GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,468
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, dizzycmaarleyy5
» Online Users: 1,452
2 members and 1,450 guests
PGD-GRAD

Old 05-09-2007, 03:53 PM
GreekChat Member

rushing at iowa state???

-

Last edited by ruaprincs2; 11-23-2008 at 10:36 PM.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 05-09-2007, 04:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to banditone
http://www.greek.iastate.edu/join/how/women/
Old 05-09-2007, 04:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Why don't you try calling the Office of Greek Affairs? They will be able to answer your specific questions regarding Recruitment at ISU.

Good luck!
Old 05-09-2007, 04:24 PM
Unregistered-

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruaprincs2 View Post
well i've seen that.. but if you read it, it says that the questionnaire that you e-mail is for CURRENT iowa state students. and ill be a freshman in the fall.

i;m just looking for more information than "if you want to rush, move in is on the 11th"
Sometimes you need to just get out there and call the Greek Life office instead of relying on the internet and message boards.

0355 Memorial Union, Ames, Iowa 50011, (515) 294-1023
Office of Greek Affairs, greekaffairs@iastate.edugreekaffairs (at) iastate (dot) edu

If Fall Recruitment information isn't published on the website yet, then chances are the information isn't even available to ANYONE just yet, so you're not the only one. Give them a call, and if they have info ready, they'll give it to you. If not, just sit tight, be patient, and wait until it's ready.
Old 05-09-2007, 04:46 PM
GreekChat Member

irishpipes has established a fairly comprehensive Fall recruitment thread here: http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/sh...ad.php?t=86934

It doesn't appear that the information has been publicly distributed yet. (Though there is a link to a PDF file of a Panhellenic calendar on the Greek Affairs website which says that formal recruitment is Aug 11th-16th, with a recruitment wrap-up...whatever that is...on Aug 29th.)

I would second the idea that you should contact the Greek Affairs office directly - most large universities send a mailer to incoming freshmen over the summer which contains the registration form and other necessary info. If you want the information before that mailer goes out or if you just want to make sure that you are on the mailing list for any materials, the Greek Affairs office is going to be the one who can assist you with that.

If you have general questions about recruitment (do I need recommendation letters? what should I wear? etc.), there are a wealth of threads here which detail that info - you might also want to browse those s you have time. If you do a search for Iowa State, you might also find specific information to that campus too. (I know we've had at least one or two ISU Greek folks on GC...)

Good luck!
Old 05-09-2007, 04:55 PM
GreekChat Member

I PM'd you!

ETA: The spring semester *just* ended last week, so things are most likely a little empty in the GA office right now. They will probably update the website for formal recruitment (and I think include an online registration option) within the next month.

Likewise, you'll probably get information in the mail about recruitment in the next month as well.
Perhaps it'll be a hootshinpaloozaree. I don't know.

Last edited by ISUKappa; 05-09-2007 at 05:01 PM.