GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,274
0 members and 1,274 guests
No Members online

Old 08-11-2007, 06:01 PM

Oh my goodness. I hope everyone stays hydrated so they don't pass out or have other health isssues during the week.

Question: Are all of the parties during the day? Or are some in the afternoon/evening? Daytime parties would mean that girls are going to be out walking around during the hottest parts of the day.

Lakers Nation.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-11-2007, 06:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Parties are between 10-6 everyday with a two hour lunch break. Not all the days are that long but all of them are in that time frame.
Old 08-11-2007, 09:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnchorAlumna View Post
WAY too hot to walk that far.
i'm sure all the cold drinks will help once they arrive.....

btw, my first post was an attempt to be funny......as is this one
Old 08-12-2007, 11:15 PM
GreekChat Member

A friend just moved her daughter into the dorm at Bama. Said 3000 girls signed up for recruitment. Is this true?!?

Old 08-12-2007, 11:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by melongirl View Post
A friend just moved her daughter into the dorm at Bama. Said 3000 girls signed up for recruitment. Is this true?!?

SO funny!!! Check an earlier post in this thread (it's on the page before this one). I believe it's more like 1,450, or a little more.

Last edited by AnchorAlumna; 08-13-2007 at 12:23 AM.
Old 08-14-2007, 11:45 AM
GreekChat Member

Any word on the heat in Ttown?
Final number of PNM? Or was the 1400+ number the final?

Thanks!
Old 08-14-2007, 05:57 PM
GreekChat Member

I didn't see this thread before and created a new one - my daughter is going through recruitment but isn't doing a very good job of keeping me informed - I'm stressing!
Old 08-14-2007, 09:01 PM
GreekChat Member

for BamaMAMA

Hi BamaMama,

I was in a sorority at a smaller school about ten years ago and also served as a Rho Chi. My first cousin rushed at Bama two years ago. I should have taken the week off we were all so nervous for her. She actually didn't have a real good GPA and didn't know many active at all. So we were really anxious for her. She did secure recs to all houses and was a legacy to two houses. But, she ended up pledging something different (and in my opinion one of the best houses on campus).

Having said that, tonight the sororities will probably do grade cuts for the most part. They can at least get their numbers down this way. Some sororities have strict grade requirements, others are real flexbile (thank goodness). Anyway, I believe she'll get her list early in the morning. She might have a full schedule, she might not. Don't stress.

Believe it or not my faith in UA's rush system was renewed after my cousin had not only a bid to an incredible house, but a wonderful rush. She knew what she was up against, we coached her some but she did it! She has a great personality, told the houses she liked she liked them, etc.

If she will keep an open mind, she should do fine. Also, there were not many "bad ones" my cousin encountered. She truly would have been happy in most of them which speaks a lot for the girls.

Hope this helps. I'll be happy to answer whatever you need me to. Keep us posted!
Old 08-14-2007, 09:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Buttonz Send a message via MSN to Buttonz Send a message via Yahoo to Buttonz
Good luck to everyone at Bama! If anyone has any work on how SDT does (I know they aren't taking part in FR but will be CORing) please let me know through PM!

Patriae Multae Spes Una
Old 08-15-2007, 02:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Unhappy PNM Stressing!

My daughter called twice today. She was very disappointed that she had only received 6 invites back - 3 were to her top three, two were from "elite" sororities I can't imagine her joining, and one was from a sorority she simply has no interest in. She just finished a visit at her #1 choice - she felt very at ease and at home during her first visit, but today the member she was paired with was "awkward", making no attempt at conversation or getting to know her. My daughter feels she may be cut from her #1 choice now, and is already heartbroken and stressed even though she is still very interested in two other sororities, and she hasn't been cut yet! Any words of wisdom? Can one person influence cuts so much? (I didn't rush, so I'm new to all this). HELP!
Old 08-15-2007, 04:53 PM
Super Moderator

perhaps your daughters hostess is a sophomore and is rushing on the sorority side for the first time-she may be on the shy side,she could also not be feeling well, her shoes could be pinching her feet, she had a fight with her boyfriend last night, etc. there are many, many reasons why this young woman wasn't a perfect hostess, but we will never know why.

honestly, it depends on the voting process of that particular chapter of that particular sorority.hopefully your daughter was introduced to other members of this sorority today-and met different ones yesterday. the more members one meets, the more opinions to share about a pnm. just because someone has a lackluster hostess, doesn't necessarily mean bad news. even though she had a bad rusher, she continues to like that sorority best-maybe the majority of the sorority will feel the same about her.

if it happens that she is not invited back to that one, i hope that she stays in and accepts the invitations she receives. it would just be so easy if when a pnm is not invited back, they became angry instead of sad, and it spurred them on to join another sorority and help make it the best it can be.

fingers crossed that your daughter gets invitations from the ones she likes best!

Last edited by FSUZeta; 08-16-2007 at 07:42 AM.
Old 08-15-2007, 05:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Thanks - that makes me feel a little better! At this point, I need all the help I can get!
Old 08-15-2007, 09:15 PM
GreekChat Member

BamaMama - Best of luck to your daughter! I went to the University of Alabama and there are so many good houses on campus - you should encourage your daughter to keep an open mind!!! I can't wait to hear how everything turns out.
Old 08-15-2007, 10:05 PM
GreekChat Member

A young lady I wrote a rec for at Alabama is having an awesome recruitment I'll let ya'll know where she pledges! She's loving every moment of her recruitment experience!
Old 08-15-2007, 11:27 PM
GreekChat Member

great houses

I second what MVisKD about so many great houses on campus. My cousin that rushed seems to be a pretty good judge of character and could barely come up with anything bad to say about any of them except purely based on numbers..."they're real small" etc. etc.

Of course some are more well known due to the amount of alumni in the area but I was so surprised at how most chapters are real strong there as opposed to some other large schools with 3-4 good ones and the rest are considered average....