GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Alumni Involvement

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,133
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, Yodapolarisnupe
» Online Users: 1,189
3 members and 1,186 guests
austinyandxtz54, Yodap, Yodapolarisnupe

Old 02-05-2008, 10:10 AM
GreekChat Member

I email my big sis and we exchange cards at christmas. My first little sis deactivated after her first year (she was on a softball scholarship and didn't have time to do both.) My second little sis and I have stayed very close through the years. I will be a bridesmaid in her wedding next April. My third little sis and I have recently reconnected and trade occasional emails. It's harder with her since I became her big sis during my senior year, and we really didn't get that much time together. I just found my Great, great, great, great, great, great, great grand Big sis about two weeks ago. We were very close my first two years in AOII before she moved to NO to go to law school at Loyola. I can't wait to see her again at my chapter's 50th anniversary.

AOII

One Motto, One Badge, One Bond and Singleness of Heart!

Old 02-06-2008, 01:37 PM
GreekChat Member

My family was quite large throughout my college years. Unfortunately, I don't have any idea what has happened to it since many people were "adopted" once their bigs graduate....(a practice that I'm not thrilled about unless someone transfers in).

Anyways.....

My grandbig and I keep in contact through email. I met her once because she graduated before I pledged but like I said....we still chat once in a while.

My big and I are in contact with each other....but it has been off and on. We seem to reconnect every couple years.

My twin and I talk but not often. She attended my wedding in August.

Little #1 and I talk as much as we can. She lives in DC. I unfortunately missed her wedding due to work, but she was able to make it out for mine in August and also comes home for Founder's Day in March.

Little #2 lives in Charlotte and we exchange christmas cards, etc, talk on the phone every once in a while and try to see each other if she's in town.

Little #3 lives in DC also. We meet up when she and her husband are in town or when my husband and I are in DC. We exchange emails and phone calls occasionally.

Little #4 is married and lives in Savannah. I was in her wedding in Aug 06. We see each other when they come home for visits.

My many grandlittles, and great grandlittles, and etc....most of us are still in touch, see each other at Founder's Day, alumnae events, etc.
Old 03-06-2008, 07:00 PM
GreekChat Member

My big & little sisters were both bridesmaids in my wedding. We are all alumnae now, but my little was still a collegian at that time. I still keep in contact with them via email, but it's probably once a month or so.
Old 03-07-2008, 09:02 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to SthrnZeta
I occasionally talk to my grand-big and great-grand big on Myspace or Facebook. I will be inviting my big to my wedding as we have a Zeta tradition between bigs and littles before the ceremony. I talk to my littles occasionally over AIM or MySpace or Facebook. I'll admit I was only really close with my first little, as we lived in the same dorm/apt for my senior year. I attended her wedding and was in charge of the kid's bags and signature plate and my second little was in her wedding and I believe my first little will be in my second little's wedding (so my two littles grew pretty tight after I graduated and even won the Frick and Frack award). I'm much closer with girls I graduated with and one in particular that I pledged with (I'm a bridesmaid in her wedding this month). I wish I was closer with my littles but they both live in VA But that's really no excuse as that pledge sister also lives in VA.
Old 03-08-2008, 12:32 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to brunetteddd
I'm still a collegian, so I see my big, my new step-big, grand-big, and great-grand-big around campus. I'm just excited to get a little of my own next year.......

We're a fairly small chapter on a small campus, so a lot of the families are far more complicated than mine; up until the new addition of my step-big, we were one of the only straight up and down families.
Old 03-08-2008, 04:37 PM
GreekChat Member

I am a recent alum, and both of my littles are still collegians. I don't talk to my big very often, but we didn't always get along when we were in college. However, I talk with my littles (I had twins) at least once every couple weeks and we visit together too. In fact, I just visited my chapter, and it was exciting to see that one of my grand littles is the current president!

Old 05-04-2008, 04:48 AM
GreekChat Member

I talk to my lil sis upon occasion, wish we were a little bit closer, but it's hard when she's always away on AIM and barely answers her phone. All in all.. Im just glad we're cool with each other She's actually the current president this year.

As for my grandlil, I loves her lots! She's s0o cute and a lot easier to get a hold of.. haaha. She is also active.

And right now, I have a great grandlil pledging. I talk to her on AIM and Facebook. She seems really cute and feels that it's really easy to talk to me. So I have nothing bad to say about her.

My big sis, on the other hand, she graduated right after I crossed.. s0o we havent really been the closest of people. She's doing her own thing and was never really that involved in our sorority, whereas I am a lot different for her and wanna help the sorority as much as possible.

I also talk to my grandbig. She's more of a big sis than my actual big sis and she has always been there for me since I was pledging although she was an alumna and in a TOTALLY different part of California. hahaha

Other than that, I dont really talk to anyone above her.. except when I see them in person, then we catch up