GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,359
1 members and 1,358 guests
Cookiez17

Old 02-24-2017, 09:11 AM
GreekChat Member

Talking Cute COB recruitment story

So I just have to tell and share with you all a special story. This was COB week. And, it is how my precious girl found her home so it is something near and dear to my heart. She connected with 1 young lady in particular, who for many reasons, did not go thru formal recruitment- she is very shy and not your typical thin, blonde well to do young lady. She wasn't sure if this was something she wanted or not- just like my girl....but she came to every event this week and by end was completely and I mean completely "out of her shell" She has the most bubbly personality and everyone loves her. She is a real go--getter and will be such a positive addition to their sisterhood.She is a bit overweight and this I think, really held her back from doing a formal recruitment because she just wasn't sure how well she would be received. This is why I sooo love Theta-- they are not bound by any certain type of person. They are open to all girls who truly have a love for being greek and wanting to have that sisterhood, and who will bring something so uniquely special to their sorority. Anyway she has asked my daughter, to be her "big"- not sure how this will go, she really wants to but will most likely (although not 100% for sure yet) not be there come fall so she doesn't want to let her down. But I just had to share. Theta got this beautiful young lady and 4 others this week for a total of 5 new COB pledges- so yeah its been an amazing and incredible week indeed. My girl is so happy for her you have no idea!!! She called me and could hardly contain her excitement for her. How neat is this??
Old 02-24-2017, 09:40 AM
GreekChat Member

What a sweet story! I do wish my chapter had been able to do COB when I was an undergrad-we were always over total, so we were never allowed to take spring members. Our high retention is clearly a good thing, but I feel like we would have found some amazing women who didn't go through formal recruitment had we been able to do so.

Is your daughter transferring? I hope there is a Theta chapter wherever she goes!
Old 02-24-2017, 12:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Lovely!! I do hate to hear that your daughter might be transferring, though. I know she has been an asset to the Ole Miss chapter! Best wishes for her, wherever she goes. Keep us posted on her :-)
Old 02-24-2017, 01:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Just so you know....she is in no way transferring. She has applied to study abroad and her application was just filed last week and so now we are just in waiting process, with fingers and toes crossed. She is way excited and is very hopeful.
Old 02-25-2017, 11:47 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stef831 View Post
So I just have to tell and share with you all a special story. This was COB week. And, it is how my precious girl found her home so it is something near and dear to my heart. She connected with 1 young lady in particular, who for many reasons, did not go thru formal recruitment- she is very shy and not your typical thin, blonde well to do young lady. She wasn't sure if this was something she wanted or not- just like my girl....but she came to every event this week and by end was completely and I mean completely "out of her shell" She has the most bubbly personality and everyone loves her. She is a real go--getter and will be such a positive addition to their sisterhood.She is a bit overweight and this I think, really held her back from doing a formal recruitment because she just wasn't sure how well she would be received. This is why I sooo love Theta-- they are not bound by any certain type of person. They are open to all girls who truly have a love for being greek and wanting to have that sisterhood, and who will bring something so uniquely special to their sorority. Anyway she has asked my daughter, to be her "big"- not sure how this will go, she really wants to but will most likely (although not 100% for sure yet) not be there come fall so she doesn't want to let her down. But I just had to share. Theta got this beautiful young lady and 4 others this week for a total of 5 new COB pledges- so yeah its been an amazing and incredible week indeed. My girl is so happy for her you have no idea!!! She called me and could hardly contain her excitement for her. How neat is this??
Thank you for sharing this story because it highlights that many GLO members are welcoming to a diverse group of people. Congratulations to the Ole Miss Theta chapter.
Old 07-25-2018, 10:29 AM
GreekChat Member

I just wanted to post a quick update to let you all know that my daughter did study abroad last fall in Switzerland and Morocco and conducted some amazing research which she will use when applying this fall to radiology school.

As for the special young lady in this story, she has been amazing and incredibly helpful in bringing some wonderful fresh new ideas to the chapter and will be one of the members of the recruitment team this fall. They are all so excited and very much looking forward to this years rush and have been working very hard. Seeing this story today reminded me of her and coincidently today is also her birthday!!