GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Risk Management - Hazing & etc.
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Risk Management - Hazing & etc. This forum covers Risk Management topics such as: Hazing, Alcohol Abuse/Awareness, Date Rape Awareness, Eating Disorder Prevention, Liability, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,429
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Zae_TheCreator
» Online Users: 2,376
1 members and 2,375 guests
flirt5721

Old 08-21-2016, 12:27 AM
GreekChat Member

Unhappy Sigma Nu dies at Texas A&M

Very, very sad that this young man lost his life. Several other Sigma Nu members were arrested on drug & alcohol charges. Since this happened in the house, I wonder if closure of the chapter will be coming.

Sigma Nu found dead at chapter house
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-21-2016, 08:20 AM
Super Moderator

This is really tragic.
Mu Tau 5, Central Oklahoma
Old 08-21-2016, 03:42 PM
Super Moderator

Folks, as with any tragedy like this, there are currently multiple investigations, probably including criminal investigations ongoing. Please refrain from posting any sort of rumors or hearsay here.
Old 08-21-2016, 06:23 PM
GreekChat Member

It's always so creepy to me when people smile in their mug shots.
Old 08-21-2016, 06:38 PM
Super Moderator

And right after a brother died. I guess we need to cover that in our pledge training--how to pose for mug shots.
Old 08-22-2016, 03:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Texas A&M Sigma Nu dies of drug overdose - 4 arrested

http://www.wfaa.com/news/local/1-dea...s-am/303742077
Old 08-22-2016, 03:42 PM
Super Moderator

http://www.kbtx.com/content/news/AM-...390813801.html

Police are saying it was an overdose on some kind of opioid. The paraphernalia and other drugs found were marijuana, LSD and MDMA.
Old 08-25-2016, 05:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Here is the latest from the local news in College Station. Kevin, I hope you will allow this post to stick since news articles are cited.

1. The so-called brothers waited 30++ minutes after he overdosed to call 911. They first called the hospital several times to try to find out how to treat the OD themselves without getting police involved. I suspect the investigation will find that this time cost the young man his life as most OD's can be resuscitated. I wonder if this will lead to some sort of murder/ manslaughter charge for the other brothers? There is a similar case going to trial in Dallas for non-assistance of an OD.
http://www.wgrz.com/mb/news/local/se...mber/307365925

2. The police have been called to the Sigma Nu house THIRTY-FIVE times in the last 3 years, for reasons including drug possession and sexual assault.

http://go.socialnewsdesk.com/r?p=164...e5270b&sn=1505

3. The Sigma Nu chapter has been suspended, per Sigma Nu nationals. The chapter was already not recognized by A&M for prior disciplinary action.
http://go.socialnewsdesk.com/r?p=163...8c9785&sn=1506
Old 08-25-2016, 08:56 PM
Super Moderator

The video on one of your links says they weren't a recognized campus organization because they did not have a live-in adviser. Some schools are requiring Resident Advisers or House Moms or some sort of Graduate Adviser to live in the house. Or maybe they needed a faculty member to sign some papers sponsoring them. The statement is pretty vague. I don't think there's any evidence that they weren't a recognized organization due to any sort of misconduct.

And of course I'll leave your post alone so long as it follows the guidelines I stickied to the top of the forum.
Old 08-25-2016, 09:11 PM
Super Moderator

And as to the Dallas case, are you referring to this?

http://crimeblog.dallasnews.com/2014...grandson.html/

In that case, the victim was a billionaire's grandson (these things matter in Texas) and the killer actually injected the victim with the heroine which killed him.

I think it's a little early to be forming a lynch mob. The facts will come out. These kids are probably lawyered up, so it might actually be a very long time before all of the facts are known.
Old 08-26-2016, 12:27 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
And as to the Dallas case, are you referring to this?

http://crimeblog.dallasnews.com/2014...grandson.html/

In that case, the victim was a billionaire's grandson (these things matter in Texas) and the killer actually injected the victim with the heroine which killed him.

I think it's a little early to be forming a lynch mob. The facts will come out. These kids are probably lawyered up, so it might actually be a very long time before all of the facts are known.
No, a different one. A young girl with mental health issues got mixed up in a circle that included drug dealers and strippers, and was injected with a potent strand of heroin that killed her. The story was way more complicated than that, but the dealer and I think the strippers were charged with a bunch of different counts related to distribution and her death.

Her parents are pushing for Texas law to change. There currently is no "good Samaritan" law where one can call 911 to report an OD with no consequences. They believe such a law might have saved their daughter's life, and it seems like from what we know about the Sigma Nu situation that it might have saved the life there, too.
Old 08-26-2016, 07:49 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXDG View Post
No, a different one. A young girl with mental health issues got mixed up in a circle that included drug dealers and strippers, and was injected with a potent strand of heroin that killed her. The story was way more complicated than that, but the dealer and I think the strippers were charged with a bunch of different counts related to distribution and her death.
Yes, there is that case - but bizarrely the T. Boone Pickens grandson case ended up with a plea deal/settlement that the roommate allegedly injected him with the lethal heroin overdose so he could steal his ATM card because the victim "was not a drug dealer". The alleged murderer only served four months in jail as part of the plea deal. (And strangely this all managed to barely merit a blip here on the local radar... I live less than five minutes from the site of the incident.)

Because billionaire heirs die and their murderers only serve four months? Uh huh....
Old 08-26-2016, 01:17 PM
GreekChat Member

I read this morning on KBTX website that the police found cash, drugs, and drug sale records in their search of the Sigma Nu house.
Old 08-26-2016, 01:23 PM
Super Moderator

http://www.kbtx.com/content/news/Fra...391308141.html