GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Zeta > Zeta Tau Alpha

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,126
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, babobygooglet93
» Online Users: 1,897
0 members and 1,897 guests
No Members online

Old 12-01-2004, 04:53 PM
GreekChat Member

University of Mississippi Zeta?

Hey yall, I am just curious if anyone knows the status of Zeta at Ole Miss. I know they closed in the late 90's due to numbers(correct me if I'm wrong) but I have heard rumors that they might be back in Spring 2005? I think Ole Miss definatley needs Zeta!!
ZLAM
Old 12-01-2004, 05:33 PM

Although I would be ecstatic if ZTA came back to Ole Miss, I think the rumors that you've heard are, well, just rumors. ZTA's Gamma Delta chapter closed back in 1999 due to numbers. There's been a few threads in the Greek Life forum on Ole Miss sororities. The overall consensus is that Ole Miss is a very unforgiving place for chapters that have 'failed'. If ZTA does come back, I would imagine that it would be years down the road rather than a little over 5 years later.
If the rumors are true, I hope ZTA does some major PR before recolonizing the chapter so that the perceived image is changed!

I'm sure that Tippiechick could probably give a better response than me since she's an alum from that chapter.
Old 12-01-2004, 06:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ZTAngel
Although I would be ecstatic if ZTA came back to Ole Miss, I think the rumors that you've heard are, well, just rumors. ZTA's Gamma Delta chapter closed back in 1999 due to numbers. There's been a few threads in the Greek Life forum on Ole Miss sororities. The overall consensus is that Ole Miss is a very unforgiving place for chapters that have 'failed'. If ZTA does come back, I would imagine that it would be years down the road rather than a little over 5 years later.
If the rumors are true, I hope ZTA does some major PR before recolonizing the chapter so that the perceived image is changed!

I'm sure that Tippiechick could probably give a better response than me since she's an alum from that chapter.
Yea, I know a little about greek life@ Ole Miss. My boyfriend is in a fraternity there. I'm not positive about Ole Miss being unforgiving. The fraternity my boyfriend is a part of was kicked off in the late 90's ( around when Zeta closed) and is back and decently strong. I would just love to see Zeta back at Ole Miss. It just seems weird going to football games and not seeing Zeta stuff like at my school.

ZLAM
Old 12-01-2004, 07:50 PM

This thread here might be of interest to you: http://greekchat.com/gcforums/showth...threadid=40544

It's a lengthy discussion of the Ole Miss culture and what it would take for a new group to colonize/recolonize on campus.

I definitely think that a ZTA colonization at Ole Miss could be done but it would take a lot of work! I do hope it happens one day, though.
Old 12-16-2004, 12:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Zeta Tau Alpha

Reunion

June 10 & 11, 2005

Ole Miss

http://www.alumniconnections.com/olc...sp?chapter=144