GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Risk Management - Hazing & etc.

Risk Management - Hazing & etc. This forum covers Risk Management topics such as: Hazing, Alcohol Abuse/Awareness, Date Rape Awareness, Eating Disorder Prevention, Liability, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,283
1 members and 1,282 guests
znathanhulzeo24

Old 05-04-2011, 06:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Guns in Fraternity House (Colorado State, Alpha Gamma Rho)

Guns (and ammo) in a fraternity house (AGR), allegedly. If true, this would seem to be a risk management problem. I do applaud those who attempted to disarm the apparently distraught student.

http://www.coloradoan.com/article/20...d-gun-incident

Excerpts from posted report ^:

A CSU fraternity member was arrested Sunday morning after police say he took a fellow Alpha Gamma Rho member's handgun and pointed it at him after his own firearms were confiscated, according to an arrest affidavit . . . .

Finding his weapons gone, Durst went into [another member's] room, took one of his handguns and walked downstairs into a common area, waving and pointing it at three people . . . .
Old 05-05-2011, 12:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by exlurker View Post
Guns (and ammo) in a fraternity house (AGR), allegedly. If true, this would seem to be a risk management problem. I do applaud those who attempted to disarm the apparently distraught student.

http://www.coloradoan.com/article/20...d-gun-incident

Excerpts from posted report ^:

A CSU fraternity member was arrested Sunday morning after police say he took a fellow Alpha Gamma Rho member's handgun and pointed it at him after his own firearms were confiscated, according to an arrest affidavit . . . .

Finding his weapons gone, Durst went into [another member's] room, took one of his handguns and walked downstairs into a common area, waving and pointing it at three people . . . .
Commendable quick thinking on behalf of those who confiscated the guns, but they don't belong there in the first place!

I hope that the guy gets some help.

Old 05-08-2011, 07:28 AM
GreekChat Member

Where would members lawfully store their weapons if they were outright banned from the house?

What I find disturbing about this is that not one, but two, members had their guns out in such a manner that they can be taken and possibly used. You'd expect that they'd at least have the sense to lock all the firearms.
Old 05-08-2011, 02:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by excelblue View Post
Where would members lawfully store their weapons if they were outright banned from the house?

What I find disturbing about this is that not one, but two, members had their guns out in such a manner that they can be taken and possibly used. You'd expect that they'd at least have the sense to lock all the firearms.
Idaho and many other campuses, albeit in the West, have campus facilities for students to keep weapons if they live in campus housing. I have also heard of off campus brothers keeping weapons, but i find that to be a very poorly thought out idea.