GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Fundraising

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,379
2 members and 1,377 guests
3DGator, LaneSig

Old 10-02-2010, 10:35 AM
GreekChat Member

OmegaFi Fundraising Campaigns

Hi Everyone,

Does anyone have any experience using OmegaFi for a major fundraising campaign for their GLO chapter? I would appreciate any information, both good and bad, about your experiences.

Thank you,
RA
Old 10-02-2010, 02:29 PM
Super Moderator

Omega Finance? There's a thread about them somewhere on GC. One of my daughters' chapters used them and they made me crazy--I won't deal with them anymore.
Old 10-05-2010, 08:50 AM
GreekChat Member

Bumping

I did research all the old threads before I posted, but they mostly talked about collecting dues. This is for a major capital campaign. Andy's chapter is looking at hiring them, and he's not so comfortable with it, but doesn't have a GC account, so I'm asking for him.
Old 10-05-2010, 09:35 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnation View Post
Omega Finance? There's a thread about them somewhere on GC. One of my daughters' chapters used them and they made me crazy--I won't deal with them anymore.
For dues or capital campaigns?

I used them many years ago as treasurer. They were great. I believe the chapter still uses Omega Fi. I looked at them awhile back for a capital campaign, but it seemed like I'd be better off just hiring a private consultant.
Mu Tau 5, Central Oklahoma
Old 10-05-2010, 09:51 AM
GreekChat Member

My chapter of initiation in AOII (Nu Beta at Ole Miss) used them for their capital campaign. They did a great job. You can see the website they created by going to the chapter's website. (For whatever reason the website itself doesn't copy and past properly)

http://www.olemiss.edu/orgs/alphaomicronpi/alumnae.html
then in the second paragraph is a link to the Alumnae Website
Then click on that link and that is the Omega Fi fundraising site. The picture on the website is of the addition in the back of the house.

The campaign is still on-going but the addition and renovations were finished in fall 2007. The total cost was about 1.2 million I believe (lots of dirt moving since AOII is on a hill at Ole Miss. Then bringing the rest of the house up to code was pretty expensive too.)

I believe Omega Fi did one for ATO at Ole Miss and a couple of other fraternities. I think Gamma Phi Beta at UGA uses them as well. (Found their website: http://gammaphibetauga.com/alumnae, click on Alumnae Relations and their Omega Fi website comes up)