the only thing somewhat worrying me is getting a bid. Is there anything else thats pretty key to getting a bid besides being a nice, friendly guy who they'd want to extend a bid to? Thanks!